• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Dinjooh

What better way to show your appreciation to the good people at Sucker Punch than to buy an early leaked version from the back of an eBay trunk from a guy named Cheetah!
Then break the embargo by posting reviews and pictures!

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-10.gif

Here you go, don't be mad spoony.

41LfibO.jpg

Paskil

Great OT. Can't wait for next Friday.

Was sorely tempted to buy one of those ebay copies that popped up the other night, but I buy my games through Amazon for several reasons.

The only thing I was worried about was this game having only style and no substance but after reading a couple of impressions it seems like that's not the case.

Ploid 3.0

What better way to show your appreciation to the good people at Sucker Punch than to buy an early leaked version from the back of an eBay trunk from a guy named Cheetah!
Then break the embargo by posting reviews and pictures!

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-10.gif

At least they are getting uncontrollable, exciting word of mouth. Though it's easy to not spoil it for people, think of it like people holding back the red wedding (not to say there's a situation like that to be spoiled, just using a example). People want to see everyone's genuine reactions when they get to see it themselves.

Not to over hype it, but it's actually a beautiful game, and it's open world, with no sluggish movement like GTA4. Super powers in a seemingly solid framerate open world game, and people loved the freedom of Saints Row 4 on console even with it's framerate problems. Heck I had a bit of a framerate problem on PC too and still loved the freedom.

spoonman

Banned
I don't know why you are trying to make us feel guilty.

You should be guilt tripping the people in the spoiler thread since spoilers is what sucker punch has a problem with.

All the reviews and pictures here don't contain spoilers, so I don't see a problem.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty.

SuckerPunch specifically asked people to please hold off until the official launch date before spreading media and information from leaked copies is all.

inFAMOUS is one of my favorite series of games and I can't wait to play this. I could have purchased from him as well, but decided to play by the rules because Sucker Punch is worth it and then some.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Best looking console game, period.

And there won't be an open world game on any platform that looks this good, at least until Arkham Knight or The Witcher 3 comes out.

I am having a very hard time arguing your point, I think Arkham has great potential as it is not held back by last gen consoles (See WatchDogs) I also agree... the Witcher III will probably melt eyeballs. Also some of the later levels in KillzoneSF are just ridiculous.

Twinduct

Ooo getting excited as hell now. Friend is flying back from the states on Monday with my PS4 in tow. Next week is looking crazy decent. Birthday on Wednesday, PW & Infamous by Friday. Not to mention all the other PS4 goodies I missed. Resogun!

Bless Amazon's heart for not fucking up the order to the hotel.

SuckerPunch specifically asked people to please hold off until the official launch date before spreading media and information from leaked copies is all.

inFAMOUS is one of my favorite series of games and I can't wait to play this. I could have purchased from him as well, but decided to play by the rules because Sucker Punch is worth it and then some.

Can't disagree with that even though the leaked media so far has only cemented my purchase more.

The IQ is fucking amazing. Whole game looks fantastic and it's open world. I can't wait to see it on my tv though. Been avoiding too many videos.

Every time I come back to this thread I keep seeing good things. I can't wait for this game. These shots, are amazing thanks for sharing guy's.

Eugh, so excited for this. I know I won't be one of the lucky ones to get it early either.

Definitely going evil first. I played through the first two games as evil (never did finish my inFamous 2 good playthrough...) and I just love supervillains in general.

A man of the same ilk as myself. Apocalypse & Thanos r way more interesting than their adversaries

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I can't wait for the review embargo to be over. I could see this becoming the new top reviewed PS4 exclusive.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Had to spoil myself...

dat new power 0.0 ... this game is going to be fucking ridiculously fun. I'm moving on Sunday and then getting settled in over the next two days before going back to work on wed. It'll be a tiring rough fucking week but i get rewarded with a gem on friday night! Booooooosh all over ...

You want 9.0s? cause this is how you get 9.0s... archer.gif

viveks86

Come on now. Please read what Sucker Punch said. They are referring to spoiler footage that is ruining the experience for day one gamers. This thread is dialing hype to 11 with almost no spoilers at all. Your point is perfectly valid on the spoiler thread. Not here. Relax, enjoy your new beanie and join us in celebrating the awesomeness that is inFAMOUS! :)

viveks86

I would assume as loud as it is when running Killzone or most game. Not loud at all almost inaudible.

Killzone was the loudest for me. There is hardly any ambient noise in my apartment, so my PS4 is quite load while playing Killzone. The others, not as much, even though I can still hear it. Was wondering where inFAMOUS would rank. Will find out on the 22nd (yes. 22nd, don't ask), I guess.

Can anyone tell me if the sound is better?? I always found the sound in the infamous games to be pretty barren.

Through my 5.1 speakers it sounds awesome. I don't know what you mean by barren all I can say is that when previewers talked about the lack of oomph when shooting, I don't think that's the case at all. Ask me specifically what you mean and I will check it out for you.

Question - How loud is the PS4 while running this beast?

About Killzone Shadowfall levels, only noticed the noise when I was uploading pics and it wasn't loud at all.

Dinjooh

Through my 5.1 speakers it sounds awesome. I don't know what you mean by barren all I can say is that when previewers talked about the lack of oomph when shooting, I don't think that's the case at all. Ask me specifically what you mean and I will check it out for you.

About Killzone Shadowfall levels, only noticed the noise when I was uploading pics and it wasn't loud at all.

If you played inFamous 1&2 you might've noticed that the city was absolutely silent if you just stood around and did nothing. Literally the only thing you could hear while standing on a rooftop was crickets on inFAMOUS 2.

Did that somehow change?

Daingurse

Step dad just bought a PS4, score! So I'm going to pre-order this. Won't even be so bad having it in the living room, because I own a Vita.

Now the first PS4 game I'll own, will be the first PS4 game that was about to make me salty.

Top Bottom