• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Sai-kun

Banned
Omg, I wandered into the Infamous ARG thread and accidentally spoiled a bunch of powers for myself.

omg

why

i was doing so well

why do i instinctively click spoiler bars

edit: review thread is super disappointing with people hating for the gameplay not being 'next gen', whatever that means. don't give a fuck though, game will be awesome.

DNAbro

Omg, I wandered into the Infamous ARG thread and accidentally spoiled a bunch of powers for myself.

omg

why

i was doing so well

the arg doesn't spoil powers.

ALSO DID IGN'S VIDEO REVIEW REALLY HAVE POWER SPOILERS IN THE FIRST MINUTE GOD DAMN IT

Putty

After just 10 mins on this, i have to say the GFX are just totally nuts!! If this is a sign of things to come on PS4 this gen then holy piss pots! Looks fucking magnificent! Such consistency in pretty much everything! I just don't see hallmarks of classic open world deficiencies such as pop in/shadow pop/heavy lod transitions. Texture work is the muts nuts througout! Best showcase for next gen visuals bar none IMO.

Only thing i would like is a frame rate limiter.

Sai-kun

Banned
the arg doesn't spoil powers.

ALSO DID IGN'S VIDEO REVIEW REALLY HAVE POWER SPOILERS IN THE FIRST MINUTE GOD DAMN IT

The ARG thread OP does though? It listed a bunch of different ones and I just kind of processed it really quick and closed the tab.

Unless you're right and I haven't actually been spoiled, which would be awesome.

Dont watch IGN video review , spoilers in the first minute.

yeah, there is a lot of stuff from the spoiler list there, and for no reason, just thrown in randomly. Kind of annoying since I took the time to follow the guidelines and ask questions regarding footage for my review.

I literally just watched IGN's review and came in here to tell the people who don't want to be spoiled not to watch it. Is IGN the only site spoiling powers?

SJRB

Gold Member
Picked it up earlier today and just played about an hour, and it's without a doubt the best-looking game I have ever seen. It's blowing my mind pretty much nonstop, it's frightningly real at times with the lighting and the facial capture.

Game is funny to boot, the banter reminds me of Uncharted. Dialogue and voice acting is incredibly well done.

So good.

yeah, there is a lot of stuff from the spoiler list there, and for no reason, just thrown in randomly. Kind of annoying since I took the time to follow the guidelines and ask questions regarding footage for my review.

Seriously, GT and a few other sites are among the only websites I go to for quality video reviews anymore. I was PISSED when I saw the Neon Karma bomb.... THEY CREATED A FUCKING SPOILER FILTER IN THE DEMO JUST TO HIDE IT. God damn it IGN

Apparently reviewers have no clue apparently that gameplay in this game is what sets it apart. I mean come one, calling it last gen gameplay is so not right.

I only found the narrative weaker and one of the power not being super awesome or upto potential...And weird, but overall the game holds up decently.

Ricky_R

Reviews are sort of what I expected. You either get infamous or you want it to be like other open world games. Kind of guilty of that by wanting driving but Ive always really enjoyed the traversal and gameplay of the series, this time at least the protag is a lot more interesting with more powers and sick visuals. Definitely going to pick up my SS PS4 bundle with joy tomorrow, especially after hearing how much content and fixes the day 1 patch adds.

You won't regret it, you Punk.

PK Gaming

Escapist Review said:
Delsin is a fantastic protagonist - witty, relatable, and performed with surprising believability. In fact, pretty much the entire cast is impeccable in terms of dialogue and performance, featuring a brilliant roster of voice actors and some top notch facial animation. The characterization found here is perhaps the best thing about Second Son, and indeed one would be hard pressed to find much better elsewhere. Standing out from the crowd is the aforementioned Augustine, whose deadpan sarcasm makes her hard to hate until she reveals how utterly despicable she really is. It's rare to see a videogame villain so thoroughly irredeemable, and while her behavior sometimes borders on the needless (she's clearly a member of the Evil n' Lovin' It Club), the thought of making her answer for her crimes will nevertheless become just as crucial a goal for players as it is for Delsin.

The expertly structured narrative is an amazing step up for the series, and this runs through to the obligatory "moral choice" elements. Rather than Cole's embarrassing inner monologues that make him out to be some sort of confused psycho, players get to choose whether they want Delsin to be a selfless redeemer or a corrupting, vengeful hero-gone-wrong. His choices are more natural and understandable than most of the diametrically opposed choices presented in similar games, and the immoral path actually makes some sense, portraying Delsin as a fledgling Magneto, setting himself and fellow conduits apart from a society that hates them. Of course, with Delsin being such an affable guy, it may be hard for players to steer him down a darker path.[

Hype

No, SUPER Hyped

There's pretty much no way I can afford the PS4 now, but maybe I can enjoy Infamous: Second Son in 2017.

-Digits-

Just got a text that my pre order is ready for pickup. I finish work in 8 minutes so I should be home with it in about an hour. So hyped!

jiggles

Banned
New avatar:
DRWzUnt.jpg

No way. Too raw.

So, I kinda just gave up on finding a Collector's Edition for preorder. I ordered the Limited from Amazon, for delivery tomorrow. Just finished getting "tested" with the viral marketing kit too.

I've never played Infamous 1 or 2. At all. How lost will I be with this one?

omg

why

i was doing so well

edit: review thread is super disappointing with people hating for the gameplay not being 'next gen', whatever that means. don't give a fuck though, game will be awesome.
None of those are in the game.

Kyoufu

I'm loving this game so far. Only have Smoke at the moment but god damn, way easier to get into than I2. And the audio is not quiet.

LakeEarth

Still no shipping confirmation from The Source. I had it sent directly to the store instead of my house, on the hope that it would speed up the process. Fingers are still crossed that I will get it at launch (or if not, have a chance of it coming on the weekend). It'd suck if my attempt to save $5 makes me miss playing the game all weekend.

Man there is a lot of negativity in the review thread :/

I like hanging here in the OT better :).

Does anyone know if the day 1 patch is up yet?

Thanks for the heads up about which reviews not to read/watch. I have been dancing on the line of spoiler territory for a while now and I would hate to have it spoiled the day before I can play.

Top Bottom