• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

One person does a team not make. Sucker Punch is a personal favorite sony developer for me and are at least on the same level as Santa Monica and Media Molecule.
Well to you. :p For the most part, those 4 teams are the ones that get the hype, pedigree, sales and scores behind them. I would love for Sucker Punch to reach that level. inFamous 1 + 2 were pretty good games overall but not at that level. Hopefully the 3rd will be a level or 2 higher and their next game (or sequel). SP and GG seem to be the two teams that are "almost there" type of teams but still haven't reached that level.

I'm loving the early impressions of this game though. It's true and I never said one person makes a team, but by the sounds of things based on what he does, he seemed to have nailed it so it's definitely a big loss in my eyes in regards to SP as a studio, similar to Hennig leaving Naughty Dog but then again that's one studio that shits gold from every position.

Now here's the real list of shame, for the spoilers thread. Crown king is rather familiar.

iPWdzUzrgWkxX.png

i5E2WtheLE3h2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpfPmvG6CHI&t=39s

Yes, I'm still furiously jealous.

3rd place is not that bad. Confirmed not to be the most shameful, yay!

That's fine for you to think so, but with Infamous, Infamous 2, and the Sly Cooper series, Sucker Punch was already elite.

Hell, Media Molecule has only released three games, and one was for Vita, and the other two are the same series.

I love LittleBigPlanet, but to include Media Molecule among the Sony elite, but not Sucker Punch is ridiculous.
Not really, LBP sold and was rated considerably better than SP's previous games. This is where people will say "I prefer one game over the other". Media Molecule is the highest rated 1st party studio under WWS, ahead of Naughty Dog. They just created one of the best Vita games with 15 fucking people. You make like Sucker Punch's game more, but MM have more pedigree. They may not be your cup of tea and you may prefer Sucker Punch more, but that doesn't change that one studio right now is seen as the bigger one (not in terms of how many people work there).

#inbeforeihatefloatyplatformers

I don't know what your definition of elite is here but if it's top 50 studios then yeah I guess so. However when we get to absolute top class world class studios, they definitely aren't there. That may change with this game, but I'd still wait to see for the next one to have 2 games as a point of reference.

Dragun619

Haven't been following this game much but does this release on friday? While looking for FFX HD, saw it out already in Target and Walmart. Made me go, Huh.

Probably guessing the register won't ring it up until Friday tho.

DNAbro

Well media molecule also has way less games out to bring that average down but whatever. Not trying to hate.

Anyways, has more of the soundtrack come out yet? I really want to listen to the full thing.

Well media molecule also has way less games out to bring that average down but whatever. Not trying to hate.

Anyways, has more of the soundtrack come out yet? I really want to listen to the full thing.
I agree and it's going to go down this generation. However other than the absolute shit show in terms of sales from Tearaway, they've nailed hype, quality and sales overall from all 3 games. Just checked wiki, they only have 47 people? MotherofGod.gif at what they've done with so little, that has to be old content :S

I'm still curious if Cole's DLC is coming out on friday or not, need to know if I can buy it online. I also wonder if it's best to play DLC first or finish the game first. I wish SP would have cleared this up..

I disagree. The top of the cream for Sony is Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Polyphony Digital & Santa Monica Studios. Whether Sucker Punch reaches this stage now is another story, but I a bit worried with the ex-Bungie member leaving after the game released. :(

I would not put MM up there if SP isn't there, but that's just me.

I keep lurking on the 2014 screenshots thread. I seriously cannot get enough. Part of me thought they would release early. :(

Theecliff

Banned
Finally got hold of a PS4!
Knack bundle was the only bundle available though :p

1Lhda20.jpg

So bootiful

Now that I've finally got my hands on the console, I'm gonna go ahead and preorder the Second Son Special Edition. My new PS4 is ready for some next gen superhero sexiness.

Knack bundle was the only one available.
1Lhda20

So bootiful

Now that I've finally got my hands on the console, I'm gonna go ahead and finally preorder the Second Son Special Edition. My new PS4 is ready for some next gen superhero sexiness.

Congrats man! Welcome to the Playstation Nation!

Knack bundle was the only one available.

1Lhda20.jpg

So bootiful

Now that I've finally got my hands on the console, I'm gonna go ahead and finally preorder the Second Son Special Edition. My new PS4 is ready for some next gen superhero sexiness.

Hey, don't sleep on Knack man. Pop the difficulty on Hard and enjoy. It is not the pile of shit people make it out to be. It is just simple.

DNAbro

Found the full soundtrack on youtube. At least it's suposedly the full soundtrack, the preview was over 30 minutes and this vid is 1 hour 15 min.

Theecliff

Banned
Congrats man! Welcome to the Playstation Nation!
Haha, thanks man!

Hey, don't sleep on Knack man. Pop the difficulty on Hard and enjoy. It is not the pile of shit people make it out to be. It is just simple.
Tried the first few chapters out just before. Even on normal I'm struggling :p I can't remember the last time I've played a game like this. I'm not totally enamoured yet, but seems like it could be some fun. Also tried Resogun - I was pretty poor at it but man that game is pretty! Knack ain't too shabby looking either - it's amazing how much better games can look with a clean IQ, especially after playing on the PS3 exclusively for so long.

Second Son is going to be the perfect game to kickstart my generation, though. Can't wait.

Whoa anyone preordered from Best Buy with express shipping? I got notification that my copy has shipped and will arrive tomorrow o_O Really hope its true...

Hot damn so good^

I really like the SubPop and SeattleMusicFestival stuff around there. Quick yes or no answer to those who've played it: Is there any original music from bands/artists like in the game?

Jigolo

Looked at this GIF over and over trying to see if there were any spoilers. I don't think there is but correct me if I'm wrong so I edit it.

iFomudsmmy1QE.gif

Panthers

Haha, thanks man!

Tried the first few chapters out just before. Even on normal I'm struggling :p I can't remember the last time I've played a game like this. I'm not totally enamoured yet, but seems like it could be some fun. Also tried Resogun - I was pretty poor at it but man that game is pretty! Knack ain't too shabby looking either - it's amazing how much better games can look with a clean IQ, especially after playing on the PS3 exclusively for so long.

Second Son is going to be the perfect game to kickstart my generation, though. Can't wait.

Just wait till you try to use the Dualshock 3 again. It will make you realize how great the DS4 is, or at least it did for me. I didn't touch my DS3 for a month after getting PS4, and when I did I was in shock how much worse it was.

Cfh123

How difficult is the combat in this game?

Or put differently, would this be an ok game for a crusty older gamer with rapidly dwindling reflexes?

The visual spectacle appeals to me.

Zabka

Looked at this GIF over and over trying to see if there were any spoilers. I don't think there is but correct me if I'm wrong so I edit it.

iFomudsmmy1QE.gif

That looks fantastic.

You're doing a better job marketing than Sony's done for the past 3 months.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Knack bundle was the only bundle available though :p

1Lhda20.jpg

So bootiful

Now that I've finally got my hands on the console, I'm gonna go ahead and preorder the Second Son Special Edition. My new PS4 is ready for some next gen superhero sexiness.

oooh a Lamy Vista pen, nice. is it a fountain pen?

iFomudsmmy1QE.gif

Fantastic animation work coming from this game. Those particles! The AA! The reflections! The lighting!

Infamous is all about looking good while blowing shit up or taking down enemies. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Just 2 more sleeps.

HardRojo

iFomudsmmy1QE.gif

I'm getting a new phone and then a PS4 just for this game, my wallet is gonna be in so much pain Wii U and XBO will have to wait till either late this year or early 2015.

How difficult is the combat in this game?

Or put differently, would this be an ok game for a crusty older gamer with rapidly dwindling reflexes?

The visual spectacle appeals to me.

It gets pretty hard sometimes on normal, you should pop that sucker on easy and be OK. Sometimes you do have to react pretty fast because of some of the enemy types.

Because as good, subduing enemies is how you build your streak.

Lol yeah I was messin with ya. When you play good you have to shoot both their legs to subdue them, if you hit their head you lose your streak. As a bad guy its all about going on a rampage and killing someone else before the karma bomb times out.

So playing good is all about precision, accuracy, and minimizing collateral damage and evil is about going on a reckless killing spree as fast as you can.

Top Bottom