• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Clipper

Edgeward said:
Maybe I'll find that fucking 1 shard I need before this game comes!
Fucking doubt it
I would say it is either
on the very top of that huge tower near Ground Zero
or
on the walls of the prison complex
. Note that the radar power that lets you see if a shard is nearby has a limitation of distance in all three dimensions. I thought it was emitting a cylinder of infinite height from its effect on the minimap, but it actually seems to be more of a sphere (or perhaps just a shortened cylinder). Thus, if you are just running around at street level mashing the button, you won't see the shards that are really high up, so just go to the high places, climb up a bit of the way, and then try your radar thingy.

Liked the first one, so much so I platinumed it but.....

Ugh, fuck this pre-order bullshit!
Not only am I not going to pre-order, I'm only going to buy the game reduced same as LA Noire. No way am I supporting this practice.

I have a huge backlog anyway and by the time I get around to getting this all the pre-order crap will (hopefully) be up on the store anyway.

The game looks good though! The first was perhaps graphically the worst 'major' PS3 game so glad to see them improved in a big way

Clipper said:
I would say it is either
on the very top of that huge tower near Ground Zero
or
on the walls of the prison complex
. Note that the radar power that lets you see if a shard is nearby has a limitation of distance in all three dimensions. I thought it was emitting a cylinder of infinite height from its effect on the minimap, but it actually seems to be more of a sphere (or perhaps just a shortened cylinder). Thus, if you are just running around at street level mashing the button, you won't see the shards that are really high up, so just go to the high places, climb up a bit of the way, and then try your radar thingy.

Did they "fix" this in InFamous 2 or not? God I hope so, searching for those shards was a bloody nightmare.

ObnoxiousZebra said:
Did they "fix" this in InFamous 2 or not? God I hope so, searching for those shards was a bloody nightmare.
I had to print map guide and restart the game and mark the map every time I got a shard. Super tedious, but got my platinum at last.

Callibretto said:
I had to print map guide and restart the game and mark the map every time I got a shard. Super tedious, but got my platinum at last.

That's how I got my platinum too, I don't know if I could be bothered doing that again for this game though.

Fuck yes, just got the Rockhound trophy in inFamous. You shall haunt me no longer!

Edit: Your covers are damn slick, Rengoku. What kind of paper is best for these covers?

Carl

ConradCervantes said:
Fuck yes, just got the Rockhound trophy in inFamous. You shall haunt me no longer!

Did you miss a really bloody obvious one like i did? I spent about 3 days looking for the last shard and eventually found it on the side of a flippin' building not far from Zeke's.

HixxSAFC said:
nice. Can't believe the pricing on the Hero Edition. $99-£99? :/

Yep really fucked up that, if it was £69 i might have bought it. Look what happend to the killzone 3 crazy edition it bombed hard at the stupid £99 price tag.

Nyx

The original was fun for like 3 hours, then it became way too repetitive for me.

But ofcourse this sequel looks awesome, will wait for reviews to see if I might like it more this time around.

Irish

I don't get why everyone hates on Zeke's character. I thought he was pretty damn entertaining and his voice actor was spot-on. His stories were awesome as well. Short version: "Remember that cop who tried to stop me from peeing in that alley." "Yeah, you pissed all over him." "Well, he told me to put my hands in the air."

Irish said:
I don't get why everyone hates on Zeke's character. I thought he was pretty damn entertaining and his voice actor was spot-on. His stories were awesome as well. Short version: "Remember that cop who tried to stop me from peeing in that alley." "Yeah, you pissed all over him." "Well, he told me to put my hands in the air."

Yep...that's a pretty good reason to kill him.

That...and the whole, "Fuck you Cole. I WANT TEH POWARZ TOO!"

Not only is he a sub-par character but a bad friend too.

Irish

bigdaddygamebot said:
Yep...that's a pretty good reason to kill him.

That...and the whole, "Fuck you Cole. I WANT TEH POWARZ TOO!"

Not only is he a sub-par character but a bad friend too.

See, I thought he was well characterized which made
him betraying you actually feel bad for the player.
You could tell right from the get go that these guys were roguish dudes and that made playing as good all the more satisfying. Nothing in that game made you want to be a good guy because every character was a huge douche, but doing so despite all of that felt awesome.

KaotikMind said:
Questions:

1- Will the comic book cutscenes be back?

Yeah, but they actual cutscenes now too. I think the comic cutscenes are great when used for large portions of exposition.

so1337

Man, I had no intention of purchasing Infamous 2 because of my ever growing backlog but a couple of those IGN-videos was all it took to remind me how much I loved the first game. I'm gonna have to get this after all (even though I shouldn't).

Zeth

I'm actually tempted to play through the original this week but I'm afraid I'll be burnt out on infamous by the time I get the second one next week.

Irish

Zeth said:
I'm actually tempted to play through the original this week but I'm afraid I'll be burnt out on infamous by the time I get the second one next week.

I thought I would end up getting burnt out as well by replaying it last week, but it made me all the more excited to play through I2 because of that ending.

tusken77

Platinumed and loved every second of playing through inFamous. Will do exactly the same for the sequel. Just hoping the Amon Tobin-less soundtrack will be equally as epic as the first.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Some Targets are selling the game early. Not street dated so if you don't see it on shelves, ask if they can get a copy for you from the back. Some Targets even have the game on clearance for $30. YMMV

dexterslu

551pjs

Picked it up almost an hour ago, I'm sure if you wait a few hours Target will send out an email alerting stores..So try ASAP If you want it

Can't F'ing wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all you Zeke haters need to chill! I thought the fact that his character was flawed made him more real. Don't act like you wouldn't want the power if you had a chance! I hope they go into the revival and healing of the friendship somewhere in the 2nd game.

Irish

cjtiger300 said:
Can't F'ing wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all you Zeke haters need to chill! I thought the fact that his character was flawed made him more real. Don't act like you wouldn't want the power if you had a chance! I hope they go into the revival and healing of the friendship somewhere in the 2nd game.

You should see if you can pick it up from Target, CJ (even though you've already got your preorder for the Hero edition and all). I have to wait on this stupid fuckin' cable guy. :/

Wario64 said:
Some Targets are selling the game early. Not street dated so if you don't see it on shelves, ask if they can get a copy for you from the back. Some Targets even have the game on clearance for $30. YMMV

Seriously?

Horns

Nice OP.

Now come on PSN welcome back bonuses! I really want to play through Infamous 1 a second time before 2 comes out.

Alucrid

Banned
DMPrince said:
can't wait! hope to receive mine tomorrow!

Haven't finished the first. watched my brother play lol it was excruciating and how shitty of a gamer he is.

You're giving out free copies, right?

Irish said:
I wonder if they'd tell me they had it for sale if I called them.

I was thinking the same thing. But word is you shouldn't call and make then aware of it.

That's crazy, what is with the price as well?

Massa

MMaRsu said:
Zeke sucks

That's how I felt about pretty much every character in the original game (with the exception of Cole). Really didn't like the story or characters, still thought it was an amazing game.

French

Banned
Just read a french review. They gave it 18/20.

They say that the gap between Infamous 1 and 2 is as big as the gap between Uncharted 1and 2.

Majmun

French said:
Just read a french review. They gave it 18/20.

They say that the gap between Infamous 1 and 2 is as big as the gap between Uncharted 1and 2.

Nice. :)

Platinumed the first Infamous and loved every second of it. Can't wait to get my hands on Infamous 2. I've been on a media block out.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Good stuff OP. I'll probably pick it up day 1. Had fun with the first one and this one seems to be an improvement in almost every way.

Top Bottom