• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

b0neshank

Banned
I took the test 3 times and answered it completely different each time and got Masonry each time. I think it is based off my Bday or something.

Sucker Punch was already an elite Sony team. They waved to Insomniac as Insomniac stumbled out.
I disagree. The top of the cream for Sony is Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Polyphony Digital & Santa Monica Studios. Whether Sucker Punch reaches this stage now is another story, but I a bit worried with the ex-Bungie member leaving after the game released. :(

Why did I think Infamous SS was releasing today?! I was so disappointed when I went to Ebgames, paid the game off, then the associate said "see you this Friday!".

Squalor

I disagree. The top of the cream for Sony is Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Polyphony Digital & Santa Monica Studios. Whether Sucker Punch reaches this stage now is another story, but I a bit worried with the ex-Bungie member leaving after the game released. :(
That's fine for you to think so, but with Infamous, Infamous 2, and the Sly Cooper series, Sucker Punch was already elite.

Hell, Media Molecule has only released three games, and one was for Vita, and the other two are the same series.

I love LittleBigPlanet, but to include Media Molecule among the Sony elite, but not Sucker Punch is ridiculous.

DNAbro

One person does a team not make. Sucker Punch is a personal favorite sony developer for me and are at least on the same level as Santa Monica and Media Molecule.

Cyberia

Live Q&A:

BjCr2nECIAAwFmh.png:large

https://www.facebook.com/infamous/p...1439862/259459834235768/?type=1&stream_ref=10

Maybe people are just excited for a next-gen Infamous that looks incredible?

Absolutely. But there wouldn't be this much excitement if it weren't for the fact that inFamous should be the first high quality PS4 release in months and that it should be the PS4's best AAA exclusive thus far by a large margin.

The same can be said for Titanfall and the Xbox One. These are two big games that are even bigger because of what limited quality has preceded them on these platforms due to their infancy. It's not a knock on either game, it's just the reality of the situation.

Cole's Legacy will never be available unless you buy the special/collector's edition?

Fuckin' lame, Sony. The basic game is already £50 over here ffs.

Of course we're excited for Infamous but let's not start acting like Ps4 has no games again.

No games? Of course not. No new, quality games? I think that was an apt assessment for both consoles until Titanfall and inFamous released. Tomb Raider was the last high quality release, at least for AAA games, and it was a "definitive edition" of a game a lot of people had already played last year.

I didn't intend for my comment to be a slight. I'm simply pointing out that games like Titanfall and inFamous are getting even more attention from the hardcore base than they would otherwise due to releasing early this gen, that's all.

Even with all my complaints, all those direct-feed screenshots have made me wanna buy a PS4 and play the hell out of this game. Too bad nothing else exclusive is coming out on the platform for a long while :( (my wallet is crying tears of joy right now).

HORRORSHØW

Cole's Legacy will never be available unless you buy the special/collector's edition?

i thought it came with all first-press copies (which are being referred to as "limited"), regardless if it's regular or collector's edition?

Is this a problem only in Europe? In the states I got my early copy of the regular edition and I have the code.

Grimløck;104907554 said:
i thought it came with all first-press copies (which are being referred to as "limited"), regardless if it's regular or collector's edition?

Amazon UK Product Descriptions and Comment sections imply that it's only with SE/CE, and Sony have apparently said that it'll never be available as purchasable DLC

Pop

Even with all my complaints, all those direct-feed screenshots have made me wanna buy a PS4 and play the hell out of this game. Too bad nothing else exclusive is coming out on the platform for a long while :( (my wallet is crying tears of joy right now).

MLB 14 The Show is out in May

Cyberia

One of my favorite parts of the development was getting to work with the awesome FX artists at Sucker Punch. I'd come in with an idea for a power, they'd say "hmm, that's impossible". Then like an hour later I'd come back and they'd say "ok I did it".

Yes, and the way you play (good or evil) will completely change the way Smoke feels to play.

It's fun, and tough.:p It was really cool to start with new power sources and the new ideas the allowed us to explore. Creating new powers and gameplay is my favorite thing to do, so this project was a blast to work on.

On how long it did take them to create, draw and then put the final power ideas into the game:

We started working on them from the very beginning of development tow and a half years ago, and continued all the way to the end!

Namikaze1

I don't mind people posting up screenshots but can you please not post up shots some may consider to spoilerish. For the record, it's the first pic in this page with the
D.U.P. building/HQ/whatever it is
that bothers me.

spoonman

Banned
I've actually never played a game in this series despite owning a Playstation 3 since launch (sold it a few years ago when I became more of a PC gamer).

Honestly, I would suggest buying a PS3 again. They are about the cost of a few PS4 games now. Then play though inFAMOUS 2, The Last of Us, GTA V, and Demon Souls 2. Those are must play games.

If you are a PSN Plus member it's really a no brained to keep a PS3 handy for all of the free games they give you.

Maybe people are just excited for a next-gen Infamous that looks incredible?

This.

I think Sony let Konami have today for themselves with the release of MGSV and decided to release Infamous on its own Friday. And hey, its officially spring friday! Come to me precious spring!

spoonman

Banned

I'm not sure about other regions, but according to Amazon in the US it has it included. You may want to grab a US copy if it's region free.

Limited Run!

Providing more for the same price as the regular retail copy of inFAMOUS Second Son, the Limited Edition packs additional in-game missions that reveal more about the events leading up to Delsin’s story. Completing these added missions will unlock an exclusive in-game jacket designed in honor of Cole MacGrath!

Limited Edition Contents

Unlock Cole’s Jacket for Delsin to wear in the Bonus Exclusive Downloadable Content, Cole’s Legacy:

Uncover what happened between the devastating events of inFAMOUS 2 and inFAMOUS Second Son in Cole’s Legacy.

Cole MacGrath’s actions in New Marias set in motion a chain of events leading to the now forceful occupation of Seattle by the oppressive Department of Unified Protection. Cole’s Legacy bridges the gap in time with a series of missions Delsin Rowe must complete that reveal unique insights into how the world of inFAMOUS Second Son came to be.

Key Features

A New Origin Story: Step into an open world adventure that offers a realistic take on being superhuman
Choice and Consequence: Witness how the city, the people you encounter, and even the story itself is all affected by the actions you take
Control Multiple Powers: Draw powers out from other superhumans, creating your own set of distinct powers to use as you see fit
Freely Explore the City of Seattle featuring highly detailed environments, realistic weather, reflections, shadows and lighting

Top Bottom