• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie dev of Citizens: Far Lands being extorted to add diversity to two-year old game or else suffer review bombing

ManaByte

Gold Member

7nwM87g.png

This is the game:

HL3.exe

I get spam daily in my inbox, just block and move on.

Also, who's to say this isn't a troll move to stoke up culture war flames by mailing dumb shit like this to themselves for attention.

HL3.exe

Showing a totally not suspicious random email from some apparent woke asshole threatening to lead a mass review bombing is a great way to manipulate Asmongold's gullible ass anti woke audience into buying your shitty indie game.
He probably sent those emails himself just to stir up some drama and sell a few more copies of the game to people who'll actually fall for it, lol.
This. the 'outrage sells' machine go brrrr.

It will never not be funny to me that the ones crying about 'keep your agenda out of my thing', are ironically the ones pushing agendas the hardest.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Showing a totally not suspicious random email from some apparent woke asshole threatening to lead a mass review bombing is a great way to manipulate Asmongold's gullible ass anti woke audience into buying your shitty indie game.
while you are entirely correct, there's a 99% chance this is just farming for more sales using one of the biggest streamers.

it is also worth remembering that this would only work if it seemed real. To make a claim like that and have people actually believe it without further evidence is kind of telling that there is a bigger problem overall.

if back in 2010 someone posted that we all would have laughed and said, look at the weirdo tryna make Game Dev bow down to them, everyone point and laugh.

then we'd move on.

FeralEcho

This. the 'outrage sells' machine go brrrr.

It will never not be funny to me that the ones crying about 'keep your agenda out of my thing', are ironically the ones pushing agendas the hardest.
Sure Jan GIF

And which agendas are those?

Didn't know not wanting to be indoctrinated and just wanting to have fun without being berated by 50 political views about either gender,race or sex in the game is having an agenda now...

But what do I know... I've only been gaming since the 90's...

MMaRsu

Please do not purchase or wishlist the game on the account of these e-mails. The game itself is over two years old now. I've not been flooded with negative reviews, and aside from these sour interactions in my inbox no harm was done. In hindsight I should have redacted the name from the e-mail. Sorry about that.

HL3.exe

Sure Jan GIF

And which agendas are those?

Didn't know not wanting to be indoctrinated and just wanting to have fun without being berated by 50 political views about either gender,race or sex in the game is having an agenda now...

But what do I know... I've only been gaming since the 90's...
That's society dawg. Things don't tend to stagnate culturally if you have a healthy county where the culture values are so that people can be and expressive themselves however they want. But calling it 'indoctrination' tells me enough.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

That's society dawg. Thing don't stagnate culturally if you have a healthy county where the culture value are so that people can be and expressive themselves however they want. But calling it 'indoctrination' tells me enough.
Calling this forced garbage "expressive" tells me enough as well...

I'm sure you must've expressed yourself quite alot in Dustborn,it is too bad no one was there to see it since the game's playerbase representing this so called "modern audience" where representation and diversity are so needed is a damn ghost town.

But don't worry... there's Concord where you can play as a diverse cast of chara...
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

...My bad,here I went and mentioned another dead game.

SaintALia

This is a good example of why you need to screencap AND post the source when making a thread. Now the posts are deleted, and people in the comments seem to be ffrothing at the mouth to protect the dev and no one seems to have done any proper detective work before it got wiped.

Ah well, but I found this comment funny though:

"This is ragebait to advertise your shitty game that's been released for years. Conveniently on sale right now as well."

I Guess it is super easy(barely an inconvenience), to rile people up these days over certain trigger words, instantly causing them to fall into defense or attack mode. I sometimes wish I was an unscrupulous grifter...the amount of cash I'd be rolling in right now.

HL3.exe

Calling this forced garbage "expressive" tells me enough as well...

I'm sure you must've expressed yourself quite alot in Dustborn,it is too bad no one was there to see it since the game's playerbase representing this so called "modern audience" where representation and diversity are so needed is a damn ghost town.

But don't worry... there's Concord where you can play as a diverse cast of chara...
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

...My bad,here I went and mentioned another dead game.
Dawg, your expressing yourself right now, unironically. Be glad you live in a society where that's even possible and have the ass backwards opinions that you have, without it having a effect on your livelihood. Why don't you let others do their thing too, why do you even care haha. They're not infringing on your freedoms, so why do you want to restrict theirs.

FeralEcho

Dawg, your expressing yourself right now, unironically. Be glad you live in a society where that's even possible and have the ass backwards opinions that you have, without it having a effect on your livelihood. Why don't you let others do their thing too, why do you even care haha. They're not infringing on your freedoms, so why do you want to restrict theirs.

Who exactly is restricting their freedoms?

Last I checked they were the ones censoring and canceling (thus having an effect on one's livelihood as you put it) whoever doesn't align with their views so what are you even talking about dude???

Maybe take a break from social media garbage as it seems it gave you such bad brainrot that you aren't making a lick of sense anymore.

Literally all they do is cancel and censor products and people that don't align with their views,it's the very definition of infringing on your freedoms.The fact that you don't even see the irony of your own post shows me I've nothing more to discuss with you.

It seems like HL3.exe.has stopped working properly...a restart may be required to fix the system logic "dawg".

HL3.exe

Who exactly is restricting their freedoms?

Last I checked they were the ones censoring and canceling (thus having an effect on one's livelihood as you put it) whoever doesn't align with their views so what are you even talking about dude???

Maybe take a break from social media garbage as it seems it gave you such bad brainrot that you aren't making a lick of sense anymore.

Literally all they do is cancel and censor products and people that don't align with their views,it's the very definition of infringing on your freedoms.The fact that you don't even see the irony of your own post shows me I've nothing more to discuss with you.

It seems like HL3.exe.has stopped working properly...a restart may be required to fix the system logic "dawg".
True, the other side never engages in cancel culture tactics. Nice one sided viewpoint. Great job.

I'm still giggling at the 'And which agendas are those?' remark, and then proceeding to call the opposite side 'indoctrination.' Some funny shit. That's trolling level of satire, or maybe the double-digit IQ didn't comprehend what 'pushing agenda' meant.

FeralEcho

True, the other side never engages in cancel culture tactics. Nice one sided viewpoint. Great job.

I'm still giggling at the 'And which agendas are those?' remark, and then proceeding to call the opposite side 'indoctrination.' Some funny shit. That's trolling level of satire, or maybe the double-digit IQ didn't comprehend what 'pushing agenda' meant.
I'm surprised you can even count to double digits with how awful your grammar is.

Sentenza

The reddit thread was removed so no idea what it contained exactly.
Who removed it and why would be interesting as well. Was it bullshit to grab people's attention or is it just some over-zealous reddit mod?

Last edited:

HL3.exe

I'm surprised you can even count to double digits with how awful your grammar is.
True, for a non-American that speaks/writes in 3 different languages, pretty impressive I agree. At least you're honest about not denying your double-digit IQ count, I can respect that.

Last edited:

HL3.exe

Nowhere in my post did I agree,but it's nice to see you keep projecting and gaslighting as you've been doing all throughout this thread.
I'm the gaslighting bad guy here. Absolutely true. The liberal that ass backwards retards are whining about online, and at the end of the day I'll still have to hold your hand like a caretaker, point and say: "see, it's not all that scary out there. Don't get you anti-woke brainrot panties all up in a twist. Just buy the things ya like and ignore the stuff ya don't" in the hope they just calm the fuck down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom