• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I tried putting in the preordet code, but it said there was an error with the store. And there's also no download history on this thing. I searched for it in the store, but nothing popped up. How fucked am I?

I continue to laugh at everyone who thinks all digital is a viable way to game on a console lol.

Edit: I realize I have no idea if you bought the game digitally, your comment just reminded me of the difficulty in downloading a popular title on launch day.

Yeah, I didn't buy digital at all. I can't enter the code that came with my physical copy.

Duxxy3

I really shouldn't look through this thread. My resistance in not wanting to pay around £50 for it wears away more and more with every post I read.

do-it.png

BashNasty

Anyone else find the sound mix to be a little off? Loving the game so far, but things like melee hits and some explosions sound overly quiet. Playing on a 5.1 setup set to home theater.

Certinty

Played around 90 minutes and it's so much better than the first 2 games. If you didn't like those games but love superhero games overall I would definitely say give this a try. So far it's definitely the best open world superhero game I've played since the Xbox/PS2 gen.

For those who thought the first core relay was weird:
Delsin walked up to it curious with his hand out, I'm assuming to touch it, and then automatically absorbed the power from it. So he didn't know what it was beforehand.

I think what struck me is, what is a core relay and why did he know what it was called?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I think what struck me is, what is a core relay and why did he know what it was called?

Yeah, once I got to the 2nd core relay after that, I found it weird he knew what they were called. I didn't remember that in my first playthrough.

After playing (and streaming) the first half hour of gameplay, I loved that
Delsin is Native American and they incorporated the tribe into his story
. That generally doesn't happen in games, so to see it on such an important game in Sony's arsenal in my opinion is huge.

There really aren't
many ethnic groups covered as far (as the main characters go)
in video games, so it's nice to see. :D

Sorry if this point was already brought up.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Does this game kick up the ps4 fans for anyone else?

I went through two copies of the game with Gamestop. First refused to load, and second just whined and whined. Third times the charm. And thank goodness. This game looks fucking ridiculous. The facial and body animations. . .holy shit. This is to say nothing about the voice acting. I'm nowhere really in the game but the antagonist has just that right amount of chutzpah that you like from your villains. So good so far.

I also like how the Good/Evil decisions are pretty damn clearly laid out for you.

Mononoke

Banned
I just bought my friend this game + 3 months of PS + because he got fired from his job recently, and was bummed he couldn't get this. I was enjoying this game so much, I really wanted him to experience it too. Suckerpunch really delivered!

Korezo

Are limited son edition for people who pre ordered on GameStop or for launch day buyers, because if it's for pre orders I just won't buy the game. I hate when companies do this dumb shit.

Mononoke

Banned
Yep, it's constantly audible here during gameplay

I haven't heard my fans once when playing this game. I know there was a thread on this a while back, but I swear I've never had my fans get louder on my PS4. Ever since launch, I've never heard it. My system is pretty close to me too (I have a 50 inch Plasma in my room, and my PS4 sits under it on a glass shelf, and I'm only a couple feet from it.

Maybe it's because I have a surround sound system that blocks it out, I'll try to mute everything and listen. But I've just never had an issue with fans getting louder.

EDIT: I know it's a problem though, as I've read a lot of people experiencing this. I wonder if it's different PS4 to PS4 (so it's a build issue).

Fletcher

So far it's alright. Graphics look good, but the story is pretty cheesy so far.

This is the first time I've used the ps4 controller for an extended length of time and I must say, as someone who HATED the ps3 controller, this new controller is pretty great.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Haven't gone through the whole thread, but I've heard there are streaming issues if you buy the game digitally? I thought all PS4 games had to be installed entirely on the HDD to play...

So I just started the game and the graffiti thing is really cool but is there any way to change the controls for it? I don't get why up and down are inverted. Shouldn't it be like I'm standing there doing it?

MAD Polo

Neo Member
I caved in and picked this up. I wasn't a huge fan of the first two, but I guess I'm a sucker. Can't wait to get off of work.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So I just started the game and the graffiti thing is really cool but is there any way to change the controls for it? I don't get why up and down are inverted. Shouldn't it be like I'm standing there doing it?

Huh? Pretty sure they're not inverted.

It's strange that everything in the world that should reflect does but none of it actually reflects your character. With everything looking so good it's such a blatant omission.

Loving the game so far though and I played maybe 30 minutes of inFamous 1 and never played the copy of inFamous 2 my girlfriend bought me (mostly for herself lol)

Raven77

For those that have played a decent amount of this. I want to post what I disliked most about Infamous 1 (only played the first), to see if they corrected or at least changed some of these gripes:

1. Cole was a horribly boring character. Didn't care about him at all.

2. Didn't really like the "graphic novel" approach to the story but I didn't hate it.

3. The enemies were basically accurate with their shots to the point of it being hilariously bad.

4. The city felt ugly and boring. I didn't enjoy playing in that environment at all.

5. Enemies were boring, just not interesting to fight or to look at.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
guys stop hyping this game, isn't suppose to be beautiful but so so in the gameplay department?

:(

darkwing

It is, just saw that it said it was added the preorder content. I out in the code and "downloaded" it before I technically updated it. I'm guessing I'm good to go?

check the Related Items section in the game screen area, it displays what DLC stuff you have for the game

For those that have played a decent amount of this. I want to post what I disliked most about Infamous 1 (only played the first), to see if they corrected or at least changed some of these gripes:

1. Cole was a horribly boring character. Didn't care about him at all.

2. Didn't really like the "graphic novel" approach to the story but I didn't hate it.

3. The enemies were basically accurate with their shots to the point of it being hilariously bad.

4. The city felt ugly and boring. I didn't enjoy playing in that environment at all.

5. Enemies were boring, just not interesting to fight or to look at.

1. Delsin is an awesome character that you care about. He's way better than Cole.

2. There are only few of those in this game. But they are really well done.

3. The enemies are still very accurate.

4. Seattle is definitely not ugly or boring. It's dense and full of atmosphere and I really enjoyed that.

5. The enemy variety isn't great in this game, but they are fun to fight.

How long is this game?

It took me 14 hours to beat the game on good. It took 19 hours to 100% it.

and it took me around 30 hours to get the platinum (which included beating it again on evil on expert mode).

Top Bottom