• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

VanWinkle

One thing I want to mention is that the sound is AMAZING. I am really blown away by it. So clear and varied, and the powers sound great.

hydruxo

BjRlCCHIEAA7YpL.jpg:large

I just stood in the street and stared at the rain gathering in puddles on the ground for a good couple minutes. Screenshots really don't do this game justice. It's gorgeous.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
One thing I want to mention is that the sound is AMAZING. I am really blown away by it. So clear and varied, and the powers sound great.

Yes. I really like the music as well.

By the way, if someone still needs an avatar:

iJYBXWM8JQvws.jpg

I like it so far, but damn for me the sound is awful and so far the writing is just as bad lol.

One thing I want to mention is that the sound is AMAZING. I am really blown away by it. So clear and varied, and the effects sound great.

... I'm on the "awesome" sound spectrum. I suggest people who say the sound sucks to go into the audio options and set it to the appropriate set-up, mine defaulted to some weak ass 2.1 or something, when I put it to Home Theatre 5.1 I melted.

Shin-Ra

The intro to this game, gawddamn. They managed to capture some of the subtle facial animation like L.A. Noire.

BjRlCCHIEAA7YpL.jpg:large

I just stood in the street and stared at the rain gathering in puddles on the ground for a good couple minutes. Screenshots really don't do this game justice. It's gorgeous.

I just wish there were actually water physics though. It's just so weird running thru water with nothing happening. but yea, it is beautiful as hell

RedAssedApe

Banned
Read that there is no more cover system and also no walking animation? Never played an infamous game...so is there no stealth component to these games.

Ugh...5 more hours of work before I can pick up my copy.

I don't wanna work...just want to play second son all day...

DNAbro

Read that there is no more cover system and also no walking animation? Never played an infamous game...so is there no stealth component to these games.

There's never been much a of a stealth component, and I completely forgot the old games even had cover.

(regarding stealth)
One of the powers has a stealth component

Ha. I didn't even realize that there was no cover mechanic. I never even thought to try it out, even though I played the previous ones. I think I prefer it this way, honestly.

There's not really any strong stealth mechanics so far that I've seen an hour or two in, but if you do get close to an enemy without them noticing you can take them out in one hit.

cjp

GAF, do I go and trade in a bunch of old PS3 games tomorrow and get SS?

With the amount I'd take I'd get SS for free with credit left over.

One half of me says no, you might want to replay them down the line...the other half of me says do it, they've been sat in a drawer for years anyway.

Help me make the right choice.

The Llama

Anyone else a bit disappointed with the framerate? Seems like too often its in the mid/high 20's rather than a constant 30. Maybe I'm just crazy though (or maybe I'm just confusing 30 FPS with a lower one).

Hedrush

One half of me says no, you might want to replay them down the line...the other half of me says do it, they've been sat in a drawer for years anyway.

Do it! You know you want to.

Sorry, kind of got glossed over but my question about clearing a zone...
Does tagging and I believe "spy" not show up on the mini-map? Or do they open up later in the game?

The visuals in this game are blowing me away. Everything from the detailed hand movement to the reflections, the neon, the particle effects, oh and the wet pavement. Oh the wet pavement. It really looks incredible, most "next gen" looking thing I think I've played.

Halfway through the campaign and loving it, feels a lot like Infamous 2 and that is okay by me, constantly fun to play.

GrayFoxPL

darkwing

do it, the wet pavement compels you

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is it just me or is anyone else getting an uncharted vibe from it, like it was made by ND
It's a big improvement over the originals that's for sure.

The game has been downloaded and waiting since this morning... just gotta finish these last few minutes of work, get home, and I should be playing within the hour.

It's been cool hearing GAF impressions but I have heard enough, I just wanna play.

Top Bottom