• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Finally got it to download. Showed up as $0 on the webstore.

Sony really needs to figure this stuff out like every other company already has.

SmoothCB

Yeah downloading now!... but like a day estimated to download.

It seems that my psn is throttled here in China. Any tips on speeding it up?

Schryver

Working now! My first full price digital game, how exiting! Just wish I wouldn't have forgot about the free $10 deal lol. Oh we'll can't wait for when I wake up. Having surgery yesterday has its perks o_O

jeanRicK

Showed up as a $0 purchase on the web store for me too. It's finally downloading now though.

If I put the ps4 in standby now, will it go ahead and download the complete game? (It's only showing the 5GB download right now)

Sanke__

Showed up as a $0 purchase on the web store for me too. It's finally downloading now though.

If I put the ps4 in standby now, will it go ahead and download the complete game? (It's only showing the 5GB download right now)

Yes
It will download the full game and install the patch

Preloading is apparently coming in April so hopefully this is the last big release that's going to suffer this way.
I hope so. It's a huge black mark on an otherwise great console.

At least I've always gotten really good speeds on PSN. Only a 15 minute download for me!

JayEH

I'm almost finished downloading the first 5 gigs now. Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with the pre-order DLC not being able to download yet. Hopefully it will be able to work once the game is downloaded...

On a side note, I realized I just got promoted to member!

I'm almost finished downloading the first 5 gigs now. Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with the pre-order DLC not being able to download yet. Hopefully it will be able to work once the game is downloaded...

On a side note, I realized I just got promoted to member!

Welcome!

Yeah good to know some of my DLC didn't download either

Got it going. About 20 mins. left till the 5GBs is downloaded. I love being in Hawaii when it comes to digital releases. I can still play a lot until I have to go to beddy bye for work. Between MGSV and InFamous:SS this week, it's been a great week in videogames. Hell, it's been a great month too as TitanFall dropped as well. 3 fantastic games I'm interested in 1 month.

GHG

The time to download this is getting longer and longer.

When it 1st started it was saying 25 minutes.

Now with 1.5GB downloaded its saying 45 minutes.

What gives...

GHG

And here I am having to wait until 10am for Gamestop to open.

At this rate you'll be playing before most of us will.

I'm happy to go all digital but Sony really isn't ready for this. They need to take some lessons from Steam.

Mengetsu

Does anyones headset app look like this? I don't want to start the game till I have it :(

original

Gurish

This is my first full download from PS4s PSN, i guess it's only needs to dl 5 GB to play although the game is 21 GB right?

Is it recommended to play before the full 21 GB finished with all the updates?

I remembered that Thief had a streaming issues with some of it's textures when it wasn't fully installed.

I get the download button, but PSN just crashes back to XMB for me when i hit it. My system has the most recent update applied.

Force it to download through the PSN Marketplace website on your PC or Phone app, sign in, "Purchase" it again for 0.00 and confirm. Then download to Ps4. Then wait...

Sanke__

Tried it, no luck :(

Yeah, I've tried this but the Purchase option just isn't there for me on the web store. I'll keep trying. thanks for the help.

Doesn't work for some reason if you click on it on the homepage of the web store

Going into the ps4 then day 1 digital section then going to the game from there worked for me

For those who were able to get the game finally going via the webstore (I was able to)...anyone else have trouble getting the pre-order dlc downloading? The game and update file are downloading/downloaded fine, but the dlc says "cannot download"?

Whooter

For those who were able to get the game finally going via the webstore (I was able to)...anyone else have trouble getting the pre-order dlc downloading? The game and update file are downloading/downloaded fine, but the dlc says "cannot download"?

I believe the main game must be downloaded and installed before downloading/installing the DLC.

A_Deputy

Neo Member
For anyone who preordered Infamous digitally through Gamestop, did you get your code for it yet? Or any other retailer for that matter.

Top Bottom