• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Dawg

Just started the game, can someone answer this rather odd question?

Early game spoilers, like within the first 10 minutes.
So, Augustine does what she does, but why doesnt she arrest you? You wake up later on and it just seems off that she let you go? If this is answered later on then fair enough. Just seems like a plot hole right now.

Sorry if I cant ask in here, I just dont fancy navigating the spoiler thread.

it remains a plot hole afaik

it makes more sense if you chose evil karma, then she doesn't know you have superpowers and just attacks the entire tribe with granite but nobody tells her about your new power

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
it remains a plot hole afaik

it makes more sense if you chose evil karma, then she doesn't know you have superpowers and just attacks the entire tribe with granite but nobody tells her about your new power

DON'T READ THIS, STORY SPOILERS

I'm pretty sure she thinks you're joking / just being an asshole when you tell her Henry gave you his powers.

Ishan

Just started the game, can someone answer this rather odd question?

Early game spoilers, like within the first 10 minutes.
So, Augustine does what she does, but why doesnt she arrest you? You wake up later on and it just seems off that she let you go? If this is answered later on then fair enough. Just seems like a plot hole right now.
Sorry if I cant ask in here, I just dont fancy navigating the spoiler thread.

STORY SPOILERS FROM FIRST 10 20 minutes to explain
I just assumed she doesnt bother arresting people who arent conduits ....she just interrogates them and leaves them to die ... note that everyone is dying but you ... so this didnt bother me. There are some other plot/gameplay points later in the game which bugged me more but I'll wait till ppl have played to discuss in the spoiler thread

TheDude108

Quick q,

Can you buy of the US PSN store with a UK credit/debit card? Want to get the US digital version on the PSN store as its cheaper, but I'm not sure if you can register your UK credit/debit card on the US PSN store.

Or do you need to buy US PSN store cards and register them that way?

Can anyone who has it already and played it answer a question? Does SS address the floaty, disconnected, and mildly laggy control of the previous three games? I guess I should have waited to find out for certain before preordering the digital copy on PSN, but I wanted that free DLC for preordering and want to adjust expectations accordingly for maximum enjoyment.

andycapps

First couple of hours with the game:

- Screenshots cannot tell how nice the game looks in motion. Forget all technical DOF cutoff or shadowing, the ensemble looks phenomenal and most-importantly stylish. Perfectionists might look for rough edges (the game has some jaggies despite 1080p), but it doesn't detract from the overall presentation quality.

- Gameplay is a blast, powers feel natural and movement abilities work flawlessly especially in combat, which is a nice touch. Melee attacks feel visceral (unlike the video which was posted a few months ago) and shooting is responsive and fun.

- Mo-cap is insane, the first couple of cutscenes look movie-like.

This game may not get 10s because of reasons (single-player only, story reasons, PS4 exclusives hate etc.) but this is the true next-gen, first time when I felt my PS4 purchase is justified.

PS. I've seen Titanfall on PC, and for all its merits that game is not next-gen, or new console generation seller, Infamous 2 is. It just wouldn't work on older systems.

Seems what I expected. I've always loved the Infamous games, but I don't expect it to score above a 8 from most outlets. 80-85 Metacritic seems like a good guess based on the previous ones.

If the game is on par with the first two, but with these amazing visuals and sweet new powers I'll be satisfied. Infamous 1 and 2 aren't amazing games by any means but I still had a ton of fun with them.

Tease us! Is your score higher, lower or the same as that one? =D

Slightly lower.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/infamous-second-son-ps4-review-by-all-your-powers-combined

It runs at a brisk pace, probably 12 hours for a full playthrough. I preferred New Marais to Seattle and I miss the deeper power customization of Infamous 2, though Second Son's power variety does work. (I could done with one more powerset.) Looks amazing. Story is a bit rigid and the supporting cast disappears outside of their specific story sections, which is a shame, because they're fun when they're around.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The patch notes from the videogamer article:

Full 1.01 Patch Notes:

Cole's Legacy Content Pack
FREE with pre-order
Explore the events immediately following inFAMOUS 2
Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay

inFAMOUS Paper Trail Storyline
FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.'s occupation of Seattle.
19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.

Difficulty Balance
Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
Karma progression extended to support longer playtime

Boss Fights
The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks

Pedestrians and DUPs
Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids

Technical Improvements
Graphics and performance improvements
Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC

Just played the intro. Looks great and plays fun, although I dont think traversal animations are as good as the AC series. Love the ingame cutscenes and pretty much everything about the visuals.

With all this talk of added content, difficulty and bosses tweaked, graphical updates, etc. Magicman is going to have to beat the game again! Although I don't think that's asking much hahaha

Can anyone who has it already and played it answer a question? Does SS address the floaty, disconnected, and mildly laggy control of the previous three games? I guess I should have waited to find out for certain before preordering the digital copy on PSN, but I wanted that free DLC for preordering and want to adjust expectations accordingly for maximum enjoyment.

Regular movement and jumps still seem a little 'cartoony' to be honest. Movement with powers is smooth and awesome. I think if this was a game relying mainly on parkour it would be an issue, but because the powers add a lot of dimension to traversal, I dont think it is such a big issue...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

The movement seems tighter than the previous games to me.

andycapps

The patch notes from the videogamer article:

Wow, that's a huge patch.

So for anyone that's played it thus far, if we've played the first two entries, what difficulty level is ideal? Normal or expert? I enjoy a challenge, but I don't want to rip my controller in half.

Endo Punk

Reviews are sort of what I expected. You either get infamous or you want it to be like other open world games. Kind of guilty of that by wanting driving but Ive always really enjoyed the traversal and gameplay of the series, this time at least the protag is a lot more interesting with more powers and sick visuals. Definitely going to pick up my SS PS4 bundle with joy tomorrow, especially after hearing how much content and fixes the day 1 patch adds.

Top Bottom