• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

BigDug13

I am confused about this new content from that other thread and I need some help understanding this.

That article states that this patch INTRODUCES the Paper Trail storyline that totals 5 hours of content and will be drip fed over the course of the next 6 weeks.

But then in the patch notes, says the day 1 patch delivers 5 hours of additional content.

So which is it? 5 hours of additional content now, with even more content coming in the next 6 weeks, or is it only a part of a total of 5 hours delivered now, with the remainder delivered over the course of 6 weeks?

The article makes it confusing with that whole 6 weeks delivery thing.

Daft_Cat

Amazon has them in stock still.

Thanks, but I'd rather avoid buying it online if I can.

UPS/ USPS has a habit of just leaving deliveries on my doorstep (even when I check the option telling them not to do that). I'd rather not have a decent sized box just sitting there for hours. I live in LA, so chances are it wouldn't be there for long.

I know Amazon would just send another one, but I'd rather avoid the hassle.

Just picked this up this afternoon..fucking 70 euros DAMN... but wow this game is amazing.
Where? You're a Dutchy right? MM had it for 55€ on their website yesterday, it's since sold out though. Wonder what the price in ther stores is gonna be. Hopefully not the same awful amount you paid for it :(

Colbert

Banned
Mixed reviews. I can understand that. I got Infamous 2 as free game on PS3 but didn't get into it and left it behind. Not everybody's taste! For those that like those kind of games: Enjoy!

Frillen

I've had the 1.01 patch since I started playing the game earlier today.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier was how responsive the controls felt immediately after I started it. Usually when it comes to third person action games it takes like half an hour to get adjusted to the controls (they always feel awkward right at the start), but with this one it took like a minute. Butter smooth controls.

Off to play some more!

MMaRsu

Where? You're a Dutchy right? MM had it for 55€ on their website yesterday, it's since sold out though. Wonder what the price in ther stores is gonna be. Hopefully not the same awful amount you paid for it :(

Yeah I bought it at Gamemania here in Den Bosch. Sweet game..

BigDug13

So does nobody know the answer to my question?

Does this day one patch have 5 hours of content now with additional hours coming over 6 weeks?

Or does this day one patch only introduce a portion of the 5 hour content now, with the remaining portion of the 5 hour content coming over the course of 6 weeks?

ChuckNyce

Going to hook up my HDMI splitter and El Gato later to do some proper screen/video capture but This.Fucking.Game....

BjL5QQpIgAAgoJ3.jpg:large

Loudninja

I've had the 1.01 patch since I started playing the game earlier today.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier was how responsive the controls felt immediately after I started it. Usually when it comes to third person action games it takes like half an hour to get adjusted to the controls (they always feel awkward right at the start), but with this one it took like a minute. Butter smooth controls.

Off to play some more!
Sounds great. :)

So does nobody know the answer to my question?

Does this day one patch have 5 hours of content now with additional hours coming over 6 weeks?

Or does this day one patch only introduce a portion of the 5 hour content now, with the remaining portion of the 5 hour content coming over the course of 6 weeks?
Yeah its not all day one 5 hours its the total amount of content over the weeks.

Daft_Cat

Mixed reviews. I can understand that. I got Infamous 2 as free game on PS3 but didn't get into it and left it behind. Not everybody's taste! For those that like those kind of games: Enjoy!

Nice try burying a troll nugget in a deceptively friendly sounding post =P.

shandy706

Off to play some more!

The Halo influence did it well.

hydruxo

I wouldn't say it's necessarily that mixed though. 7-9 range is pretty solid.

Mikef2000

One question and sorry if it has been asked earlier, but I want to avoid any spoilers and don't want to backtrack through the entire thread. Should Cole's Legacy be played before starting on the main single player mission?

BigDug13

Sounds great. :)

Yeah its not all day one 5 hours its the total amount of content over the weeks.

That's...disappointing. It's great that we get additional content for free, but I was hoping they delivered 5 more hours now.

Especially since it seems the game is shorter than the previous installments. Another 5 hours is meaningfully when it's a 70% upgrade to game length. I want that now.

One question and sorry if it has been asked earlier, but I want to avoid any spoilers and don't want to backtrack through the entire thread. Should Cole's Legacy be played before starting on the main single player mission?

im not sure on this, but i dont think it lets u play it until a certain point. I just played it, and it really doesnt matter where u play it for it to make sense. It is kind of its own thing.

hydruxo

Just called my local Gamestop to see if they were doing a midnight release and they said no :(

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning

Just called my local Gamestop to see if they were doing a midnight release and they said no :(

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning

Yeah, it seems none are doing it.

Friggin sucks! Why the hell does TF get a midnight, but not this? Surely there were enough pre-orders to justify it?

Weird. When did u order? I ordered on the 17th and got a mail today at 2pm saying it and ground zeroes had both shipped. I've seen parcels ship pretty late and still make it if you're close to the distribution centres so don't give up hope!
I pre-ordered in January! I'm a Prime customer so maybe it could still turn up... I'm getting doubtful though.

Kssio_Aug

Lol!!
Just read a review that gave 6/10. Reason: gameplay almost the same as the others.

Thats a joke!! Again that bs?? I mean... Is inFamous gameplay considere bad at all to get such a score? Because imho, infamous gameplay was always its higher point!

I give up from having any hope to these reviwers.

Lol!!
Just read a review that gave 6/10. Reason: gameplay almost the same as the others.

Thats a joke!! Again that bs?? I mean... Is inFamous gameplay considere bad at all to get such a score? Because imho, infamous gameplay was always its higher point!

yet they give CoD every year high scores for the same BS..

No midnight launch for my GameStop. :(

Oh, well. I'll be there as soon as they open since I have no class tomorrow. I'm getting this game as soon as I can.

Lima

Lol I love this fucking beanie. I immediately put it on and went to gamestop to pick up MGS and saw some other guy running around with it too. Bunch of fucking nerds.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Some of the criticisms are really dumb though.

Vitor711

I pre-ordered in January! I'm a Prime customer so maybe it could still turn up... I'm getting doubtful though.

Mine just shipped and I have a free trial of Prime - it's nearly 18:00 here too so that's pretty late but I'm sure it'll arrive in time.

Amazon didn't ship my PS4 until 23:00 THE NIGHT BEFORE LAUNCH. And it arrived in time.

Yeah, it seems none are doing it.

Friggin sucks! Why the hell does TF get a midnight, but not this? Surely there were enough pre-orders to justify it?

I asked my GameStop that same question when I picked upFFX|X-2 on Tuesday. They told me that company policy is to only do midnight releases when a store has at least 75 reservations for big titles. Apparently my GS skipped out on the TF midnight shenanigans because of this.

Lol!!

If it is Metro they are a free rag. Its free in London and I dont even pick it up.

Trevelyon

Huh, just hit a PlayGo buffering wall. Won't let me continue into Seattle (I'm at that D.U.P checkpoint scene in the trailers)

15 minutes I can continue. Shame.

Kssio_Aug

If it is Metro they are a free rag. Its free in London and I dont even pick it up.
Yeah, it was them.

Idk... I understand that it was one and we should just disconsider it. But I feel that is quite not fair, some reviwers (specially the ones that counts at MC Score; their case actually) seems to have no idea that what they write will effect the game scene. And drop score in certain scale for such no senses (sometimes it seems fanboysism from their side) is a disrespect for the game creation. Felt the same with Knack.

Nothing against low scores, but when its well fundamented though. Its sad to see this happening.

Top Bottom