• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Normally I get off at 5, but because the developers decided that this was a prime week to give us a new project that needs to be checked for balance issues, we're here until 8 this week, which means I don't get home until 9:30 thanks to dat sweet LA traffic!

I won't be playing SS until at least 10, if I'm lucky. :(

It's going to be a long day at work today! At least no weekend OT.

crying-waterfalls.gif

Tagging in case spoilerish (happens in first 30 mins of the game) but

Did anyone find there was like no explanation given for blast shards or core relays? I came across a glowing blue thing and Delsin was just like "Cool, Core Relay!" and absorbed it. Loving the game otherwise but wondering if I missed something there

Muffdraul

10:30 AM, the mail guy just delivered my copy to my office. Now I suddenly feel as if I'm getting a tummy ache and need to go home early, get some rest...

GeeDuhb

I ordered the game for Amazon release day delivery months ago, and the game is in my state as of 9 AM. However, I just got a notification that it will not be delivered until Monday. I'm not exactly a happy camper. ;__;

So Amazon is pretty damn awesome. I have been a Prime member for 5+ years and have had countless release date delivery games shipped to me without a hitch. I got a message about an hour ago that my package might have a delivery exception and be delayed. I looked, and UPS shipped it to the wrong place, so it has to be rerouted and I now too have a Monday release date.

I went to chat with them cause I was obviously frustrated (especially seeing as I could order another copy right now and pay $9 for Saturday delivery, or just order it normally with Prime shipping and get it on Sunday, because I am in LA and they are doing Sunday delivery here.)

The person apologized and immediately set up another copy of the game to be shipped for delivery tomorrow. This was just the standard limited edition, so if you had the collectors edition pre-ordered there might not be much they can do.

I am a huge Amazon fan and I love them even more now. This was not even their problem (it was a UPS issue) and they still fixed it for me without question!

Moral of the story:

If you have a problem with an Amazon order, contact them!

A question to those who already have the game and played it: How is the camera compared to the previous games? I haven't finished the original game and inFAMOUS 2 has been installed on my PS3 for a long time but hasn't been played that much. As much as I would love to keep playing them for hours, I couldn't because the camera moves too fast and that causes terrible motion sickness for me. I'm really hoping that this is no longer the case for Second Son. Can anybody tell me how it is in I:SS? I still pre-ordered the game and I'm unlikely to cancel that regardless of how the camera moves.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
A question to those who already have the game and played it: How is the camera compared to the previous games? I haven't finished the original game and inFAMOUS 2 has been installed on my PS3 for a long time but hasn't been played that much. As much as I would love to keep playing them for hours, I couldn't because the camera moves too fast and that causes terrible motion sickness for me. I'm really hoping that this is no longer the case for Second Son. Can anybody tell me how it is in I:SS? I still pre-ordered the game and I'm unlikely to cancel that regardless of how the camera moves.

They slowed it down. Actually sometimes it feels the camera is too sluggish and stiff.

Gurish

Did anyone find there was like no explanation given for blast shards or core relays? I came across a glowing blue thing and Delsin was just like "Cool, Core Relay!" and absorbed it. Loving the game otherwise but wondering if I missed something there
Yea i agree, i played the first hour and although writing is great and the scenes looks awesome (great acting and facial expression) the story is a mess so far.

Aesius

This game is extremely impressive.

Certainly the best console graphics so far, I can't believe how good it looks. A considerable step up from KZ, despite being open world.

I'm really enjoying the tone of the writing and the character.

I think the previous games have taken way too long before you feel bad ass, this is like within the first hour you feel like a super hero, it's really cool.

Not played much, but wow, awesome game.

I have a pretty decent gaming PC, and I would actually say that this game has, in certain areas, the most impressive visuals I've ever seen. It may not have perfect IQ, but the particle effects are amazing.

The Llama

I'm about an hour and a half in.
Just did the mission on the space needle.
Very good so far. I wish aiming was a little easier though, and the parkour/getting around the city could be a little better. But minor complaints.

JayEH

For those who had the "cannot download error" for the pre-order bonuses, I can confirm that it looks like it did download for me. Just pause the game and head over to the Delsin section of the pause screen then you can see your jackets.

Pop

I'll echo that Delsin is a great character. Love him

So I've been playing for about 2 hours now and I'm blown away. I'm really digging the art design in this and mix that with all sorts of colors in game, makes me very happy. Now the graphics, it's been covered enough but damn does it look amazing. Best yet. SS is really really fluid in motion, it's wonderful. I'm liking how all the moves seem really well part together, they work great for sick aerial kills. This is all with just smoke power too. I loved the first two Infamous games and SS takes everything great about those and improves upon them. So far so good. Best Ps4 game as of right now.

So yea, really loving it at the moment. Good playthrough

They slowed it down. Actually sometimes it feels the camera is too sluggish and stiff.

Thanks for answering, Frumix. I don't know if that's a good change since (as you said) the camera now feels stiff. On the other hand, this means that I should be able to play the game much longer without rushing to the toilet.

Hixx

Yea i agree, i played the first hour and although writing is great and the scenes looks awesome (great acting and facial expression) the story is a mess so far.

The story is comfortably my biggest complaint.

It's just... boring and poorly told.

Delsin is awesome.

One of my fav recent characters in a game. Love is personality and appearance.

haters be damned

I'm one of the people who absolutely loathed him before from showings because he did look like a smug douchebag.

After playing for only an hour I love him. He's a cool dude and it helps that Troy Baker is just that good

Yeah thought that was wierd also

I have a pretty decent gaming PC, and I would actually say that this game has, in certain areas, the most impressive visuals I've ever seen. It may not have perfect IQ, but the particle effects are amazing.

yea the game looks very impressive

but the most impressive by far is Planetside 2. 2000 players battling it out in the desert with shit flying everywhere and dynamic tod = mind blown

hydruxo

So the intro might be one of the best I've seen in a game in recent memory. Throws you right in the action and the villain is pretty intense. I'm like 30 minutes in and loving it already.

Carbonox

This game's impressive. Most of all the production values, acting, etc. Game feels fantastic to play and it's a huge difference from Infamous 2 which I only just came off of yesterday!

Aesthet1c

Man this game is so good. I'm only a couple hours in and I'm already loving it.

Remote play on this game is fantastic as well. All the buttons are mapped to good spots that aren't hard to tap. Much better than BF4 was.

Neifirst

Quick question re: DLC. There was a download code in the game itself, and I also got sent a code from Best Buy after I picked up my preorder copy. Are those codes for the same stuff? I only had time to install it and play for 15 minutes before I had to head back to work, so I wasn't sure exactly what I was getting.

So the intro might be one of the best I've ever seen in a game. Throws you right in the action and the villain is pretty intense. I'm like 30 minutes in and loving it already.

Ok the intro is pretty good in that it does throw you right in and gives you powers in no time flat but best ever in a game? Good lord no

Simzyy

So this is my first Infamous game. I brought the PS4 bundle just because I was looking for a reason to and the future of the console seems great.

I have to say this is a really fun game. Far better than I expected. Quality cut scenes, travelling around is fun (I'm not using fast travel as of yet) and game is harder than I was expecting which is keeping the combat interesting. I hear the story is a bit crap and that is a shame because I'm enjoying what I've seen so far.

Though wish I could customize Delsin a lot more. Not really feeling his look.

Lucifon

Just received the special edition here in the UK - what a complete cheap out. Cardboard box, with a cardboard disc holder and not even a manual in sight. Even more frustrating when the Coles legacy dlc is meant to be preorder dlc for everywhere but the UK - total crap! Hoping the game makes up for it, can't help but feel like the SE was a total waste though.

Does Best Buy not have the Cole's Legacy DLC? Cause the ad said preorders had it and the clerk says it has it, but inside is just something called Manga and Murder and I got no DLC.

This is irritating.

pablito

folks at work i feel your pain, but let me up the stakes. it's my last day at work, and there is nothing for me to do other than to give tips to my trainee if she has any questions. for the next 6 hours i'm just sitting around, saying goodbye to people, and sitting around some more.

cyen

OMFG - this game is gorgeous.

The visual effects are great but the IQ is not that good, i know that im spoiled by High End PC but i cant stand FXAA (or the post process that they used for it) because it really blurs the image, other than that it´s a really pretty game.

Sky Chief

Normally I get off at 5, but because the developers decided that this was a prime week to give us a new project that needs to be checked for balance issues, we're here until 8 this week, which means I don't get home until 9:30 thanks to dat sweet LA traffic!

I won't be playing SS until at least 10, if I'm lucky. :(

It's going to be a long day at work today! At least no weekend OT.

If it makes you feel any better I fucked up my elbow working out and will not be able to play this game for WEEKS even though it was just delivered. Played a bit of GZ the other day and it was a terrible idea.

pronk420

wow the intro to this drags on way too long, i remember 2 being similar, and i forget what the start of 1 was like. i walked out of the room for some of the cutscenes they were so boring.

pretty sure in the first hour or so i spent with this, i had a lot less time actually playing the game than the first hour i spent with ground zeroes..

once i got to the actual gameplay its great, i love the way the power works. just a shame they dropped the more cartoony art style of 1, i thought that suited it better.

can someone tell me if you ever get a power that lets you slide on the tram rails like you could in 1? i loved that mechanic. probably best to spoiler tag incase people are sensitive about that sort of thing..

Majanew

Banned
The visual effects are great but the IQ is not that good, i know that im spoiled by High End PC but i cant stand FXAA (or the post process that they used for it) because it really blurs the image, other than that it´s a really pretty game.

Uh, the IQ is one of the best things about the game. It's using SMAA 2TX.

todahawk

folks at work i feel your pain, but let me up the stakes. it's my last day at work, and there is nothing for me to do other than to give tips to my trainee if she has any questions. for the next 6 hours i'm just sitting around, saying goodbye to people, and sitting around some more.

Ugh, I have a staff meeting at 3:30 that should only take an hour and then I'm done....

Uhh the Limited Edition should say "Limited Edition" on the cover right? And isn't the cover supposed to be "foil" or something?

I preordered the LE on Amazon (since it was the default option anyway) and it just arrived but it looks like a normal version of the game. Doesn't say LE on the cover or anything.

I'm not far but based off how much I've played the game is def better than the reviews would make you think.

How games like Ass Creed and Tomb Raider could have better reviews than this is beyond me. Seems to fit the trend of non Naughty Dog sony games being underrated by the media. If this games was multiplat i guarantee it would be closer to a 90 average

Top Bottom