• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They're still selling digital games at retail prices.

It's not really cheaper.

It is when you're not being charged taxes. Unless you are talking about the reduction in cost from being able to trade your game in. Then yes, at that point you are "paying more. . ."

So despite going digital, I'll be getting that Beanie after all. Gave my friend 20 bucks in exchange for upgrading his psychical preorder to the Special Edition. I get the Beanie and other knickknacks. He gets the game and DLC (which I get through my preorder).

So, I'm ready for Friday!

Squalor

What's preload, guys?
You can download a game before it launches. It will download in the background while your system is on. Steam allows this. You won't be able to play the game until its launch day, but you'll at least have it downloaded before then. That helps the PSN servers a lot. I think Sony is also adding remote download.
Is that what you think or what's actually happening?
That is what is happening. It was on the Sucker Punch Twitter.

Squalor

It is when you're not being charged taxes. Unless you are talking about the reduction in cost from being able to trade your game in. Then yes, at that point you are "paying more. . ."
That's a separate issue. The game itself is still sold at retail.

If you want to be really pedantic, I would say online is still more expensive because you have to have an Internet connection, so go ahead and add the cost of Internet to the price of purchasing the game on PSN.

SeanR1221

I traded in AC4 at GameStop, and I only paid $26 dollars for Infamous SS.

I got South Park for 48.00 from best buy. I also got a 10.00 gift card for pre ordering. I then beat South Park and traded it in for 44.00. Best buy paid me to play the game. It's all going to infamous.

213372bu

Banned
Wow! Just got my conduit testing thing in the mail. My reactions through the whole thing were amazing. I was expecting some bloodwork results and thought it was weird I got a diagnostic package in the mail. Overall, the things they send look really legit. The marketing team certainly did good with this, I thought it was pretty neat how they shipped it first class too.

Still torn between digital or retail version. On one hand I really want to cut down on physical space of my games and having it set to download at midnight would be nice, but I still feel like there may be some technical problems with it. Any chance of the digital version looking or running any worse? Also, does the digital version take up more space?

Squalor

Wow! Just got my conduit testing thing in the mail. My reactions through the whole thing were amazing. I was expecting some bloodwork results and thought it was weird I got a diagnostic package in the mail. Overall, the things they send look really legit. The marketing team certainly did good with this, I thought it was pretty neat how they shipped it first class too.
Hurry up and take the test and let us know what type you are.

You can download a game before it launches. It will download in the background while your system is on. Steam allows this. You won't be able to play the game until its launch day, but you'll at least have it downloaded before then. That helps the PSN servers a lot. I think Sony is also adding remote download.

Believe the game will download to your ps4 before release date, so on that day, you can play right away.

I appreciate the answer guys, but that's what I thought preload was... So how is it coming in April - well after the game's digital release?

Lemondish

It's going to be available on the PlayStation 4 in April for all games.

It has nothing to do with Second Son.

The second part of the tweet, though... does that apply to SS or all games in April?

I liked getting GZ at 1230 est. I'll stay up for infamous, but would have preferred to use those three hours playing.

BadAss2961

Someone, anyone, please beanify my avatar!

Thanks in advance!

f4w8moZ.jpg

todd360

I had a massive internal battle over buying this and metal gear in physical or digital. It twas a fight for the ages. The physical side of me said "Your cheap friends will want to borrow the game off you!". The digital side of me said "Games run better on hard drive!" and "You don't have to drive to the store and say you don't want to preorder anything a thousand times!"

Digital side won. I'm going all digital on ps4 (except for my physical copy of assassins creed 4 I guess). Still going physical for 3ds and vita though. I don't trust 3ds store and vita memory cards are to expensive.

Squalor

they were waiting for Dynasty Warriors 8: XL to drop.
The triple-A-est of all triple-A franchises.
The second part of the tweet, though... does that apply to SS or all games in April?

I liked getting GZ at 1230 est. I'll stay up for infamous, but would have preferred to use those three hours playing.
The second part is about Infamous. It will be available at midnight Pacific Standard Time (Sucker Punch's time zone), which is three a.m. Eastern.

Squalor

I had a massive internal battle over buying this and metal gear in physical or digital. It twas a fight for the ages. The physical side of me said "Your cheap friends will want to borrow the game off you!".
Your cheap friends can still "borrow" your digital versions.

Hellshy.

Can I please get a beanie from someone /
I know im late to the party, but just got my BioFrame Diagnostics kit in the mail. So Hyped.

nod-of-approval.gif

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I had a massive internal battle over buying this and metal gear in physical or digital. It twas a fight for the ages. The physical side of me said "Your cheap friends will want to borrow the game off you!". The digital side of me said "Games run better on hard drive!" and "You don't have to drive to the store and say you don't want to preorder anything a thousand times!"

Digital side won. I'm going all digital on ps4 (except for my physical copy of assassins creed 4 I guess). Still going physical for 3ds and vita though. I don't trust 3ds store and vita memory cards are to expensive.

All PS4 games run off the HDD (disc games are fully copied there), so that's a non-argument.

For me personally digital can never win as long as the games cost more or the same as physical discs. If I'm not getting a physical product in my hands it needs to cost less.

Your cheap friends can still "borrow" your digital versions.

Not really, though. They won't be able to play on their own accounts, you won't be able to use your account while they play, etc. (This is all assuming that your own PS4 is the main console for your account, which is likely to be the case.)

Dinjooh

All PS4 games run off the HDD (disc games are fully copied there), so that's a non-argument.

For me personally digital can never win as long as the games cost more or the same as physical discs. If I'm not getting a physical product in my hands it needs to cost less.

Not really, though. They won't be able to play on their own accounts, you won't be able to use your account while they play, etc. (This is all assuming that your own PS4 is the main console for your account, which is likely to be the case.)

Until digital can replicate the smell of freshly opened game box, I will never go digital.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Until digital can replicate the smell of freshly opened game box, I will never go digital.

Yeah, there's something about bringing home a fresh game from the store (or getting it in the mail), and then cracking it open for the first time, that downloading a digital copy just can't replicate.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Does anyone have the beanie yet? How is it? Is it Infamous-branded?

EDIT: Ok, just saw it says "Seattle 138". Is that all?

Top Bottom