• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

If I don't get this game through the letterbox tomorrow, I swear I will have the biggest hissy fit. This thread makes waiting almost impossible.

PS4 capture uploaded to lovely imgur:

tumblr_mcg4iqsMGd1qhp1v5o1_500.gif

...in my pants

Carbonox

Just received the special edition here in the UK - what a complete cheap out. Cardboard box, with a cardboard disc holder and not even a manual in sight. Even more frustrating when the Coles legacy dlc is meant to be preorder dlc for everywhere but the UK - total crap! Hoping the game makes up for it, can't help but feel like the SE was a total waste though.

Yeah I was quite disappointed by the box too. Could have given us the actual game case along with the beanie. There is fucking room in it afterall. Box is really flimsy as well.

Ah well.

Duxxy3

The visual effects are great but the IQ is not that good, i know that im spoiled by High End PC but i cant stand FXAA (or the post process that they used for it) because it really blurs the image, other than that it´s a really pretty game.

Played Crysis 3 on my PC last year...

this looks better.

edit: yes, even better than killzone

Just went at lunch and picked up my copy at GameStop. Ready to dive in after work. They were sold out of extra copies and the only ones they had left were pre-orders. Can't wait to see how many this game ends up selling.

Frillen

I'm not far but based off how much I've played the game is def better than the reviews would make you think.

How games like Ass Creed and Tomb Raider could have better reviews than this is beyond me. Seems to fit the trend of non Naughty Dog sony games being underrated by the media. If this games was multiplat i guarantee it would be closer to a 90 average

You're not that far in but you're in a better position to shape an opinion compared to reviewers who have beaten the game (some twice)? You're already worse than the reviewers.

Anyway, the metacritic (81) isn't that far from what I would've given it (I've only beaten the good path though). Personally I would rate it an 8.5 or something. And last time I checked an 8.5 means great. What AC has over inFAMOUS is that as an open world game it's a much meatier game. Second Son is definitely more polished though.

jet1911

The game is really fun, I should try to evade a liitle bit more though. I'm dying a bit too much lol

These make me feel better. I was concerned the settings on my tv were off in the initial area because of how dark everything looked.

That's HDR for you. The third person camera really act like a camera when there's a light source right in front of it. It's a nice effect I think.

When I was talking about the animations earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1433067353605389&set=vb.100007064142138&type=2&theater

That's the kind of thing I don't really expect in a "next-gen" game.

You're not that far in but you're in a better position to shape an opinion compared to reviewers who have beaten the game (some twice)? You're already worse than the reviewers.

Anyway, the metacritic (81) isn't that far from what I would've given it (I've only beaten the good path though). Personally I would rate it an 8.5 or something. And last time I checked an 8.5 means great.

I don't need to be far to tell that the writing, gameplay mechanics, graphics, and presentation are shit ton better than those other 2 games. It's far more challenging too which is important in a videogame to me.

andycapps

Picked up my copy this afternoon at Best Buy. Gonna be at least 7 hours until I can play it though due to picking up my daughter at school, then my workouts, making dinner.. Man it sucks being an adult.

I really enjoyed the game so far. It's really fun to just messing around and traversing across the city feels fluid.

And for some reason I really like the graffiti missions.

Hystzen

Just got neon and I'm in love.

Best in series so far but I'm not a hug fan of the series so not sure my view is enough hype people

Nymphae

Banned
Looks like it. Just got the game and I can't enter my code.

I continue to laugh at everyone who thinks all digital is a viable way to game on a console lol.

Edit: I realize I have no idea if you bought the game digitally, your comment just reminded me of the difficulty in downloading a popular title on launch day.

ieatzombies

As a drummer,
I can appreciate delsin's pat on his legs! I annoyed so many teachers and colleagues with this on itch!
As a seattle/oregon/northwest folk, it's really nailing everything. Taking off the honeymoon shades. This is a game that will be great on repeat playthroughs! Not to mention, I actually give a shit about the characters and story with just 30 minutes in!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
For those who thought the first core relay was weird:
Delsin walked up to it curious with his hand out, I'm assuming to touch it, and then automatically absorbed the power from it. So he didn't know what it was beforehand.

Ryu751

Banned
Game looks and feels great. I love the touch pad stuff. Gameplay is meh though. I liked Infamous, but didn't love it on PS3. I hate running from a battle to replenish powers kills the excitement.

antipod

Finally it is released! (here in Sweden) And sadly I just had time to play as far as
the tunnel on the way to Seattle
before the hockey game started on TV.

Ahh well, there's a night to sit up and play during... :)

So far it has been really good. Really great graphics and the IQ is superb.

rc6886

Unconfirmed Member
Is the IQ as clean as Shadow Fall's? Or comparable considering SS is open world?

I'd say the image quality is a lot better. Especially as far as effects, textures, lighting, particles, etc.

I mean the graphics were good, but I wasn't "wow'ed" when I was playing it. Although, that may speak more so to the art/level design of the games if anything. Killzone was pretty bland in that regard as I felt a lot of the levels were very generic, although it did have its moments as far as graphics are concerned.

And from what little I've seen of Second Son, Sucker Punch must have some amazing artists.

Gazkapop

I really shouldn't look through this thread. My resistance in not wanting to pay around £50 for it wears away more and more with every post I read.

I continue to laugh at everyone who thinks all digital is a viable way to game on a console lol.

Edit: I realize I have no idea if you bought the game digitally, your comment just reminded me of the difficulty in downloading a popular title on launch day.

I bought it digitally all of the preorder and exclusive vest DLC was included with the main game download. The only bad thing about the process is that the it became available to download at 12:01 am pacific. I live in the Atlantic time zone so I had to set an alarm at 4am to download the game so it would be ready when I woke up. I really had no problems with the download.

Top Bottom