• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Hope this works

1979980_10203498015870178_423492777_o.jpg

Wow that almost looks like a super sampled bullshot! This is mind-blowing for a first gen game, the fact it's also open world is just ridiculous.

Ploid 3.0

Wow that almost looks like a super sampled bullshot! This is mind-blowing for a first gen game, the fact it's also open world is just ridiculous.

And the thing is that it's open world, with fast moving abilities, particles and chaos happening all around, multiple enemies doing their thing, pedestrians running and screaming, things blowing up, post processed effects filling up the screen, and it seem like it's not breaking a sweat.

GTA5 should be a snack for this gen platforms. With devs making more and more open world games, will Rockstar be able to keep up?

Eugh, so excited for this. I know I won't be one of the lucky ones to get it early either.

Definitely going evil first. I played through the first two games as evil (never did finish my inFamous 2 good playthrough...) and I just love supervillains in general.

Is that really in-game and not a bullshot? There is no aliasing, and that would be indeed almost too impressive to believe.

Took a picture with PSN I dunno how it could bullshot it lol. You can definitely see aliasing in other scenes though, like on the cars for example.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's open world game so you are sure to find some blemishes, but it looks that good. Here are a couple more shots, me blowing some stuff up and subduing someone.

1658257_10203498261276313_1160957728_o.jpg

1415194_10203498281716824_348924462_o.jpg

Looks amazing! Just be sure not to post any pictures of unrevealed stuff in here, okay? That's what the spoiler thread is for.

Ploid 3.0

Man you guys are drooling on pictures, so many people will be found a bit breathless as they realize what they are playing and stop to take a look at it all. This may be one of those games where you end up spamming the "take screen shot" button. Gaf may need a thread just for this. Glitches, beauty, and all.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Yes that is really in-game! WordsintheWater just got the game today and is taking this right from his PS4.

Holy damn. Still, the aliasing is probably just covered by the JPEG compression. Even so, very impressive.

Man you guys are drooling on pictures, so many people will be found a bit breathless as they realize what they are playing and stop to take a look at it all. This may be one of those games where you end up spamming the "take screen shot" button. Gaf may need a thread just for this. Glitches, beauty, and all.

Well we have the next gen screenshot thread, but you're right. By the time this releases there is gonna be sooo many gorgeous, beautiful shots. Having a screenshot thread dedicated solely to Infamous might be necessary.

vooglie

This may not be the place for it, but Ubi is gonna have a tough time in its hands trying to sell Watch Dogs next to this. I mean I get that it's cross-gen etc. but it will be coming in May and be competing with this:

It's open world game so you are sure to find some blemishes, but it looks that good. Here are a couple more shots, me blowing some stuff up and subduing someone.

1658257_10203498261276313_1160957728_o.jpg

1415194_10203498281716824_348924462_o.jpg

GeoramA

So is it safe to officially say that this is the best looking open world game on console?
Best looking console game, period.

And there won't be an open world game on any platform that looks this good, at least until Arkham Knight or The Witcher 3 comes out.

The_Monk

Refreshing the last pages did absolutely nothing to decrease my already big hype since I left the Sucker Punch Event today. You are not helping at all my good GAFfers, and those pictures are indeed amazing. HNNNG!

Any non spoilery feedback regarding the game?

Really liking it so far, definitely makes you feel more powerful than previous inFamous games. Was really worried about the destruction, but there is plenty to destroy. Fighting the DUP guys with powers is a joy because of the destruction it creates on the streets. haven't gotten too far in the game yet, but I'm definitely having more fun than the previous games.

Well we have the next gen screenshot thread, but you're right. By the time this releases there is gonna be sooo many gorgeous, beautiful shots. Having a screenshot thread dedicated solely to Infamous might be necessary.

You just know the screenshot thread going to be taken over by infamous SS pics .
I also expect to see some awesome looking gifs in time .

spoonman

Banned
What better way to show your appreciation to the good people at Sucker Punch than to buy an early leaked version from the back of an eBay trunk from a guy named Cheetah!
Then break the embargo by posting reviews and pictures!

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-10.gif

Looks amazing! Just be sure not to post any pictures of unrevealed stuff in here, okay? That's what the spoiler thread is for.

I'm staying away from the spoiler thread myself, so don't worry I won't be posting any pictures that spoil anything. Those are all just me running around causing havoc.

Loudninja

What better way to show your appreciation to the good people at Sucker Punch than to buy an early leaked version from the back of an eBay trunk from a guy named Cheetah!

gif
Its the same area we seen so I am find with that.

lmbotiva

regardless of the early leaks they're still getting the money from those early buyers so yeah, people is indeed showing their appreciation, so greatly in fact that went ahead and got the game a week before release and didn't wait for a price drop or sale

Who posted a review and these are pictures of the same area everyone has seen, I haven't posted anything that isn't readily available for someone to watch on the videos Sony posted.

Really liking it so far, definitely makes you feel more powerful than previous inFamous games. Was really worried about the destruction, but there is plenty to destroy. Fighting the DUP guys with powers is a joy because of the destruction it creates on the streets. haven't gotten too far in the game yet, but I'm definitely having more fun than the previous games.

Sounds good, thanks. I'm really looking forward to messing around with all the powers.

Cheetah could have bought them legit in the first place...maybe...hopefully...probably....not

I don't know why you are trying to make us feel guilty.

You should be guilt tripping the people in the spoiler thread since spoilers is what sucker punch has a problem with.

All the reviews and pictures here don't contain spoilers, so I don't see a problem.

Pat_DC

Who posted a review and these are pictures of the same area everyone has seen, I haven't posted anything that isn't readily available for someone to watch on the videos Sony posted.

Also they are getting everyone even more excited for the game so I don't think it's a disrespect in any way, how good the game looks is only helping sell it. My ps4 needs this game.

Top Bottom