• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - Previews Roundup

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Releasing December 9th on Xbox, PC and Game Pass and Spring 2025 on PS5.

Sneaking looks to be a big part of The Great Circle, with stealth emphasized as a core tenet of gameplay – as it was in Escape from Butcher Bay.

Sure, it’s very heavily leaning on decades of Indiana Jones cliches, and we’ll be shocked if you don’t have to save your hat from a rapidly closing door, but honestly, who cares? When that music kicks in and the whip snaps across a Nazi’s face, there’s nothing quite like it.

From everything shown so far, Indiana Jones and the Great Circle looks like one of the year's most promising games. It's incredible how much the game looks like an Indiana Jones movie, from its presentation, to its sense of humor. Unfortunately, no one has had a chance to go hands-on with the game yet, so it's hard to say just how much these elements will actually come together once the final product has been released. However, every time MachineGames shows off Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, I find myself excited to learn more. Hopefully we'll get an opportunity to go hands-on ahead of the game's release date, which is planned for December 9th.

The game is set shortly after Raiders of the Lost Ark and promises to be the biggest game Machine Games has ever worked on. As someone who didn't enjoy the last two Indiana Jones movies (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and The Dial of Destiny), I'm happy to say this title finally has me excited about the whip-cracking, fedora-sporting adventurer again.

After seeing some gameplay of Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, it's clear there's a lot of depth for adventurers to explore.

After seeing Indiana Jones and the Great Circle's stealthy disguises, punchy hand-to-hand combat, and the iconic whip in action, it's one adventure I need in my life

Preview: ‘Indiana Jones and the Great Circle’ is shaping up to be the most authentic video game Indy experience

As a huge Indy and adventure fan, I really want Indiana Jones and the Great Circle to be, well, great - but I am keeping my expectations in check for now. From my admittedly brief time with Great Circle, it's clear it's been created with a healthy dose of nostalgia and respect for long-term fans of the series. My first impression is of a game that's going to be a bit of nice-looking but maybe a tad predictable escapism, which will if nothing else be a fun way to while away a few hours - but I'd be more than happy to be surprised with a genuine adventure.

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
vin diesel GIF

Nonehxc

Fuck. Didn't know MachineGames were the cream of StarBreeze when Riddick was made.

Now I know why I love so much their particular flavor of FPS.

I will be circling the 9th of course. 😎

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fuck. Didn't know MachineGames were the cream of StarBreeze when Riddick was made.

Now I know why I love so much their particular flavor of FPS.

I will be circling the 9th of course. 😎

I'll probably be circling the 5th or 6th if they offer a Game Pass premium upgrade path.

Darsxx82

As a big fan, the announcement of a new Indiana Jones game was already an immense joy for me, but I am even more excited about everything I am seeing, especially today.

The moment of the present stone ball has killed me.... Could it be that there are scenes from the movies in memory mode???🤔🤔

If Mussolini's character is as well characterized as Hitler in New Order..... We are going to have a lot of laughs 😂

HL3.exe

Let's go, I've been waiting for Machine Games to make the full transformation back to the old 2000's Starbreeze.

They even have the lead designer from Butcherbay and The Darkness leading the project.

Kusarigama

Things I do not appreciate:
1. CGI announcement trailers without any gameplay.
2. Previews of video games in non video formats.

Bartski

Gold Member
Let us know how Butcher Bay it feels!

Even though most Machine Games is old Starbreeze, their latest bread and butter is all gung-ho shooters. Will be interesting to see them return to slower paced stealth focus.
It was a hands off gameplay deep dive, joint presentation with Shattered Space in a cinema. So no hands on for randos like yours truly. Exploring, puzzles, traversal, combat a character played byTony Todd - I haven't played Butcher Bay but it honestly all looked really good and I’m definitely in.

Darsxx82

From the description of the game in the Xbox store, the XSX version will also come with Ray Tracing and at 60fps...

Top Bottom