• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Played for about 2.5 hours tonight. Exposition felt a little rushed but it's all in the name of getting you right into the action, which it does.

Took me a minute to realise than you use the left stick so select upgrades. I was trying to use the d-pad the whole time!

Hmm, I didn't pre-order but the description of the limited edition says that it still has the DLC included on PSN. At what point does it become available in the game because that seems like false advertising if I don't have it.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I have to admit being jealous of those who can play this right away. I have a wedding dinner, a wedding, and shopping which has to be done all starting after work today - Saturday night.

Friday is finally here! I had to manually start the download this morning. I expected it to automatically download overnight, but I won't get to play until after work anyway.

Virdix

Finally got to
Seattle
, waiting for the game to finish downloading now /sigh
Probably too cautious with that spoiler tag

Thought I would upgrade to the collectors edition

image.jpg

Loving the beanie that comes with it, good game so far

Roughly around 5 gigs to play the game.

Like all Infamous this one takes a bit to pick up. Man is it great to have a beautiful Infamous. I love the way they altered the collectables. Much more manageable.

GHG

Shit didn't download automagically. Fail, PS4. Fail.

How big is the initial download?

About 5.5GB.

Full download is 21GB.

I'm waiting for the full one to finish before playing to be honest. I want to just play this all night with no breaks.

Quasar

Am enjoying it so far, though the invisible walls are annoying as is the whole no swimming thing.

I do have a question though for folks with high speed internet and who have bought the digital version. I got to a certain point and then got given a 'downloading more content' message plus countdown timer. So is this purely due to my slow internet?

hal9001

Banned
Only managed to play the game for around 30min as I have to go out, but initial impressions are good. The graphics and particularly the lighting effects are probably the best looking of any console game released so far. I have been spamming the share button to take screenshots at every moment rather than actually playing the game because it's that beautiful. The controls are smooth and responsive. Even though some people might find it a bit gimmicky, I also liked how they have incorporated the controllers features such as the early
spray can use
and the swip and push of the touchpad to open doors and push objects. The story presentation, while an improvement to the previous games, is still not quite at the Naughty Dog level though but the gameplay makes up for that. I can't wait to dive into this later tonight.

For those in EU interested in buying the Infamous+PS4 bundle, bought it yesterday and it doesn't have the Cole's Legacy DLC.

Yeah I know it sucks :(

Oni Jazar

Played the first our (to Seattle) and holy crap this game is AWESOME.

I'm a fan of the first two games but this one finally has the production values that the other two lacked. Great cut-scenes, jaw dropping graphics, great music, very satisfying combat. I think the dialogue so far has been really good.

Once you get to the core gameplay it seems familiar to the Infamous we all know but this is the Infamous game the series always wanted to be. The earlier games had the general essence but you could tell it always struggled to really do all it wanted because the PS3 just wasn't capable of it all. This time everything looks so god damn gorgeous and destructible! I love it!

As a fan of the original games I think this one so far seems 10x better. Granted I'm very early in.

Should I be playing on expert? I switched to expert after the bridge and combat seems more fun to me so far. Should I just start over for a trophy or am I ok to have changed it mid-game?

leng jai

Played the first our (to Seattle) and holy crap this game is AWESOME.

I'm a fan of the first two games but this one finally has the production values that the other two lacked. Great cut-scenes, jaw dropping graphics, great music, very satisfying combat. I think the dialogue so far has been really good.

Once you get to the core gameplay it seems familiar to the Infamous we all know but this is the Infamous game the series always wanted to be. The earlier games had the general essence but you could tell it always struggled to really do all it wanted because the PS3 just wasn't capable of it all. This time everything looks so god damn gorgeous and destructible! I love it!

As a fan of the original games I think this one so far seems 10x better. Granted I'm very early in.

Should I be playing on expert? I switched to expert after the bridge and combat seems more fun to me so far. Should I just start over for a trophy or am I ok to have changed it mid-game?

You won't get the trophy changing difficulties mid game. Just play expert on your second play through, you'll be playing it twice anyway.

hydruxo

I have to sit through 3 classes this morning before I can go pick up the game :( The wait is going to be excruciating but I'm so pumped!!

Replicant

How do I get back to the main menu from within the game? Is there even a main menu?

And oh, this game is stunning. That road that leads to the blockade in the middle of the rain? I'm drooling!

Man I really don't like the control scheme. I don't like having to use the touch pad for everything. Why can't I just use the triggers. The other 2 infamous games controlled better I feel. And the animations seem a little buggy at times.

The UI is really weird too. Some UI elements are too small even on my 40" TV. The mini map is really hard to read.

I hope I warm up to this game eventually. But I feel Infamous1 started out a lot stronger even with out a bunch of fancy mocap cutscenes.

leng jai

Man I really don't like the control scheme. I don't like having to use the touch pad for everything. Why can't I just use the triggers. The other 2 infamous games controlled better I feel. And the animations seem a little buggy at times.

I agree that using the touch pad to restore your powers is annoying.

I just cancelled my pre-order.

Because I just noticed that not only is the Asian digital version of Second Son 6 dollars cheaper than retail, they're currently running a 10% PS+ discount up till 3rd of April... which means that Second Son is only 40 dollars in Asia.

Thank
you Kawano.

ieatzombies

I have my bioframe diagnostics kit and haven't opened it yet. To those who also have one, are there any spoilers? Would hate to spoil anything mere seconds before jumping into second son.

Top Bottom