• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

McBryBry

Sadly, the Gamestops in my area aren't doing a midnight, so I'm going to have to wait until after classes Friday to pick it up, instead of going after work Thursday night. Sad times.......but it SHALL BE MINE.

Well I personally don't expect release day, but also hate friday release dates (mail service doesn't operate on Saturday and Sundays over here). I preordered when there was no release date set.

Anyways, the reason I preordered online, I got a killer price. $45 including taxes. And it's not as big an issue for me, as what I will do if it looks like the game won't be arriving on Friday, I'll just go out to the retail store and buy one. Return the online copy when it arrives, to the store.

I'm in the exact same situation as you, $40+tax, waiting for my copy to come from Richmond BC. It was on the move at midnight of the 18th so I'm fairly confident I'll get it Friday.

Effect

Anything on game length? Replayability outside of Good/Evil? Collectibles?

Want to get this and likely will be my first retail PS4 game when I pick up the PS4. However might be the only retail game for a while and would like for it to last a while.

Aces&Eights

Screw scores. All I know is I loved the last two games and FoB. Plat'd them both. I am more excited for this game than any other game that has come out or is coming out in the near future. Game is fully paid for at GS and I have taken Monday off from work. Picking it up on my lunch Friday and will have to work the longest 4 hours ever at my job. Once I get home I'm ordering stuff crust pizza and sitting in my recliner for the next 3 days playing this baby on my LED Sammy with my Pulse Elites.

Bachelor FTW.

Squalor

Anything on game length? Replayability outside of Good/Evil? Collectibles?

Want to get this and likely will be my first retail PS4 game when I pick up the PS4. However might be the only retail game for a while and would like for it to last a while.
You can get through the story in ten hours.

With all the side missions included, you can get up to fifteen. If you're the kind of gamer who takes his time and does a lot of exploration outside the story and side missions, you could easily get up to twenty hours for one play-through.

Still, you can get the Platinum within twenty-five hours.

I have a feeling it will score within 2 points of Titanfall in either direction on Metacritic. Which is kind of fun since these are the two biggest exclusives of the year going head to head.

Titanfall has a Meta score of 86. So, I think Infamous will score between 84 and 88. If I had to choose just one number, I'll go with 85...1 point below Titanfall so that XB1 players can boast that their exclusive is "objectively" better ;)

Yup, I'm personally leaning towards 85. I'll be incredibly surprised if Reviewers actually rate it above Titanfall.

How come they didn't bring back the player created missions from Infamous 2?

As far as I know, they are not in this.
Probably because it was a waste of resources. That's just my opinion, though!

In all seriousness they probably saw it as more trouble than it was worth. Limited time/budget plus developing for a new console probably led them to scrap the feature for aspects of the game that they saw as more important.

Did you guys notice this under the what's new tab?

1149452_10203456232430523_1950910501_o.jpg

it wont do anything when you click it.

You can get through the story in ten hours.

With all the side missions included, you can get up to fifteen. If you're the kind of gamer who takes his time and does a lot of exploration outside the story and side missions, you could easily get up to twenty hours for one play-through.

Still, you can get the Platinum within twenty-five hours.

any mini games? (Just a yes or no would suffice)

can you change your clothes?

That's a little short to pay sticker price for me.

I always felt that the Infamous games were wide linear/ semi open games disguised as open world games since they didnt really have all the trappings of a true open world game. (i.e clothes changing, mini games, large maps, 20+ gameplay hours).

I wish they would make it truly open world sometimes. 10-12 is quite short for an open world game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yup. The PSN preorder will include the Cole's Legacy DLC and the bonus vests as long as you buy the digital version before 3/21.

It's such damn BS that we have to pay extra for that stuff here in Europe. I mean, I'm used to games being hella more expensive here than in NA overall, but giving away additional content to people on one continent while charging the rest of us for it? Really shitty, Sony.

Jesb

The added DLC eases paying $70 for this at least a little. I was almost going to pass on this since prices have conveniently gone up here in Canada by $10, but said **** it. This is the game that got me to buy a PS4 at launch, so I decided to make an exception.

Aesius

I just got bait and switched at Gamestop on my preorder.

I checked their website for trade-in prices, and it said I could get $32.50 for AC: IV (PS4) and $23 for GTA V, but also an extra 30% if I traded them in towards Infamous: SS. (Best Buy was offering $40 and $28 respectively, but it's a long drive from my apartment).

So I walked over there to trade them in, only to find out that those trade in values are with the 30% already included. WTF?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh this is out this friday in europe? I thought it was next week. Guess I just found my self birthday present then

I just got bait and switched at Gamestop on my preorder.

I checked their website for trade-in prices, and it said I could get $32.50 for AC: IV (PS4) and $23 for GTA V, but also an extra 30% if I traded them in towards Infamous: SS. (Best Buy was offering $40 and $28 respectively, but it's a long drive from my apartment).

So I walked over there to trade them in, only to find out that those trade in values are with the 30% already included. WTF?

That happened to me with Titanfall. I traded in Ryse and after arguing with the clerk for 5 min, I found out by the manager that the 30% is already included. BULLSHIT.

Aesius

That happened to me with Titanfall. I traded in Ryse and after arguing with the clerk for 5 min, I found out by the manager that the 30% is already included. BULLSHIT.

Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous. That means anyone who trades those games for anything other than the 5 games in the promo gets 30% LESS than what their website shows.

I wish I had told them to fuck off and taken my games to Best Buy to trade, but it's a 25 minute drive and probably wouldn't have been worth it. At least Gamestop is a 2 minute walk from my apt, but still. Utter, utter bullshit on their part.

Brandwin

Screw scores. All I know is I loved the last two games and FoB. Plat'd them both. I am more excited for this game than any other game that has come out or is coming out in the near future. Game is fully paid for at GS and I have taken Monday off from work. Picking it up on my lunch Friday and will have to work the longest 4 hours ever at my job. Once I get home I'm ordering stuff crust pizza and sitting in my recliner for the next 3 days playing this baby on my LED Sammy with my Pulse Elites.

Bachelor FTW.
Married man with two kids FTL!

I actually never played the first two, but I am pretty excited to play Second Son.

hydruxo

I've seen all I need to see, and I've never even played an Infamous game before. Game looks and sounds like it'll be right up my alley. Reviews on this are pretty irrelevant personally, but the positive love from Gaffers has definitely increased the hype.

Shit, I can get $40 from Best Buy for my PS4 Black Flag? I gotta beat that game and get it traded in.

BigDug13

No tax on digital it seems. So I saved around $5 by canceling my Amazon order and preordering on PSN. Worth it to start the download at midnight to be ready for first thing in the morning.

This will be my first AAA day 1 digital purchase on a console ever. That's how much I love this series.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
KZ: SF was the first one I enjoyed, and Mercenaries might be the objective best.

I've enjoyed all the Killzone's so far. I'd have to rank them (from favorite to least favorite):

1) Killzone 2
2) Killzone: Mercenary
3) Killzone: Shadowfall
4) Killzone: Liberation
5) Killzone 3
6) Killzone 1

I really liked Shadowfall, but I had recently finished Mercenary prior, and I felt that Mercenary felt more like a "traditional" Killzone game, while Shadowfall felt like a Killzone game that was trying to appeal to non-Killzone fans. I think it's a shame when developers get influenced by complainers on message boards, but I felt Killzone 2 was the definitive Killzone experience, and the titles that came after it were them trying to capture a market that will never like a Killzone game, no matter how polished or fun it was. Shadowfall had some great stuff in it, some great gameplay mechanics (I really liked the O.W.L.), but it didn't really quite feel like Killzone.

Back on topic:

As for inFAMOUS, I've loved all of the titles released in the series so far. It is probably hands down my favorite new IP of last generation, with Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet probably coming in next. Second Son is my most anticipated PlayStation 4 title of this year, if not my most anticipated title of this year. After I get SS, any games that release after that are just bonuses. The wait isn't as brutal as I was expecting it to be, though, to be honest. I'm excited as fuck, but Friday will be here before you know it. Unfortunately, I'm stuck doing OT this week, and I'm insanely convinced that the guys up in Canada have us doing OT because they're huge Xbox fans, and they know us guys in the LA office are PlayStation fans, and excited about inFAMOUS this weekend (that's not an exaggeration; the developers up in our Canada office are huge Xbox fanboys, so they've been going on and on about Titanfall and the Xbox ONE, whereas me and guys down here are huge PlayStation fanboys, and have been going on and on about inFAMOUS: SS during our meetings. Lol.) We're currently working on getting our new game into beta, so we're hitting it hard with OT this week, of all weeks. We may even have to do weekend overtime, which will severely cut into my inFAMOUS playtime, so I'm more than just a little annoyed.

I'm convinced they scheduled this OT on purpose, since they just dropped it on us Monday.../conspiracy theory

Man I'm really torn about getting this day 1 vs saving my money and getting Reaper of Souls instead. I love both franchises, but i'm strapped for cash this semester >____<
Is that Cole pre order dlc going to be available to buy on PSN

In the US, it's not cheaper. I doubt it's any cheaper in the UK.

It's a real shame it's not cheaper. That would make switching to digital more compelling.

going digital was cheaper for me..

Physical - $74 with taxes and release day shipping using Amazon.com
Digital - $59.99 and i qualify for the $10 promotional credit

DirtyLarry

Bachelor FTW.
And here I am excited because I hopefully get to play 2 hours on Friday night since my wife is meeting some friends for dinner.
I should hopefully have it beat by the middle of April even if it is only 15 hours long.

Ascenion

Just gonna put this out here because I just did it. Gamestop has the CE available for pre-order again online and depending on your patience, with the coupon code PAYPAL15, you get 15% off making it $67.99 before tax and shipping. With those added in it ended up being $84(Shipping: $11, Tax NC: $5.73) for me but that is still a dollar less than if I had bought it somewhere else. With the CE kinda sold out everywhere else and the love of the beanie here I though you guys would like to know.

Aesius

Dammit. I would have been so much better off just trading my games to Best Buy and buying $60 in PSN gift cards, and then get a digital copy.

Fuck Gamestop.

Top Bottom