• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

jiggles

Banned
aw yiss

bjkkxbjiqaapeccnlcat.jpg

The beanie's actually not that bad.

I refuse to play a second of this game without this on my head.

EDIT: Brilliant. My ugly mug at the top of the fucking page. Goddamn.

Vitor711

Jeff talked in last podcast that he gave review to Brad, cos he reviewed previous Infamous games.

Uh, that's the exact opposite of what he said. They were talking about how it's an issue that they give games for people to review that they're more likely to like, thus perhaps making the review not overly useful for anyone but fans of the series.

It sounded like Jeff had been the only one playing the game, Brad didn't mention anything on the Podcast about it but Jeff did.

ClearData

He's also confirmed to be reviewing SS.

Can't wait for the "oh, I wish I could drive cars, pick up guns" bs.

It's fun imagining what the potentially negative review lines are going to be. Let me try --

"Infamous Second Son's high production values, art direction, and better than average environment design can only do so much to hide its severe lack of not being Dark Souls. It's mechanics of draining smoke and neon are visually impressive, but do not progress storytelling in games in any meaningful way. The least that can be said about Infamous Second Son is that it is an exceedingly fun game that revels in its mediocrity like a pet cat trying to squeeze itself into smaller and smaller shoe boxes. If the game developers bothered to follow the recommendations I came up with just now three years ago. It may have scored higher than this abysmal 4/10

sjay1994

It's fun imagining what the potentially negative review lines are going to be. Let me try --

"Infamous Second Son's high production values, art direction, and better than average environment design can only do so much to hide its severe lack of not being Dark Souls. It's mechanics of draining smoke and neon are visually impressive, but do not progress storytelling in games in any meaningful way. The least that can be said about Infamous Second Son is that it is an exceedingly fun game that revels in its mediocrity like a pet cat trying to squeeze itself into smaller and smaller shoe boxes. If the game developers bothered to follow the recommendations I came up with just now three years ago. It may have scored higher than this abysmal 4/10

noda_perfect.jpg

Loomba

aw yiss

bjkkxbjiqaapeccnlcat.jpg

The beanie's actually not that bad.

I refuse to play a second of this game without this on my head.

EDIT: Brilliant. My ugly mug at the top of the fucking page. Goddamn.

My man, good taste (getting the same haha)

Where did you order from?

I ordered from Gamestop, Amazon and Tesco. My gamestop order came today (MGS) just not the rest.

Anyone else worried about an open world game with little content? Seems there is not much outside the main story, that is a bit disappointing considering it's next gen and open world games tend to be longer.

Can anyone with the game comment?

Dawg

Anyone else worried about an open world game with little content? Seems there is not much outside the main story, that is a bit disappointing considering it's next gen and open world games tend to be longer.

There's actually plenty to do next to the story in the world.

Actually... one of the few games with sidecontent that doesn't feel as tedious after a while like Assassin's Creed. It's not perfect, but it doesn't take as long.

Yes there aren't many sidemissions. The sidemissions are also pretty repetitive and annoying after a while and it becomes a checklist to get to the platinum. They're definitely the worst part of the game.

Dinjooh

Actually... one of the few games with sidecontent that doesn't feel as tedious after a while like Assassin's Creed.

I had the opposite experience with Assassin's Creed. Couldn't be bothered to continue with the main story, had plenty fun with side missions.

Think of all that space for DLC!

Frillen

I've played for about an hour now. Character's faces are a bit of a hit and miss, but mostly a hit. Controls are super smooth and fun. Graphics overall are OMGWTF!! The lightning is just out of this world and the best lightning I've seen in a video game ever.

ClearData

I can't believe preloading is finally coming to a console! This could be the thing that makes me go nearly all digital. Steam got me used to it and I did outfit my PS4 with a 1 TB hard drive but waiting for the PSN store to update hours after a midnight release on some occasions really killed me. But this means I stop having to brave the streets at midnight to get to my dingy local Gamestop then count me in. I'll just watch movies and eat snacks while I wait for my game to unlock.

ChrisW

With people saying it took them 10hours to complete. Do you find that if you buy a game "Day 1" there is a tendency to try and complete it quickly to post impressions, spoilers (Where applicable) and screenshots. Where as if the game was bought in 3/4 months time you might take you time more with it.

I know that in Infamous 1 I spent ages just messing about combining moves together to kill enemies in different ways, instead of trying to get through the story right away.

The Digital copy of Infamous on the UK PSN store cost 53 pounds.

But I've managed to pay only 44 pounds for the UK digital version.

Didn't want to use the US account method. So that's not bad at all.

sjay1994

I have a stats exam tomorrow, and my local shop isn't doing a midnight launch... so when I am done with that exam, I am spending an all nighter playing this game

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The Digital copy of Infamous on the UK PSN store cost 53 pounds.

But I've managed to pay only 44 pounds for the UK digital version.

Didn't want to use the US account method. So that's not bad at all.

See this is why I never use digital. 53 pounds? They always rip us off ffs.

Actually... one of the few games with sidecontent that doesn't feel as tedious after a while like Assassin's Creed. It's not perfect, but it doesn't take as long.

Oh nice, sorry I read some people saying there were not many side missions that's good then.

Yes there aren't many sidemissions. The sidemissions are also pretty repetitive and annoying after a while and it becomes a checklist to get to the platinum. They're definitely the worst part of the game.

And now a conflicting post LOL. Damn was hoping for more to do, 10-12 hours is short for an open world game

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
And now a conflicting post LOL. Damn was hoping for more to do, 10-12 hours is short for an open world game

Dont want to derail the thread, but the whole Ground Zeroes controversy was sort of the same thing for me. "2 hours to get through the main mission, add 2 hours more if you want to finish all content!", and yet I am playing it for 12 hours currently and maybe looking at... 30-40 when all is said and done.

If you love a game, you'll find ways to busy yourself with it. :)

Dawg

When you're going for a platinum, sidecontent always gets repetitive and boring. I liked doing all the stuff while going through the story, but I'm sure it'll get boring if I'd chase the platinum as well.

Dinjooh

Dont want to derail the thread, but the whole Ground Zeroes controversy was sort of the same thing for me. "2 hours to get through the main mission, add 2 hours more if you want to finish all content!", and yet I am playing it for 12 hours currently and maybe looking at... 30-40 when all is said and done.

I've managed to use 50 hours or so with Blitzball so far in my life. Yes, you will absolutely do some odd things if the game/universe interests you - I suspect Infamous will last me plenty long.

Lashley

Not trying to troll, but I've genuinely no idea how you've put that much into the game.

ChrisW

Cdkeys, they offer a very decent discount and on top of that you always get 5 percent off when you like their Facebook page.

I got two 25 pound psn codes for 41 pounds had the spare already in my account.
I wish I had good internet, I'd go with that if I didn't only have 3mb broadband. Would take forever to finally play the game

Lashley

Cdkeys, they offer a very decent discount and on top of that you always get 5 percent off when you like their Facebook page.

I got two 25 pound psn codes for 41 pounds had the spare already in my account.

You bought infamous on cdkeys? :S

Top Bottom