• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

darkwing

Is it just me or is anyone else getting an uncharted vibe from it, like it was made by ND
It's a big improvement over the originals that's for sure.

Yup, the art style reminds me of uncharted, plus those small details in the game like the pictures on the nightstand etc...

And the game is dead to me. Fucking hell I was delaying buying ps4 just for this, now it's delayed even more.

Because of one ten second part at the beginning of the game?

:lol

Holy shit, talk about a fucking ridiculous overreaction.

Edit: Or were you saying you wanted them? Either way... :lol :lol

And the game is dead to me. Fucking hell I was delaying buying ps4 just for this, now it's delayed even more.

tumblr_inline_mps9z3Joai1qz4rgp.gif

Dynamic3

Wow, Gamestop is terrible. They just cancelled my order because they cannot apply my coupon code to in-store pickups, and now I lost out on all the preorder bonuses. Thanks for the heads up.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
If it makes you feel any better I fucked up my elbow working out and will not be able to play this game for WEEKS even though it was just delivered. Played a bit of GZ the other day and it was a terrible idea.

That's awful! It does not make me feel better.

We also just got hit with the weekend overtime hammer, so I'll be coming in tomorrow for a few hours, which sucks. I'll be thinking of inFAMOUS all day! Tonight's playtime is going to be such a tease!

styl3s

Didn't get to play much this morning but did i get through the beginning and did completely clear out the first little zone or whatever. My biggest complaint is my complaint towards Infamous and Infamous 2. The world just feels and sounds empty and it's kind of a bummer on their 3rd try they couldn't of done something about it. Just throwing some more people in the world doesn't solve that empty sounding city and the fact they do nothing.

GTA 5 is a prime example of what i kind of want out of a open world game in terms of feeling alive. Still, the game is gorgeous even sitting 3 feet away from a 42" screen, the amount of detail they put into the sound we do hear is also fantastic.

Also i hate to gripe about the GB quick look. I will spoiler tag it since it does have to do with Delsins persona even though it's not a spoiler.

My problem with their gripe is that Jeff kind of bitches that he feels like Delsin is some 90s "wake up sheeple" guy as if those type of people don't exist when in reality those type of people are fucking everywhere. With Wallstreet and the NSA this persona fits perfect with a lot of youth these days.

Just started this up. First impressions, I'm enjoying combat quite a bit and only have a few abilities under the smoke power. Second, the graphics are incredible! I loved Infamous 1/2, so I'm very glad this is in my PS4 right now. Going to be taking my time with this on expert difficulty.

styl3s

Guys what are the impressions for the game so far ? :)

Is it a must buy for PS4 owners
?
If a PS4 owner doesn't buy this i don't know why they have a PS4 to begin with.

This is probably one of the biggest if not THE biggest reason to of early adopted the system.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I only had about an hour and a half to play Infamous this morning before i had to come to work but GAWT DAMN is it hot. Absolutely lovin it so far - BUT -

Possible spoilery stuff - first 40 or so minutes of the game -
I just got through the first checkpoint after getting over the bridge and swamped through the DUP presence in like 1 minute 30 seconds or some such nonsense.. ran around and grabbed some shard copters and then triggered the mini gun guy - whooped the shit out of him and he went into his little bubble and then figured it was obvious what i had to do when only the back side of him was open so I ran around and punched the glowy thingy and BOOM concrete asplodes super sweet! Next please!! .. but then I get the call from my bro and he's all "Hey maybe you could just absorb THEIR concrete power instead of that big bad lady's! then we can just go home!" ... the game says Absorb the Big DUP soldiers powers ... but.... he's dead already. Everytime I try to run to a new location I fail the mission and it reloads. I stood around for what felt like 5 minutes just breaking stuff and flying around and no new guards came in to replace the first wave...
Did i seriously break this save before I even got an hour into the game?? lol please help.

SRTtoZ

Still dont have mine yet, waiting on UPS but man, watching a couple streams and they seem to all LOVE the game. I also just redeemed my Amazon promotional code and noticed about 15 out of the 20 of my "online friends" are playing Infamous SS. This thing is going to sell gangbusters.

Didn't get to play much this morning but did i get through the beginning and did completely clear out the first little zone or whatever. My biggest complaint is my complaint towards Infamous and Infamous 2. The world just feels and sounds empty and it's kind of a bummer on their 3rd try they couldn't of done something about it. Just throwing some more people in the world doesn't solve that empty sounding city and the fact they do nothing.

GTA 5 is a prime example of what i kind of want out of a open world game in terms of feeling alive. Still, the game is gorgeous even sitting 3 feet away from a 42" screen, the amount of detail they put into the sound we do hear is also fantastic.

Also i hate to gripe about the GB quick look. I will spoiler tag it since it does have to do with Delsins persona even though it's not a spoiler.

My problem with their gripe is that Jeff kind of bitches that he feels like Delsin is some 90s "wake up sheeple" guy as if those type of people don't exist when in reality those type of people are fucking everywhere. With Wallstreet and the NSA this persona fits perfect with a lot of youth these days.
The sound is great actually. I thought so at first but with the Gold Headset it sounds very crisp and the city feels much more alive.

I'm looking for a game to fill the gap, but I'm not sure if this game would be a good choice for me.
Played the first game when it was free after the PSN hack, but I did not get happy with it. I remember it felt dull and just... I don't know, "lifeless".

Has the series improved since then and does it offer a greater gameplay variety? Graphics seem to be cool as far as I can see it here.

Thanks for your input :)

I only had about an hour and a half to play Infamous this morning before i had to come to work but GAWT DAMN is it hot. Absolutely lovin it so far - BUT -

Possible spoilery stuff - first 40 or so minutes of the game -
I just got through the first checkpoint after getting over the bridge and swamped through the DUP presence in like 1 minute 30 seconds or some such nonsense.. ran around and grabbed some shard copters and then triggered the mini gun guy - whooped the shit out of him and he went into his little bubble and then figured it was obvious what i had to do when only the back side of him was open so I ran around and punched the glowy thingy and BOOM concrete asplodes super sweet! Next please!! .. but then I get the call from my bro and he's all "Hey maybe you could just absorb THEIR concrete power instead of that big bad lady's! then we can just go home!" ... the game says Absorb the Big DUP soldiers powers ... but.... he's dead already. Everytime I try to run to a new location I fail the mission and it reloads. I stood around for what felt like 5 minutes just breaking stuff and flying around and no new guards came in to replace the first wave...
Did i seriously break this save before I even got an hour into the game?? lol please help.

Same spoilers as this guy:
Is the big guy's body still around? Even if he's dead already, I think you just need to go up to his body.

Cudder

Picked up my copy today but it was the regular version, was kind of hoping it would be the Limited Edition! If anyone has an extra code for the extra content, I'd happily take it!

It'll work to do evil/expert on a first run and then normal/good for the second, right? I did the other way in 1 and 2, but my trophy-gettin' patience has been a little thinner than usual lately so I'm hoping to save the easier one for last :lol

styl3s

The sound is great actually. I thought so at first but with the Gold Headset it sounds very crisp and the city feels much more alive.
There is a reason almost every person who reviewed the game brought up this issue. Your $100 headset isn't somehow giving you secret audio my $3000 home theater system isn't getting.

Picked up my copy today but it was the regular version, was kind of hoping it would be the Limited Edition! If anyone has an extra code for the extra content, I'd happily take it!

Did you preorder it? I thought preorders would automatically get you the limited edition. If you did preorder it, where did you preorder it from?

Top Bottom