• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Gurish

This game is so clean, the best IQ I've seen, especially considering it's open world.
Are we sure Sucker-Punch made that engine?? :O

Mononoke

Banned
Put about 3 hours total into this. Honestly, I'm REALLY loving this game so far. Really like the plot, the characters & the gameplay. I haven't even unlocked any other powers yet! I've also been taking my time, so I'll just wander off and find shards or destroy security cameras. But yeah, so far so good. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow to play this again.

Game looks so good. I think I took like 20 shots in just the first 15 minutes. Enjoying how the story is presented too, it feels so much better than previous games.
the part when the bridge starts coming down already left me pretty impressed! I actually died from watching at the beauty of it.

Yeah, that is the part where I really said, "Holy shit" for graphics.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone get the dlc to work?

I still see "can't download".. Under library, it says complete, but it's not.
I'm trying to re-download the dlc. But I don't see any option to.. The webstore retry download isn't working either.

Same. Clicking the dlc gives me an error of some sort.

anddo0

Man this game is beautiful. Only 5 months after the console launch. I can't wait to see what we get in the future.

EDIT: Also all of my DLC errored out. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that.

I noticed the game throws you right in. I'm not ready to start yet.

Do me a favor. Can you go to the main menu (when the game finally gives you control) and check to see if there is any type of DLC options. I had the same dlc download errors. The webstore doesn't give you an option to re-download, only retry, and even that doesn't work.

In my download notification area there is nothing. However I found that download is still going if I go into:

Main PS4 menu > Infamous:SS > Options button > Information

There it lists current size of installation, with live tracker of the download status. Weird that there is nothing in Notification area.

Yeah, found it.

actually thing it's better to have it there since it's where all the information you need outside of patch notes, they can't really put the download where the play button was when the intial part was set. Took me less than 2 hours to download it completely

Do me a favor. Can you go to the main menu (when the game finally gives you control) and check to see if there is any type of DLC options. I had the same dlc download errors. The webstore doesn't give you an option to re-download, only retry, and even that doesn't work.
turn/put on standbye your PS4 then turn it back on and that MIGHT work to force it to redownload

Lucent

Nope. Not seeing anything in the menu for that. And yeah when you start the game it automatically loads it for you like GTA.

GHG

For those of your who had trouble downloading the DLC and are not sure if they downloaded properly:

Press options when hovering over infamous, go to update history and it should then tell you if the DLC is added to the game.

Teletraan1

Banned
With the price hike on games in Canada sadly I will never buy a game at launch out of principal. 69.99 on a digital store has to be some sort of joke. I guess I will enjoy this if I ever see it for cheap or someone hacks PSN and i get it for free.

Lucent

For those of your who had trouble downloading the DLC and are not sure if they downloaded properly:

Press options when hovering over infamous, go to update history and it should then tell you if the DLC is added to the game.

I just have Paper Trail, Cole's Legacy, and "Other Bug Fixes". Nothing about the extra jackets.

So after the initial 5GB download is complete and you hit the point in the game where you can't continue because it hasn't downloaded enough, do you have to wait for the entire game to finish downloading, or is there just some threshold that needs to be reached?

anddo0

turn/put on standbye your PS4 then turn it back on and that MIGHT work to force it to redownload

Nope. Not seeing anything in the menu for that. And yeah when you start the game it automatically loads it for you like GTA.

I just have Paper Trail, Cole's Legacy, and "Other Bug Fixes". Nothing about the extra jackets.

Thanks.

I see the extra missions, no jackets. I only care about the missions anyway.

With the price hike on games in Canada sadly I will never buy a game at launch out of principal. 69.99 on a digital store has to be some sort of joke. I guess I will enjoy this if I ever see it for cheap or someone hacks PSN and i get it for free.

Yeah it's something else ain't it. But in all honesty I don't mind spending a little more if it's what they need. Games aren't going to get any cheaper to produce

lucius

Mine says:
"PaperTrail" Free Bonus Missions
"Cole's Legacy" PreOrder Missions and Content

So is that everything we were suppose to get, just I saw 6 items in download list that had errors.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Bah, didn't auto-download the game. Had to do it manually just now before heading out to work. Thought it should have. Checked all the settings including those in power save. Strange.

jwk94

Still trying to get the digital version to load. This is incredibly disappointing. Hopefully it loads when the game is finished downloading.

Mudo

Hey everyone! I don't want to read too much in this thread but I want to download the game today with my PS4 on standby. Can I buy it on the Sony web store or whatever it's called, and it will download today and be ready to play tonight when I get home? I've never done that before but I think I heard it's possible??

Hey everyone! I don't want to read too much in this thread but I want to download the game today with my PS4 on standby. Can I buy it on the Sony web store or whatever it's called, and it will download today and be ready to play tonight when I get home? I've never done that before but I think I heard it's possible??

yea that is
(should be)
possible!

Lucent

Well, that's strange. My game let me play up to
the checkpoint where you get your finger scanned after you help your brother up
and it popped up with "Estimated time remaining: 1:20:30" and "47%".

I guess the part I was about to get into hasn't finished downloading. Well I guess I'll leave it on so it can finish downloading and go to bed.

Pop

Yes

-Digits-

Does this game not autosave? When I finally manually saved my game, I didn't see an autosave file present.

It does. They don't show up when you manually save but you can see them when you try to load. I had two different auto saves when I manually saved last night.

leng jai

I'm kinda surprised Sucker Punch didn't try to add some variety to the content. A few hours in and it really is just a very good next gen Infamous (which isn't a bad thing) which doesn't do much to entice players who weren't all that fond of the originals.

The visuals remind me of the PC version of Sleeping Dogs on steroids.

Finally figured out how to remote download from PSN via the PLAYSTATION App, first time doing it too, very cool.

Can't wait to get home early this afternoon and play this shiiit!

Ardenyal

If you have enabled the standby download thingy during first setup or later in the settings then it's possible.

d00d3n

I played the introduction yesterday, and I have to say that the criticism in the Edge review is on the money regarding the section. It is impossible to understand the reasoning behind beginning with the awful touchpad mini game. The implementation of the ps4 touchpad functionality felt really sloppy overall and was overused in repeated contextual actions. The constant invisible walls were very annoying, but I guess that was needed considering the linearity of the section. The jumping mechanics felt hilariously unrealistic when you were supposed to be just an ordinary human before getting your powers, but made more sense when you were powered up. I think the introduction leaves a quite bad impression of the game, except the non-interactive cutscenes which look really nice (are they in-game or videos? my ps4 was running really loud during them, so i guess in-game?).

Krisprolls

Banned
Bah, didn't auto-download the game. Had to do it manually just now before heading out to work. Thought it should have. Checked all the settings including those in power save. Strange.

I read a message from PS support yesterday. It seems you need to be a PS+ subscriber for it to download automatically as soon as it is available.

Then the internet option must be checked under power saving settings, and you must check automatic downloads too (I think it's under network settings).

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I read a message from PS support yesterday. It seems you need to be a PS+ subscriber for it to download automatically as soon as it is available.

Then the internet option must be checked under power saving settings, and you must check automatic downloads too (I think it's under network settings).

That's the thing. I have all that checked, and I'm a PS+ subscriber. I've even auto downloaded titles when away from home and the ps4 was in standby since the PS4 launched. I was shocked when I woke up the the download hadn't started. Odd.

So is this game awesome or what? What'd I tell you guys :).

You think the game is awesome now? Just wait until you get the third power. Holy mother of god.

The first person that reaches the third power will shit their pants.

darkwing

didn't work for me, but it's ok, did it via the PS App

Played it for about two hours.

First hour was great, but now I´m in Seattle and it´s kind of same old Infamous again.

I´m gonna finish it, but I can see where the reviewers are coming from.

Great looking game!
I feel the opposite. I feel the first hour is a lot more confined and restrictive. Once I reached Seattle the game opened up and felt like Infamous, which is a good thing, screw the reviewers.

I've never played an Infamous game before.

I'm enjoying SS a lot. It reminds me of a mix between SR4 and Red Faction Guerrilla.

Which is a very good thing indeed.

Just put about 2 hours into it. Cleared out the Queens Bee or whatever that first district is. Really liking the game so far. Feels like an enhanced version of the older games which is good. Gotta give props to PSN, got my download totally done in like 2 hours. Won't get back to it till next Tuesday though. With my Fri, Sat, Sun work week Friday games are a bitch (damn you Nintendo and Sony first party games). Figure Monday I'll polish off DS2 then jump full time into this on Tuesday.

Just got my copy! Didn't expect it at all since Tesco Direct said it will be delivered 25th of March.

Now, I shall wear my benie and enjoy my powers.

psychotron

Can't wait to get home and play this bad boy today! Although I still have things to do in Ground Zeroes. PS4 has too many games!!!

Top Bottom