• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

velcry

tumblr_lx3iivI7Vv1r2mc4o.gif

My first thought was, LOL, when did Luffy ever wear a skirt.

This game sucks. No one is even gonna buy it.

1/10 because Delsin doesn't have the power to make girls take off their shirt.

He no has dat $wagger power.

Methinks he needs more mountain dew and doritos.

vypek

I'm very excited to play this game. I rarely get this excited to play a game. My local gamestop is having a midnight launch party; definitely going to drive over and pick up my copy at 12AM

Qvoth

i've only watched the streams, but i think the lowest score this will get is 8, it would be absurd to get anything below

maneil99

i've only watched the streams, but i think the lowest score this will get is 8, it would be absurd to get anything below

Absurd to set a baseline based on a stream :p, I'm guessing 7's-9's = 79 Metacritic. Infamous will get panned on side quests

ref

Finally went out and preordered today, usually don't preorder stuff, but I really like the look of some of the pre order vests.

EB Games was out of CE's though, so had to settle with the standard, but that's all right!

Gaz_RB

Absurd to set a baseline based on a stream :p, I'm guessing 7's-9's = 79 Metacritic. Infamous will get panned on side quests

Have you played it?

And that wasn't meant to be the snarky kind of "have you played it". Genuinely interested to hear more about the sidequests.

Absolutely. But there wouldn't be this much excitement if it weren't for the fact that inFamous should be the first high quality PS4 release in months and that it should be the PS4's best AAA exclusive thus far by a large margin.

The same can be said for Titanfall and the Xbox One. These are two big games that are even bigger because of what limited quality has preceded them on these platforms due to their infancy. It's not a knock on either game, it's just the reality of the situation.

No games? Of course not. No new, quality games? I think that was an apt assessment for both consoles until Titanfall and inFamous released. Tomb Raider was the last high quality release, at least for AAA games, and it was a "definitive edition" of a game a lot of people had already played last year.

I didn't intend for my comment to be a slight. I'm simply pointing out that games like Titanfall and inFamous are getting even more attention from the hardcore base than they would otherwise due to releasing early this gen, that's all.

I don't known where you've been but there are new games every month since launch. I didn't play Tombraider and unless it sold 80,000,000 copies many others didn't wither so that is a AAA release. MGS released on Tues. come on now.

Squalor

Have you played it?

And that wasn't meant to be the snarky kind of "have you played it". Genuinely interested to hear more about the sidequests.
At times, they can still get a little repetitive, but there is more variety than in the first two games of the series.

Have you played it?

I've beaten it 100% and I must say that the sidequests are the worst part about this game. They're repetitive and not fun after a while.

N.Domixis

Banned
My predictions

IGN 9/10
Polygon 7/10
EGM 8/10
Gamespot 8/10
Giantbomb's 5/5
Rev3 4/5
Edge 7/10
IGN Norway 8/10
Videogamer 6/10
Gamereactor 9/10
Gamesradar 4/5
Joystiq 4/5
Gameinformer 9/10
Gameblog 4/5
Metro GameCentral 9/10
Gametrailers 9.1/10
Ausgamers 7/10
Vandal Online 8.9/10
Machinima 7.5/10
Jeux Video 19/20
Eurogamer 8/10
The Globe and Mail (Toronto) 7/10

Squalor

I've beaten it 100% and I must say that the sidequests are the worst part about this game. They're repetitive and not fun after a while.
Most of the time, completing side quests in games just feels like checking off a box.

"Okay, that's done. Now this. Then that. Then that."

Replicant

Fucking JB Hifi. I came today asking if I can pick mine and they said the release is not until tomorrow. That's the big diff? It's just one day earlier. *sigh* :/

Gaz_RB

Shucks. Guess most the focus went to the main storyline.

I'm not really surprised that the sidequests are disappointing though.

Skilletor

I haven't done many sidequests in the game. The story content is pretty meaty and fun.

I dunno, just running around exploring is actually fun in this. For me, the most important thing in an open world game is how fun it is to get around. I think this game has that nailed. And then, on top of that, I get these awesome powers with really cool abilities. That they're so cool makes me actually want to run around and explore and do missions because getting new powers is an excellent reward.

I'm about to get the 3rd power, so I'm not sure how far into the game I am, and I'm not really one to put a number or grade to an experience. All I can say is that i'm really having a lot of fun. The gameplay is great and open with how you approach it. The grahpics are amazeballs. The sound is awesome (I played with my headphones on last night and noticed a lot of little stuff I couldn't hear coming from my tv speakers).

I don't think the game is groundbreaking or innovative or whatever other buzzwords people feel like every game needs to be. It's a well crafted open-world super hero experience. I can't wait to get back to it, but unfortunately I have homework to do.

I haven't done many sidequests in the game. The story content is pretty meaty and fun.

I dunno, just running around exploring is actually fun in this. For me, the most important thing in an open world game is how fun it is to get around. I think this game has that nailed. And then, on top of that, I get these awesome powers with really cool abilities. That they're so cool makes me actually want to run around and explore and do missions because getting new powers is an excellent reward.

I'm about to get the 3rd power, so I'm not sure how far into the game I am, and I'm not really one to put a number or grade to an experience. All I can say is that i'm really having a lot of fun. The gameplay is great and open with how you approach it. The grahpics are amazeballs. The sound is awesome (I played with my headphones on last night and noticed a lot of little stuff I couldn't hear coming from my tv speakers).

I don't think the game is groundbreaking or innovative or whatever other buzzwords people feel like every game needs to be. It's a well crafted open-world super hero experience. I can't wait to get back to it, but unfortunately I have homework to do.

Once you get it, please post your reaction to the third power. I would love to see it ;)

sjay1994

You gotta think positive dude.

God damn, I want to be. But reviewers have been constantly criticizing second son, and I know they are going to trash the game.

I mean, the media was praising titanfall like it was the second coming of christ, and it has an 86 on metacritic.

I just don't understand reviews.

Squalor

Without naughty dog and MM, sony would not have any critically acclaimed games. Their first party's need to focus more on gameplay than graphics to earn higher scores.
Yeah, God of War III, Infamous, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, MLB, and Ratchet and Clank aren't critically acclaimed at all . . .

Squalor

Good lord, gamer mentality is so ridiculously warped. It's pathetic.

Any game with an 8 or higher average is a critically acclaimed game.

Top Bottom