• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

jayu26

Without naughty dog and MM, sony would not have any critically acclaimed games. Their first party's need to focus more on gameplay than graphics to earn higher scores.

You are on a role right now. From the Game Developers Choice Awards thread..

Sony is lucky they have naughty dog. They should close down guerrilla games and evolution to expand naughty dog into more teams.

Both Naughty Dog and Media Molecule became famous after Sony acquired them.

And just because you don't like Killzone or other Sony franchise does not mean that they are bad games and that others don't like them as well.

Squalor

Besides MLB, all those other games came out more than 4 years ago, since then its been mostly naughty dog, MLB team and MM.
If you think games over 80, but below 90 on Metacritic aren't "critically acclaimed," just stop playing video games.

Flower, Heavy Rain, Infamous 2, Killzone 3, PixelJunk, Resistance 2, Valkyria Chronicles, et cetera.

You're a bad troll.
Oh god 3 AM EST?! Damn. That's gonna be such a shitstorm for all the people who preordered digitally.

There's gonna be sooo many people trying to download it all at once.
Yeah, Sucker Punch went with their on time zone.

I think there could be fewer people at 12 PST than if they went with EST. Regardless, there will be a hell of a lot of people, and some are going to have a bad time trying to download it.

K' Dash

coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

Slixshot

Banned
Review predictions

IGN: 9.5
Gamespot: 9
Gametrailers: 9.1
Gameinformer: 9.3
Kotaku: Yes
PSNation: 10/10
Joystiq: 4.5/5
Eurogamer: 8/10
gamesradar: 4/5
GiantBomb: 4/5
Polygon: 2/10

:)

You guys shouldn't worry about review scores so much, if you enjoyed inFamous at all then you should enjoy this one more. The story is better, the gameplay is way better, the sound design is better, the graphics obviously better and the fun factor is greater. The only blemish on this game is its side missions, they really are lackluster, but when playing the game is so damn fun it doesn't matter.

A huge reason for wanting good reviews is because Infamous has always been overlooked because it wasn't a 90s metacritic game. Last gen, anything in the 80s was considered an average game.

Slixshot

Banned
You guys shouldn't worry about review scores so much, if you enjoyed inFamous at all then you should enjoy this one more. The story is better, the gameplay is way better, the sound design is better, the graphics obviously better and the fun factor is greater. The only blemish on this game is its side missions, they really are lackluster, but when playing the game is so damn fun it doesn't matter.

I'm buying the game regardless, but I love reviews :) Gives me something to argue about or agree with :p

PhatSaqs

Banned
A huge reason for wanting good reviews is because Infamous has always been overlooked because it wasn't a 90s metacritic game. Last gen, anything in the 80s was considered an average game.
I dont think you need to worry about it really. Just about anyone with a PS4 is probably picking up this game regardless.

OK that's fine, but people that overlook games because they aren't in the 90's are sad in the first place. This will probably not reach an above 90 metacritic score or hit 90. It will definitely end up below that in my opinion because there are many reviewers who look at the inFamous series differently, this won't change anyone's minds that much. It is an improvement int he gameplay department for sure, but I can definitely see if they knock the score down because of the side missions or the length of the main story.

I personally loved the game, one of my favorites of all time because of the joy I feel when using the powers and how much of a blast I have while playing the game.

The game isn't getting a significant number of 7s at all. They'll be 8s and 9s, mostly.

And the side missions aren't any worse than the first two games in the series.

So, that means it could get lower scores for not improving on that aspect over all these games.

reminds me of the one reviewer in gamespot that gave GTA5 a lower score because of its provacative messages.

It was a 9 out of 10, what more do you want? So she mentions the misogyny and other social issues with the game, but what do you care if she gives it a good score and a mostly positive review? Can't believe people are still uppity about any review that takes games seriously.

ClearData

Review predictions

IGN: 9.5
Gamespot: 9
Gametrailers: 9.1
Gameinformer: 9.3
Kotaku: Yes
PSNation: 10/10
Joystiq: 4.5/5
Eurogamer: 8/10
gamesradar: 4/5
GiantBomb: 4/5
Polygon: 2/10

:)

Damn you got the Polygon score down to a T. Have they ever loved a Sony game? Last of Us got a 7.5 and that game is still winning GOTY awards to this day. smh

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Actually I expect this game to be Polygon's first negative value review.

-1/10

- graphics too sharp
- lacks Titans
- lack cloud support
- lacks 750,000 dollar investment.

I lawled.

fucking psyyyyyyched... gotta call my local shop and make sure they are doing a midnight release....

hydruxo

It beautiful & I like the mp, I'm still struggling through the campaign though. It's kinda boring.

The story jumped around too much. Really cool environments and everything but the objective markers were hard to follow and you'd get lost way too often. I enjoyed parts of it though.

So uh, I haven't really done any game preorders in a really long time but with Amazon Prime you have to pay one-day shipping ($4 more) for release-day delivery? I certainly don't remember paying that for my release day PS4...

If I really do have to pay an extra $4 I'm definitely just preordering this off Best Buy. I want my Limited Edition perks but I'm already paying tax from Amazon, no sense in paying $4 more for no good reason. I mean, I AM leaving the house on Friday <_<

I have a feeling it does seeing as how beautiful the game is. But, when playing the game did your guy's PS4 sound like a jet engine? Only game so far to make mine sound really loud is Killzone SF, another gorgeous game.

My review's all set and ready for the morning on GT. Hope everyone digs the opening clip. :)

How spoiler-ish is the review?

On media blackout now and don't want to know about new powers, villains, cutscenes, etc.

Ah, who am I kidding...I should avoid at all costs ANY video reviews of this game...

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Finished my good play through. Maxed power, all shards and 41% trophies. Love the credits. I think I'll finish up the city before moving on to evil Delsin and hard mode. Now to buy the sound track, only iTunes? Not even sure how to use iTunes:(

How spoiler-ish is the review?

On media blackout now and don't want to know about new powers, villains, cutscenes, etc.

Ah, who am I kidding...I should avoid at all costs ANY video reviews of this game...

Spoiler guidelines are very strict. Obviously everyone has different sensitivities, but if you've only seen what they've officially revealed, I'd say it's pretty spoiler-free. A lot of cool stuff not being shown.

Is there supposed to be a midnight release for this? I got a text earlier saying I can pick it up friday. Kind of sucks I usually get out from work by midnight.

Top Bottom