• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

BjPaDEtIQAANxe9.jpg:large

Hot diggity.

This game is jaw dropping. It has the same issues as the previous titles (can't really enjoy the world with annoying enemies popping up everywhere) and is plagued by the usual open world filler content. But it plays and looks so slick that I don't care. I hope they keep a steady stream of powers coming to ease the repetition.

I've somehow not spoiled the third power for myself. Looking forward to that one.

Striek

Is the game only 5GB that unpacks to 20+gb? My PS4 is telling me that all downloads are already done.

No. I had to wait ~30minutes after the first part of the game (~1hr) for more data to download. There was no indiciation anywhere on the PS4 that stuff was downloading outside of the screen that popped up in the game itself. I don't know how much more was downloaded it was only a timer with the estimated wait, but I assume its all done now.

DieH@rd

Banned
Yeah at 5GB you can start playing the game.

I know that, but the PS4 is not downloading anything else.

No. I had to wait ~30minutes after the first part of the game (~1hr) for more data to download. There was no indiciation anywhere on the PS4 that stuff was downloading outside of the screen that popped up in the game itself. I don't know how much more was downloaded it was only a timer with the estimated wait, but I assume its all done now.

What a bullshit, why didn't they set up that the game downloads everything at once?

leng jai

Yeah this game is definitely lacklustre when it comes to being "open world" (much like the first two games) but the visuals, core combat and traversal is so good it basically makes up for it.

GD71

Banned

The notification screen shows you the full download progress for all downloads.

Keihart

Pressing options on top of the game and going to information tells you how much have you donwloaded and stuff.

Mine said 30 minutes more too , i'll just go to sleep so i can play it with my senses working xD

Good fight and good night GAF.

EDIT: it keeps downloading after the first install , play it or not.

Striek

The notification screen shows you the full download progress for all downloads.

It definitely doesn't. It only shows the initial download and the update file. Nothing was showing when the game was on the waiting screen, I checked.

Kyoufu

Yeah this game is definitely lacklustre when it comes to being "open world" (much like the first two games) but the visuals, core combat and traversal is so good it basically makes up for it.

That's how I feel too. Core combat and traversal make this game super fun. 10 hours yesterday felt like 10 minutes. Lost track of time as soon as I reached Seattle.

DieH@rd

Banned
In my download notification area there is nothing. However I found that download is still going if I go into:

Main PS4 menu > Infamous:SS > Options button > Information

There it lists current size of installation, with live tracker of the download status. Weird that there is nothing in Notification area.

Press Options on the ap then go to information to see how much left you've downloaded so far.
Yeah, found it.

For the guys going about the download status thing I just found this:

Only the initial install required before you can play the game is shown in notifications. To see the remaining, go to the game in the menu and press Options button then Information. It will show the download status.

You do not need to start the game for the download to finish, it runs in the background while the system is on (or in standby if you have enabled downloads in standby), you can even start another game and let the first game finish downloading in the background.

Hope that helps. ;)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Even once it lets you start the game up, the disc continues to spin. I'm guessing it's installing the rest of the data as I play. All I know is it's loud.

Mikey Jr.

So I downloaded the game. When I woke up, a fuckton of the dlc errored out. Anyone else get this? I can't redownload it or anything.

That's how I feel too. Core combat and traversal make this game super fun. 10 hours yesterday felt like 10 minutes. Lost track of time as soon as I reached Seattle.

To me it is like the way Crysis was open world. Gives more gameplay options but doesnt really provide more extra content. I am fine with that.

Kyoufu

I think Neon is my least favourite combat power. At least on Evil karma.

The traversal though is ridiculous once you upgrade it lol.

Why would someone automatically know when it tells you absolutely nothing? The drive gives it away. I wish they'd let you fully install first.

Well if you look at the original install, it's only 5GB. Do you really think that's how big the entire game is?

But yes, it should reupdate the download list or have separate download lists for PlayGo and full game

Carl

Why would someone automatically know when it tells you absolutely nothing? The drive gives it away. I wish they'd let you fully install first.

It just has a minimum required install. If you want, you can sit and wait for it to install the whole thing before you click play.

Dunlop

Added to downloads an hour ago, see the progress bar but no movement at all or speed indication

Have to leave for work

: (

edit: woot, suddenly kicked in and is downloading fast

anddo0

Anyone get the dlc to work?

I still see "can't download".. Under library, it says complete, but it's not.
I'm trying to re-download the dlc. But I don't see any option to.. The webstore retry download isn't working either.

Jesb

Game looks so good. I think I took like 20 shots in just the first 15 minutes. Enjoying how the story is presented too, it feels so much better than previous games.
the part when the bridge starts coming down already left me pretty impressed! I actually died from watching at the beauty of it.

Lucent

Man this game is beautiful. Only 5 months after the console launch. I can't wait to see what we get in the future.

EDIT: Also all of my DLC errored out. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that.

GlamFM

Banned
Played it for about two hours.

First hour was great, but now I´m in Seattle and it´s kind of same old Infamous again.

I´m gonna finish it, but I can see where the reviewers are coming from.

Great looking game!

Top Bottom