• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Not trying to troll, but I've genuinely no idea how you've put that much into the game.

The first mission alone took me 6 hours on my first try because I explored the whole map and restarted a few times to register enemy movement patterns, check for which enemies leave the area soon or are driving any vehicles. Plus checking all the buildings/areas for weapons and trying different weapons/approaches. After I got a basic impression on enemy movement, I went on a kill-all-sneaky run and used the empty map to quietly look into all corners for weapons/vehicles/possibilities to use for an s-rank run. And then the time needed to s-rank it (1-2 hours).

And that was 1 difficulty of 1 mission, meaning I can still do this 9 times overall. I s-ranked a second mission yesterday and after learning the basic layout of the map, this went a bit faster (even if I still needed to check weapon placement and overall enemy movement on the map) and took me 2-3 hours overall.

Edit: But yeah, sorry for the derail.

Just saying: If you love a game, you'll find something to do.

Namikaze1

Dont want to derail the thread, but the whole Ground Zeroes controversy was sort of the same thing for me. "2 hours to get through the main mission, add 2 hours more if you want to finish all content!", and yet I am playing it for 12 hours currently and maybe looking at... 30-40 when all is said and done.

If you love a game, you'll find ways to busy yourself with it. :)
This is me right now with that game. I beat the main mission in 3 and am looking at nearly 8 hours of two side ops. Still haven't unlocked the Deja Vu mission.

Anyway, back to inFAMOUS, I seriously can't wait for tomorrow. I already told my family and friends to not bother me at all this weekend. Gonna go first thing in the morning to pick up my copy. I don't care if I have to be that guy waiting for GameStop to open.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The first mission alone took me 6 hours on my first try because I explored the whole map and restarted a few times to register enemy movement patterns, check for which enemies leave the area soon or are driving any vehicles. Plus checking all the buildings/areas for weapons and trying different weapons/approaches. After I got a basic impression on enemy movement, I went on a kill-all-sneaky run and used the empty map to quietly look into all corners for weapons/vehicles/possibilities to use for an s-rank run. And then the time needed to s-rank it (1-2 hours).

And that was 1 difficulty of 1 mission, meaning I can still do this 9 times overall. I s-ranked a second mission yesterday and after learning the basic layout of the map, this went a bit faster (even if I still needed to check weapon placement and overall enemy movement on the map) and took me 2-3 hours overall.

Edit: But yeah, sorry for the derail.

Just saying: If you love a game, you'll find something to do.

Pleased you're getting your money's worth dude

Loudninja

inFAMOUS Second Son launches on PlayStation Store at midnight
So, the wait is finally over. A little over a year after its unveiling at the PS4 announcement event in New York, inFAMOUS Second Son arrives in stores tomorrow. And today we’re happy to confirm that those of you planning to purchase the game digitally will be able to do so from midnight tonight.

And just to recap, there are two options for a digital purchase: the standard version including just the game itself (€59.99/£49.99/AU$ 77.95), and the Legacy Edition, which includes the Cole’s Legacy expansion, four in-game jackets for Delsin to wear, and an additional jacket that unlocks when you complete Cole’s Legacy (€69.99/£62.99/AU$104.95).
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/20/infamous-second-son-midnight-digital-launch/

Lucifon

aw yiss

bjkkxbjiqaapeccnlcat.jpg

The beanie's actually not that bad.

I refuse to play a second of this game without this on my head.

EDIT: Brilliant. My ugly mug at the top of the fucking page. Goddamn.

Seeing this and the fact I just impulse bought a vita 2 days ago makes me wish I got FFX on Vita :( Instead I've got the PS3 version preordered, but it is the Collector's Edition and for £20. With Cross Save support I might just hold out for a vita deal.

I can't believe preloading is finally coming to a console! This could be the thing that makes me go nearly all digital. Steam got me used to it and I did outfit my PS4 with a 1 TB hard drive but waiting for the PSN store to update hours after a midnight release on some occasions really killed me. But this means I stop having to brave the streets at midnight to get to my dingy local Gamestop then count me in. I'll just watch movies and eat snacks while I wait for my game to unlock.

This statement is puzzling, preloading has been on consoles for a while already, just not the PS4. PS3 has been doing it for years now.

Teddified

Just got my Cole's Legacy code to go though finally. I'll have to check it out later today. Either that or wait until Paper Trail finally goes live and do them at the same time.

m@cross

Seeing this and the fact I just impulse bought a vita 2 days ago makes me wish I got FFX on Vita :( Instead I've got the PS3 version preordered, but it is the Collector's Edition and for £20. With Cross Save support I might just hold out for a vita deal.

I never played X, but I grabbed it for my VITA last night and I am enjoying it so far. Really takes me back to the golden JRPG days of FF7 in ways

Now when my wife insists that every night not be me playing ISS, I have my VITA to play FFX.

Dinjooh

So yeah, I cancelled my Amazon pre-order. It's freaking Thursday and it still says "Not Yet Shipped."

Does Amazon usually ship this early? I pre-ordered from a local game-shop in Denmark and I just got my confirmation an hour ago, and i'm 5-8 hours ahead of you guys in USA.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I never played X, but I grabbed it for my VITA last night and I am enjoying it so far. Really takes me back to the golden JRPG days of FF7 in ways

Now when my wife insists that every night not be me playing ISS, I have my VITA to play FFX.

Even despite reading this thread the whole day, it just took me a few second to realize that ISS is not International Superstar Soccer.

andycapps

Just got a notification that my order at Best Buy was ready for pickup. I wonder if I can really get it a day early or if that is a glitch.

pelican

3 hours left until I escape work.

Royal Mail better have dropped my ShopTO package through the door;p

Quite looking forward to playing this tonight.

I've still got a bad feeling about the reviews but I'm gonna love the hell out of this game anyways

The only real negative thing I could see them griping on is what many others have said and what we already know - the length.

I don't know, I haven't played it yet so I don't know what else could be seen as a negative; judging by many positive early impressions.

Does Amazon usually ship this early? I pre-ordered from a local game-shop in Denmark and I just got my confirmation an hour ago, and i'm 5-8 hours ahead of you guys in USA.

I pre-ordered mine last night and it was dispatched this morning so I'm expecting mine either to be in my post box when I get home, or delivered tomorrow.

I'm from the UK so not sure what Amazon US are like.

sobaka770

Banned
First couple of hours with the game:

- Screenshots cannot tell how nice the game looks in motion. Forget all technical DOF cutoff or shadowing, the ensemble looks phenomenal and most-importantly stylish. Perfectionists might look for rough edges (the game has some jaggies despite 1080p), but it doesn't detract from the overall presentation quality.

- Gameplay is a blast, powers feel natural and movement abilities work flawlessly especially in combat, which is a nice touch. Melee attacks feel visceral (unlike the video which was posted a few months ago) and shooting is responsive and fun.

- Mo-cap is insane, the first couple of cutscenes look movie-like.

This game may not get 10s because of reasons (single-player only, story reasons, PS4 exclusives hate etc.) but this is the true next-gen, first time when I felt my PS4 purchase is justified.

PS. I've seen Titanfall on PC, and for all its merits that game is not next-gen, or new console generation seller, Infamous 2 is. It just wouldn't work on older systems.

I'm in the same boat, albeit with Amazon.ca. If they don't ship it soon I'm just going to cancel and go digital. I really want that foil case though. :(

I'm almost considering going digital. But I only have about 200GB left. And the store is actually updating at a reasonable hour

I have no idea, but I pre-ordered Dark Souls 2 and it came days after the release date because they decided to use DHL instead of UPS so I've lost all faith in them releasing on time.

I'm just gonna go to the Best Buy near where I work and pick it up. *sigh*

Jeff Bezos why have thou foresaken me?!

Just started the game, can someone answer this rather odd question?

Early game spoilers, like within the first 10 minutes.
So, Augustine does what she does, but why doesnt she arrest you? You wake up later on and it just seems off that she let you go? If this is answered later on then fair enough. Just seems like a plot hole right now.

Sorry if I cant ask in here, I just dont fancy navigating the spoiler thread.

Top Bottom