• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

StuBurns

Banned
This game really is awesome.

I'm already hoping for a time of day toggle for post-game though, the opening oppressive tone is a lot cooler than the second one.

Movement around the city using only smoke at this point is silky smooth. You quickly unlock double dash making building traversal a breeze. So damn good.

Found a use for my Beanie :)

ud4AgHJ.jpg

Awesome. You have to tweet that pic with neon powers to SP.

Atrophis

Best looking console game ever. Not just technically, the art direction is phenomenal. If you told me Naught Dog made this I'd believe you. The powers feel great, traversing the city and seeing the sights is fun by itself. Has really great voice acting too even if the script isn't top tier.

Anyone with a PS4 who doesn't have this is doing it wrong.

Duallusion

So yeah, this is fun and I barely scratched the surface!

I can already see I'll miss the New Game Plus option for the third playthrough, just like I knew I would. I want to hit *all* of the outposts/mission with *everything* at my disposal (after good/bad karma runs), damnit.

lucius

I think I messed up the brightness settings. Can someone check how many bars the default brightness should be on the options menu, is it 5 or 4?

I pretty sure the default was 5 but I turned it down to 4 bars, and my TV is calibrated right with test images. But it's probably a matter of preference.

DieH@rd

Banned
This... is the reason why I bought PS4.

MGS5 and Infamous in 3 days, both with incredible visual styles. But goddamn, Infamous looks so fine.

AC Unity and Division are much more "achievable" on nextgen today than they were yesterday. :D

Sanke__

Anyone else having significant problems getting the touchpad to work right?

I've been having trouble picking up audio logs and now I'm having trouble with this swipe to destroy auto turret one

First one I go to I swipe once and it goes down and now it just will not work

And I play warframe every day so I don't think there is anything wrong with my touchpad since warframe uses it a lot and I've never had any issues there

EDIT: turning the controller off and back on seems to have fixed it

So Amazon is pretty damn awesome. I have been a Prime member for 5+ years and have had countless release date delivery games shipped to me without a hitch. I got a message about an hour ago that my package might have a delivery exception and be delayed. I looked, and UPS shipped it to the wrong place, so it has to be rerouted and I now too have a Monday release date.

I went to chat with them cause I was obviously frustrated (especially seeing as I could order another copy right now and pay $9 for Saturday delivery, or just order it normally with Prime shipping and get it on Sunday, because I am in LA and they are doing Sunday delivery here.)

The person apologized and immediately set up another copy of the game to be shipped for delivery tomorrow. This was just the standard limited edition, so if you had the collectors edition pre-ordered there might not be much they can do.

I am a huge Amazon fan and I love them even more now. This was not even their problem (it was a UPS issue) and they still fixed it for me without question!

Moral of the story:

If you have a problem with an Amazon order, contact them!

Alright, I contacted customer service, and they told me to wait until the end of the day. If it's not sent to me by the end of the day, I should contact them again. The most likely scenario will be that I will buy the game from Gamestop or Best Buy, and return the copy Amazon sends me when it arrives.

Cudder

Is there a move that lets us locate blast shards like in Infamous 2, or are we left to scouring every nook and cranny of the city like Infamous 1?

URATowel

Banned
It's gorgeous...really is but I would love to have had smaller details such as footprints on certain terrain, proper shadows, day/night cycle...

Top Bottom