• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - New Trailer | TGS 2024

Hookshot

Gold Member
It could have been fun but I don't trust what I've seen of the actual devs

Also what's with the slap? Seems rude and unnecessary

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Yeah, I will want to see actual reviews and YouTube videos of full game for this.

I am still not fully onboard with first person perspective and who knows how storyline and characterization turns out.

Astray

Yeah, I will want to see actual reviews and YouTube videos of full game for this.

I am still not fully onboard with first person perspective and who knows how storyline and characterization turns out.
There are a lot of pieces that look good, but they're hiding the overall view of the game which makes it hard to gauge for me.

Vick

Gold Member
Looking forward to this. While I noticed what could be a nice improvement on Indy's 5 o'clock shadow rendering compared to previous footage, and most characters look great thanks to the SSS, I'm not impressed at all by the rest of the game visuals, especially lighting, shadows and most of all vegetation.. have just replayed the OG PS3 Uncharted games and.. well. Hopefully the awful encode is largely responsible.

I'll also say, hearing japanese while faced by this felt a bit surreal:

n2VvTEV.png

intbal

So many red flags with this one. Primarily that anything Lucasfilm-related is under the franchise-killing thumb of Kathleen Kennedy.

The only bright spot is that he refers to it as a "First person single player adventure". That's a name description I've not heard in a long time.

I like the art style although the vegetation and the environment seems fuzzy for some reason. Like the cutscenes so far and the story they seem to be hinting at( along with voice and expression work) but I am cautious about the gameplay. They haven't shown a lot of gameplay but whatever they have shown seems not great.

xanaum

I don’t know, I feel like I still don’t want to buy this game. Maybe I was expecting a different experience from it.

RaduN

Fidelity looks great.

Othewise it looks crappy imo. Wonky models with wonky animations and wonky combat.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm so glad I can get this on game pass as while the IP is beloved, that first person view is......eh. Lots of hand to hand, swinging, sliding, and jumping is always janky looking to me. The way his arms and fists appear on screen just don't 'feel' great, or when he is sliding and you have his feet as well as his arms on screen together, is he bent over double? I'm sure a 3rd person mod will come out showing how goofy the character model moves.

Just seems like a missed opportunity for one of the MOST ICONIC silhouettes in history. This feels more like one of those Mirrors Edge parkour games than an Indy version of Uncharted, which is what I wanted.

I don’t think Machine Games do Uncharted style games.

Looking forward to slower paced survival style gameplay and puzzle solving. (Going by Riddick comparisons).

Elios83

Were they forced to do this trailer?
Because it's a really low key effort in a moment where they should ramp up the marketing.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I bet most of the gameplay is stealth and solving puzzles. Not exactly exciting video to show.
Plus you don't want to show all the big set pieces.
Hope not first person stealth and puzzles sounds pony. I'd rather be fist fighting Nazi's, swinging about on whips and such

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I will play this game. I can’t say I’m excited for it. It I hope it’s a good puzzler with some action sprinkled in.

Hope not first person stealth and puzzles sounds pony. I'd rather be fist fighting Nazi's, swinging about on whips and such

I think the combat is the worst looking part of the game. I think it'll be pretty secondary considering Indy doesn't kill anyone. It's not going to be a brawler like Final Fight but in first person. ha!

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I think the combat is the worst looking part of the game. I think it'll be pretty secondary considering Indy doesn't kill anyone. It's not going to be a brawler like Final Fight in first person. ha!
What do you mean Indy doesn't kill anyone? I think you might be getting mixed up.

The first person combat in Butcher Bay was decent enough, im expecting something along those lines.

What do you mean Indy doesn't kill anyone? I think you might be getting mixed up.

The first person combat in Butcher Bay was decent enough, im expecting something along those lines.

Well I guess I exaggerated, but they did state this isn't a shooter. First person fist fights isn't going to be the bulk of the game.

clarky

Gold Member
Well I guess I exaggerated, but they did state this isn't a shooter. First person fist fights isn't going to be the bulk of the game.
Most encounters will be whips and fist fights I'd expect, thats what they have shown in the small snippets of gameplay so I don't know where you are getting that from.

Edit Obviously its not going to be like a FP final fight.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
I bet most of the gameplay is stealth and solving puzzles. Not exactly exciting video to show.
Plus you don't want to show all the big set pieces.
Just what I want from this game.

Seems a solid 8 game incoming
And that would be more than enough for me. It's an Indy game, before getting my heart shattered by 360/PS3 Staff of Kings version cancellation last one I liked was Emperor's Tomb, 21 years ago.

Last edited:
In Butchers Bay, you cannot win a brawl against a group. So am assuming gun will be used just to thin their nos before a all out brawl per encounter.

Also, save bullets for armed enemies cause cannot win otherwise.

Nydius

Why does it feel like they are going out of their way to hide the actual gameplay as much as possible? Game’s out in a couple months and here we are with yet another “trailer” that is 95% curated cutscenes, artistic panoramic shots, and studio devs talking.

Makes me glad I’ll be playing this on Game Pass because my expectations based on these trailers are so low I’d have to dig upward to find groundwater.

Top Bottom