• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Megasoum

Banned
Dammit... I think I just spoiled myself one of the power by opening a stream on twitch.... I know it's my fault but dammit anyway lol.

BigDug13

Ah, I see.

Of the 8 or so PS4 discs I've bought, they all require full install. Some titles, like this one, allow you to play while it installs from the disc.

Which games have you bought? They all require a small install before you can start gaming and then they continue the rest of the installation in the background, but if they all required the full install to be complete before you started the game, then you couldn't get into the game for at least 10 minutes per game. Has that been your experience?

I'm curious which games didn't allow you to start gaming while it finished the install.

Yeah, it was them.

Idk... I understand that it was one and we should just disconsider it. But I feel that is quite not fair, some reviwers (specially the ones that counts at MC Score; their case actually) seems to have no idea that what they write will effect the game scene. And drop score in certain scale for such no senses (sometimes it seems fanboysism from their side) is a disrespect for the game creation. Felt the same with Knack.

Nothing against low scores, but when its well fundamented though. Its sad to see this happening.

I don't really pay much attention to reviews. I have games I am interested in, and the reviews have some effect on what I purchase. I think there is a hell of a lot of subjectivity in it. As you said, I enjoyed Knack.

Giving Infamous a 6 on the conventional scale is ridiculous though. Still it is the Metro. It is rubbish.

Rflagg

The game is so close, and I am beyond ready, canceling my gamefly account that I got to make the wait for this game not as bad.

Violater

Just one question, do you feel powerful in the game is you did in the others?
The iconic powers like the lightening storm and the tornado thing were my favs.

styl3s

How many people are getting the digital? I have been on the fence about digital or physical all day. I just upgraded to business class internet which has no monthly cap and that has been my main reason to never go digital.

I am very pleased with myself to have managed to be on the best blackout i could be. I know nothing about the story and powers except smoke and neon... YISSS!!

hydruxo

I am very pleased with myself to have managed to be on the best blackout i could be. I know nothing about the story and powers except smoke and neon... YISSS!!

I got the
other powers
spoiled for me but I don't really mind that much. I have no idea what the story is about though so I'm all good on that front!

The power of friendship is the only power you need to know good sir. But congrats. I hope you enjoy the game.

Dizzle24

Amazon just shipped my game and emailed me a promotional code for the Vests download.

Can't wait for tomorrow night so I can play alllll weekend.

JayEH

So when is this game launching on the PS Store? I know that past games on the store have launched at 12 AM EST in the US (MGS 5 did this week) but I saw a tweet from a SP dev saying it isn't launching until 3 AM EST.

That doesn't make sense at all. If anybody knows what's up I'd greatly appreciate it.

BigDug13

So when is this game launching on the PS Store? I know that past games on the store have launched at 12 AM EST in the US (MGS 5 did this week) but I saw a tweet from a SP dev saying it isn't launching until 3 AM EST.

That doesn't make sense at all. If anybody knows what's up I'd greatly appreciate it.

That is the time they've stated. That's all I know of "what's up". They were very specific in making sure it was understood that it would not be available at 12am EST but PST.

JayEH

That is the time they've stated. That's all I know of "what's up". They were very specific in making sure it was understood that it would not be available at 12am EST but PST.

Hmm ok thanks. Weird that they would make a (bad) change with SS.

It's up is it not ? I just downloaded 250ish mb patch and it said it was the paper trail content.

Yea it's up, what's funny is I can't find any patch to download (where would I go within my Playstation to search for a patch) so I don't know if I downloaded the patch yet.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yea it's up, what's funny is I can't find any patch to download (where would I go within my Playstation to search for a patch) so I don't know if I downloaded the patch yet.

I still haven't downloaded anything since Saturday. So either it's been the day 1 patch all along, or it's not detecting an update. Maybe I should try deleting it and reinstalling. I'm just going to wait until tomorrow and see, I guess.

I still haven't downloaded anything since Saturday. So either it's been the day 1 patch all along, or it's not detecting an update. Maybe I should try deleting it and reinstalling. I'm just going to wait until tomorrow and see, I guess.

It's been the day one patch all along. 1.01. The patch notes are the same as what we got with reviews. I think some people are just confused since it just went out to the public.

Looks like I made a good decision not to read any reviews for fear of spoilers. It really sucks for those who were trying to avoid them and almost made it all the way to release.

This is my most anticipated title in a while and will remain so for a while.

tfur

Can't wait.

The review thread turned into a psych ward. Generally good scores, although I quit following most paid games journalists since the duffle bag payola days.

Lol I love this fucking beanie. I immediately put it on and went to gamestop to pick up MGS and saw some other guy running around with it too. Bunch of fucking nerds.

I love this shit haha. Once spotted a guy with the GTA4 duffel bag at the gym. I gave him the eyebrow raise, yeah, you know what's goin on.

Frillen

The side missions become a bit repetitive, and reminds me a bit about the Assassin's Creed ones. That might be a negative for some. Good news is that all of them counts towards your Karma meter, and some of them are quite fun.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The side missions become a bit repetitive, and reminds me a bit about the Assassin's Creed ones. That might be a negative for some. Good news is that all of them counts towards your Karma meter, and some of them are quite fun.

The good thing is they don't take long.

Top Bottom