• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

VanWinkle

I don't like to read reviews before a game. As they're often very detailed, I don't want them to have any chance of clouding my judgment of the game. I want to experience and make judgments myself. I've heard opinions here in the form of short impressions, and that's all I need to know its worth playing. From there, it's all me.

I literally just watched IGN's review and came in here to tell the people who don't want to be spoiled not to watch it. Is IGN the only site spoiling powers?

Sony asked us not to give you guys the specifics of the powers after Smoke and Neon. Most reviewers stuck with it. I admit, writing around the specifics of the last two powers was annoying, but it worked out fine.

Still hasn't shipped from Amazon. I'm in the UK so there's pretty much no way I'm getting the game tomorrow now...

Weird. When did u order? I ordered on the 17th and got a mail today at 2pm saying it and ground zeroes had both shipped. I've seen parcels ship pretty late and still make it if you're close to the distribution centres so don't give up hope!

Mr Moose

GAME shipped my collectors edition out on the 18th, normally takes 2 days so I was hoping to get it today.
It didn't come, so now I am sulking :<

chico

so if the patch is not out yet, i better start playing it tomorrow... right? but how can i not play this wonderful game when its right in front of me. pure torture!!!

stupei

Decided to get my pre-order in at amazon last minute the other day. I really wasn't sure if I was going to bother with day one since Dark Souls has eaten my brain again, but it'll be nice to have this as a fun diversion to go to the next time I lose 20k+ souls.

Game looks solid, though I've mostly gone on media blackout. Guess I'm extra glad, if the reviews are giving away so much.

I dont think so the size just does not match.

Also some reviewers said they didn't get it either.

i think i remember it being pretty close to 300 mb...wasnt it like 280 something. Maybe they are just rounding up to 300. idk why they would say those missions are coming in the day one patch, when we already have them in this patch

Yeah so I don't see any patch available yet so it must not be up yet.

However I did redeem Coles Legacy, but it won't let me download it.

so since you have had the game, you havent gotten a patch at all. In the original patch that people got, it included coles legacy and paper trail. The code for coles legacy is just a key to unlock the content, no download...i just played it

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
so since you have had the game, you havent gotten a patch at all. In the original patch that people got, it included coles legacy and paper trail. The code for coles legacy is just a key to unlock the content, no download...i just played it

You just played Cole's Legacy?

but we know this one exists...

i'll share it on twitter and pm you the link just to be safe...if anyone else wants to see it, pm me or quote...or whatever lol

but yeah, someone had one of the unlockable jackets on in a screenshot and they got pissed. We know there are unlockable jackets in the game too lol

I know I figured that but it wont even let me download the unlock key. It keeps saying cannot download :(

SJRB

Gold Member
Well it's disappointing to see the city/citizens are as braindead as ever. I come by, turn into smoke and dash through a fence, nobody even flinches. Other moments people cheering at me telling me I'm doing a good job, while technically I'm only half an hour in the city and nobody at this point should even know who I am, let alone know my name.

Almost no ambient chatter or reactions.

I know I figured that but it wont even let me download the unlock key. It keeps saying cannot download :(

Have you tried to just go into the game and see if the mission is there...I honestly dont even remember doing a download, I was half asleep when i entered the code though lol

Daft_Cat

I was watching my friend play this last night, and I'm pretty sure Empire City is still the biggest map of the three games. At least, it felt that way to me. Maybe it's just that it was divided into islands.

Oh well, Seattle is vastly more detailed...and I love the Pacific North West vibe. Vancouver's my favourite North American city, so it looks great.

Now if only I could track down a PS4...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The second I put the disc in last Friday I received an "inFamous Second Son downloading" notification, and it download and installed patch 1.01. It could be offline at the moment.

Yeah, when I put mine in Saturday it had a patch, but I don't think it's the day one patch.

Skilletor

Console wars are so serious right now. The review thread is a clusterfuck. The game is getting mostly 8s, which to me is a great game, some 7s, which to me is a good game, and some 9s.

I dunno. Game is good. It's gorgeous. My fiance (almost typed girlfriend, just got engaged monday! :D), was watching me and could not believe the facial expressions in the game. When I was running around the city she said, "Why does it look so good? Is it because it's on PS4?" This from somebody who rarely ever comments on graphics.

I just got spoiled on one of the abilities of the fourth powers, I have no class for a week after tonight, and I just cannot wait to get further into this game. It's just plain fun.

Loudninja

I was watching my friend play this last night, and I'm pretty sure Empire City is still the biggest map of the three games. At least, it felt that way to me. Maybe it's just that it was divided into islands.

Oh well, Seattle is vastly more detailed...and I love the Pacific North West vibe. Vancouver's my favourite North American city, so it looks great.

Now if only I could track down a PS4...
Amazon has them in stock still.

Trevelyon

Loving the opening act, really cool. Also, PlayGo is seriously kick arse, already up and going after maybe 1-2GB download plus day one patch.

Top Bottom