• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

rdrr gnr

Great job alr1ghtstart. Almost made the horrendous box art and pre-order bullshit seem reasonable! = (
Still pretty hype though. And still my most anticipated game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Very nice OT!

Genjikage said:
Aweomse OT, preordered already cant wait!
Typo in the topic though, you have it releasing in 2001 in Eur.

I2 will be so amazing, that's what will happen.

Besides, there's precedent for
time travel

Irish

alr1ghtstart said:
that's basically how it is. you can hold d-pad left to hotswap them without going through the pause menu.

That's disheartening. Seems like it could really disrupt the flow of the game when all you want to do is platform around the city. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of not having to go into the pause menu every time you want to switch out a power, but I definitely believe it would be nice to hotswap entire power setups without having to stop the game at all. I mean, why can't I have ice jump on one button and kinetic pulse on another or at the very least be allowed to just hit a button on the D-Pad without pausing the game and bringing up a menu so they can both be on R2?

Keikoku

Banned
Won't play it until I replay Infamous 1 first, but since I got to download it on the PSN (welcome package), it's likely going to be in 2012. Have fun GAF !

Loudninja

Irish said:
That's disheartening. Seems like it could really disrupt the flow of the game when all you want to do is platform around the city. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of not having to go into the pause menu every time you want to switch out a power, but I definitely believe it would be nice to hotswap entire power setups without having to stop the game at all. I mean, why can't I have ice jump on one button and kinetic pulse on another or at the very least be allowed to just hit a button on the D-Pad without pausing the game and bringing up a menu so they can both be on R2?
Ah that's a pretty odd thing to say any other way woudl be a mess.

Loudninja

Snapshot King said:
Man what the hell, why are there so many pre-order bonus powers? Sniper shot is one of them, and that things invaluable.
I use it in the beta the preorder bonus just another form of it.

Loudninja

Irish said:
?

Admittedly, it's much better than limiting the amount of powers to fit the amount of buttons on the controller.
It works well dude, its much more tactical than the first game you still have ,more freedom than you think.

First game came out of nowhere for me. Looked like a boring Crackdown-esque clone, then it started to get good reception and I tried it. Blew me away.

Hopefully this will be just as exciting. I won't be picking it up next week, because money is a bit tight, but as soon as the price drops by £10 or so it's mine!

iNvid02

nice ot, im getting the special edition from GAME (with my reward points and cashback it comes down to about £40).
also getting one from play.com for the U3 beta and other ability, will prob return it though
im evil

can't wait! hope to receive mine tomorrow!

Haven't finished the first. watched my brother play lol it was excruciating and how shitty of a gamer he is.

Angry Fork

The first game left such a bad taste in my mouth that I can't get excited for this even though I want to. It looks like it's improved a lot of the stuff that angered me about the first game but i'm still turned off. The main thing they've seemed to fix is the environments and this time they have more colors than just gray and blueish tint. Lots of varied environments, different/unique buildings and area's etc. but I'm not convinced the mission design is any better. The characters/story still look stupid and terrible with vapid morality choices. I wish they released a demo for it so I could get a feel for it and see if it looks to be a big enough improvement.

Loudninja said:
I would not worry their are alot of powers in the game.

Sure, but how many of them are pre-order bonuses? I mean, like 10%? 15%? It's still crazy high considering I wasn't even going to pre-order it, and now even if I do I get fucked. This is one of the worst cases of retailer specific pre-orders I've seen in a long while.

Irish

Loudninja said:
It works well dude, its much more tactical than the first game you still have ,more freedom than you think.

I know, it's just some options I would like to have. The main thing that bothers me is putting all the platforming/defensive stuff on the same button. It would just be nice to be able to put what you want, where you want it.

OP said:
If you have trophies from inFAMOUS, use them to unlock bonus content and change your adventure in inFAMOUS 2. Alter karma level, unlock extra energy cores, and bonus XP. Side missions, dead drops, and dialog also is changed depending on your previous choices.

Do we know what you get for having the Platinum trophy from inFAMOUS 1?

Loudninja

Snapshot King said:
Sure, but how many of them are pre-order bonuses? I mean, like 10%? 15%? It's still crazy high considering I wasn't even going to pre-order it, and now even if I do I get fucked. This is one of the worst cases of retailer specific pre-orders I've seen in a long while.
Ha no not at all I counted like 50 powers in the beta.
Irish said:
I know, it's just some options I would like to have. The main thing that bothers me is putting all the platforming/defensive stuff on the same button. It would just be nice to be able to put what you want, where you want it.

I see your point now.

Irish said:
For those of you who managed to download the beta before the store went down, would you please shed some light on the idea of power switching? I'm somewhat concerned that it really locks down a lot of your freedom.
It's similar to having a weapon wheel, but instead of toggling which weapon you're holding, you toggle which weapon is assigned to each button. It is no more intrusive on gameplay than the weapon wheel in Resistance. Works great.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I want to play the first before I try this. But hey, thanks sony for not having your shit together, still can't download it!

Fjordson

Absolutely loved the first inFamous. Day one for 2 next week =D

They seriously stepped up the visuals for this. Not that the first game looked bad, but I always found the city a bit bland. New Marais looks way more interesting and alive.

Irish

narwhalSTAB said:
It's similar to having a weapon wheel, but instead of toggling which weapon you're holding, you toggle which weapon is assigned to each button. It is no more intrusive on gameplay than the weapon wheel in Resistance. Works great.

Categories are still liked to a single button though, correct? I can't put Kinetic Pulse on R2 and Ice Jump on X or have Grenades A, B, C, & D all mapped to the face buttons. I mean, it's a great improvement over inFamous 1, but it could have gone further is all I'm saying.

GeoramA

Praying my copy arrives tomorrow. The PS Store going back up would be nice as well.

One of these needs to happen because I'm sick of my backlog and I want something new.

An-Det

Great OT. I absolutely loved the first game. Next tuesday is going to be awesome when my Hero edition arrives.

Irish said:
Categories are still liked to a single button though, correct? I can't put Kinect Pulse on R2 and Ice Jump on X or have Grenades A, B, C, & D all mapped to the face buttons. I mean, it's a great improvement over inFamous 1, but it could have gone further is all I'm saying.
Yeah, you're right. I'm guessing their thought was to have your basic shooting power (and all of its variants) on one button, special powers on another, etc. You're idea is probably the next evolution in infamous 3, if there is one.

Pkaz01

Amazon really got a shitty pre order bonus this time wow. A gold version of something already in the game that is just dumb. Oh well I get 10$ off on there so whatever.

Top Bottom