• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

todd360

All PS4 games run off the HDD (disc games are fully copied there), so that's a non-argument.

I thought that only a portion was copied there and the hard drive like caches the whole file size of the game but didn't actually copy the entire game. Or something like that.

This feels unclear so I guess I would describe it as the hard drive acts as though 50gb is installed on it but actually only copied 25gb for example.

Can anyone explain this? I could be very wrong about this.

tanod

when is my burrito
Until digital can replicate the smell of freshly opened game box, I will never go digital.

Wait until you have kids. I haven't bought a new physical game since Lego Batman 2 for $15 in December 2012.

All digital or rental since then.

Jolkien

I thought that only a portion was copied there and the hard drive like caches the whole file size of the game but didn't actually copy the entire game. Or something like that.

This feels unclear so I guess I would describe it as the hard drive acts as though 50gb is installed on it but actually only copied 25gb for example.

Can anyone explain this? I could be very wrong about this.

The ps4 copies the whole disc content locally on the hard drive, no matter the game. inFamous digital will be 24 GB on your machine whether it's retail or digital.

-griffy-

Banned
Then why does the disc continue to spin loudly when playing a game?

It shouldn't. When I play a disc game it spins up at the beginning but dies down almost immediately. The only noise I hear after that is the cooling fan. No disc noise. Are you sure you're not mistaking the noise of the cooling fan for the noise of the disc drive?

Trevelyon

Any indications on the initial download buffer until PlayGo kicks in and you can get started? If ACIV was any indication, thinking 3-4GB?

Have there really been no leaked reviews? Not that I care for reviews. I already have my copy ordered and paid. Just surprised that there have not been the usual review leak or two

Physical all the way. Keep the beanie, sell the game once I've played it to death and got the plat.

And downloading 24GB of game puts a big dent in my monthly bandwidth.

todd360

It shouldn't. When I play a disc game it spins up at the beginning but dies down almost immediately. The only noise I hear after that is the cooling fan. No disc noise. Are you sure you're not mistaking the noise of the cooling fan for the noise of the disc drive?

I must have mistaken it for the fan noise like you said.

Dinjooh

Wait until you have kids. I haven't bought a new physical game since Lego Batman 2 for $15 in December 2012.

All digital or rental since then.

No worries, i've already discussed names with the misses.

She suggested 'Ellie' and I just smirked and agreed with her. Little does she know I only approve because of TloU, evillaugh.

Not sure why the kids would make me go digital though?

I smoke dashed into a vent that shoots you up, and I flew into a seagull, lol. Here's a GIF of it. I'm linking it because
I have on one of the vests you get from clearing a district, in case someone doesn't want to see what one looks like.
http://i.minus.com/ibs4UA9p2l0BPr.gif
Spoiler this part. I didn't even know that you could
change clothes. :/
I was really trying to go into this as blindly as possible.

Edit: Vini you fool.

HORRORSHØW

wow. my amazon pre-order got pushed back to tuesday (25th) estimated delivery. and yes, i'm a prime member. i'm a little disappointed b/c i always get games on release day from them.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Spoiler this part. I didn't even know that you could
change clothes. :/
I was really trying to go into this as blindly as possible.

Edit: Vini you fool.

Sorry, I thought people would have known since there's a pre-order bonus with different vests.

Vini

Banned
Yeah, sorry. Just annoyed. I know it's only a vest, but it's partially what makes it exciting. Especially frustrating when people don't read the thread rules, or other people's posts.

Sorry Vini, I am just a little annoyed.

All good, I should've read the post. BTW this community is amazing. I don't think I've been on a better forum.

Anyway, back to Infamous talk.

Sorry, I thought people would have known since there's a pre-order bonus
with different vests.
Omg dude.

Regardless of preorder bonuses,
I didn't know you got different vests for completing different districts. That's completely new info and I would have loved to have experienced that firsthand.

One of the pre-order bonuses is new vests created by Seattle artists, not exactly a secret or a big deal.
See above.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Omg dude.

Regardless,
I didn't know you got different vests for completing different districts. That's completely new info and I would have loved to have first experienced that firsthand.

Yeah, I shouldn't have mentioned how you get them, but I'm not spoiler tagging something that's a pre-order bonus, come on.

Top Bottom