• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Radec

Man, this game should have a new game+ and changing time after game completion.

The things that ill do to this city..

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I second this, being evil is great. I probably used my karma bomb less than 10 times in my good playthrough but playing evil is fantastic, way less chances to lose your combo.

Edit: Not to say that being good sucks, it's just way more challenging and I think that's a good thing. It should be easier to be evil than to be good and the game understands this.

You have to hit both feet in order to subdue an enemy with the neon beam as opposed to the 1 headshot evil kill for example, as you can see in the above gif.

It should always be this way. Being good is about restraint. I'm glad the game embodies this.

cdkee

Banned
Question for those who have finished the game:

Have you found a way to change the weather? Or is sunny the only choice?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
ugh, soundtrack's only $10 people, these quick rips are gross

Honestly, This just put me over the edge in purchasing the game.
(Heresy, yeah?)
Haven't spent too much time looking at features or story, just saw the E3 trailer last year and thought "Maybe"

Now it's a yes.

velcry

Man, this game should have a new game+ and changing time after game completion.

The things that ill do to this city..

That was one thing I'd wished they had implemented for Infamous 2 as well.

After I finished either ending, I found myself in the city with a full set of unlocked powers but nothing further to accomplish with it. I would have gladly paid for DLC which allowed enemy forces to recapture parts of the city so that you could continue to have fun with the game mechanics.

Shin-Ra

Looked at this GIF over and over trying to see if there were any spoilers. I don't think there is but correct me if I'm wrong so I edit it.

iFomudsmmy1QE.gif
Oh yes, that's how you use the neon aiming slow-mo.

The problem is that it's not actually challenging, it's irritating. I tried every non-lethal option in the powers available and not even once did I come away from an encounter feeling like I accomplished something special, I instead felt I had jumped through hoops to maintain karma.

Totally opposite for me, I never found myself frustrated trying to subdue enemies, I just played a bit differently. Neon helps out big time in this regard, I found it so satisfying taking out both legs and subduing.

The problem is that it's not actually challenging, it's irritating. I tried every non-lethal option in the powers available and not even once did I come away from an encounter feeling like I accomplished something special, I instead felt I had jumped through hoops to maintain karma.

You disconnected from the world then.

Its the same way I see people trying the old games for the first time, playing "good characters" and blowing up cars and shit around civilians.

If you're going to be good then you play more carefully - in the older games powers would evolve to help you with this - good powers gave you back health or stunned enemies longer making a conservative approach easier.

If you want to go destructive and this type of thing sounds like a chore, then you should really play bad karma, don't think of it is as villain, its more anti-hero. You can literally do whatever you want in gameplay then with no consequences.

I guess I just don't get this mindset, of course you have to jump through hoops to maintain karma thats the point of the designed play style. What would qualify as something special? I can't think of any other way to be stop crime and not kill people other than traditional restraints, should he sit all of the drug dealers down and have a support group?

I guess I just don't get this mindset, of course you have to jump through hoops to maintain karma thats the point of the designed play style. What would qualify as something special? I can't think of any other way to be stop crime and not kill people other than traditional restraints, should he sit all of the drug dealers down and have a support group?

he gives them all beanies and tells them its going to be ok

N30RYU

Will be today, with only two days left untill release, that sony will tell us the digital price of the game in the EU Store? Let's hope so...

hwateber

while I understand and appreciate the desire to lock the FPS at 30, once you start wall running in neon you're going to change your mind. That high FPS goodness when you have nothing but the building to render is sooo worth it.

That said, I didn't think any power would top the coolness of neon but I just got the third one and holy shit

MavFan619

Banned
Anyone else tired of waiting?

Yeah ... I'm tired of waiting. I am in pure WANT mode now ... no more photos .. no more awesome gifs ... just give me the damn game!

now to go to bed tonight wrapped in infamous screenshot printouts.
This waiting sucks but I can't lie the pretty pictures are helping.

Hydrargyrus

For those who already have Infamous:SS and have played the two previous inFamous: In which place do you list ISS compared with the others? (globally, not only the graphics)

For those who already have Infamous:SS and have played the two previous inFamous: In which place do you list ISS compared with the others? (globally, not only the graphics)

inFamous<<<<< inFamous 2 <<<<<<<<<< inFamous SS

imo, inFamous Second Son is twice as good as inFamous 2 which is twice as good as inFamous. They are just building on the pre-established formula and really knocked it out of the park with this one.

FMbarbarian

I am a huge fan of the series. Second Son is the best of the three games and I'm surprised how easily it does it.

Theecliff

Banned
oooh a Lamy Vista pen, nice. is it a fountain pen?
Haha, knew someone was going to mention that! When I was trying to take the picture I realised there was a sticker near the top with some personal info on, so I quickly covered it with stuff that was sitting by the side of the box. And nope, rollerball :p

Hydrargyrus

inFamous<<<<< inFamous 2 <<<<<<<<<< inFamous SS

imo, inFamous Second Son is twice as good as inFamous 2 which is twice as good as inFamous. They are just building on the pre-established formula and really knocked it out of the park with this one.

I am a huge fan of the series. Second Son is the best of the three games and I'm surprised how easily it does it.

Second Son is the best one in the series by a big margin in my opinion.

Oooooooh god!
Thank you for your opinions. I'm overhyped right now.

I can't see the moment that I'll pick my copy this friday. I really enjoyed the previous inFamous, but if this is better than those... I'm speechless

Alienous

Is that how it's supposed to be used? I thought it worked like a greater than or less than sign.

Uncharted 2 is better than Uncharted 3 would be UC2 > UC3 for example.

No, you can use it that way, but '>' rather than '<' optimizes it for reading from left to right. It took me like an extra 3 seconds to get what you were saying.

Sorry, I just thought it was interesting that you listed them that way.

No, you can use it that way, but '>' rather than '<' optimizes it for reading from left to right. It took me like an extra 3 seconds to get what you were saying.

Sorry, I just thought it was interesting that you listed them that way.

Oh I gotcha man no worries, I'm pretty sure i learned that in kindergarten but it's late haha

Ascenion

God damn, the soundtrack is fucking amaze

Downloaded the whole thing off iTunes yesterday and oh my God yes it is! No idea who "Brain" is but he outdid himself on this and Infamous 2. Prefer Jim Dooley to this Marc Canham guy though.

BigDug13

I actually like this series better than anything Naughty Dog did last gen, so I'm glad this is a huge improvement on what I already loved. Man I can't wait!!

Top Bottom