• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

StuBurns

Banned
Is there a move that lets us locate blast shards like in Infamous 2, or are we left to scouring every nook and cranny of the city like Infamous 1?
They appear on the map once you've taken out the bad guys power truck things when you get to a new area.

Wow, after a few weeks with Black Flag, Second Son's traversing is so refreshing. Hitting a ventilation shaft to shoot up is amazing. It's smooth, intuitive and fun.

FHIZ

I've got to say, this is some small detail stuff, but I really love how this game utilizes the DS4 with the speaker, touch pad and motion sensing. Everything just feels and sounds great.

Still bummed the papertrail site isn't updated yet. Everytime it gets 404'd I think that maybe they're in the process of updating it, but nope. Not even sure if Sucker Punch is aware that it hasn't been updated yet? Their twitter account just told someone to contact support when they were getting a Papertrail error message... when clearly it just isn't up and working. That could just be the social media person though.

Jim

I've got to say, this is some small detail stuff, but I really love how this game utilizes the DS4 with the speaker, touch pad and motion sensing. Everything just feels and sounds great.

I love the 3D audio effect for absorbing shards... starts from your front speakers and fades to the DS4 speaker.

Add me to the list of those who enjoy using the touchpad too. Clicking to absorb shards or powers, and dashing in a doing a quick swipe to release captured conduits is awesome. The actual graffiti art is surprisingly clever too.

As awesome as Neon is, nothing beats traversing using the upgraded
Video dash

Loudninja

I love the 3D audio effect for absorbing shards... starts from your front speakers and fades to the DS4 speaker.

Add me to the list of those who enjoy using the touchpad too. Clicking to absorb shards or powers, and dashing in a doing a quick swipe to release captured conduits is awesome. The actual graffiti art is surprisingly clever too.

Video dash
Right?

The touchpad stuff if fun and easy to do ,and its not overly used.

URATowel

Banned

Video dash

I love the graffiti touch pad use so much.

Vlodril

ok i am having an issue with infamous. first of all the ps4 fan goes into overdrive for some reason. i played it a bit at the morning didn't get any problems now it goes up and it doesn't come down.

Second i cant seem to be able to upgrade my powers. it says there are five upgrades available and i have 21 shards but i only get a locked option on the power screen. I am pretty sure i am doing something wrong on the second part so if anyone can enlighten me i would appreciate it.

Who would've thought a speaker on the the controller would be so cool. I love that thing

ok i am having an issue with infamous. first of all the ps4 fan goes into overdrive for some reason. i played it a bit at the morning didn't get any problems now it goes up and it doesn't come down.

Second i cant seem to be able to upgrade my powers. it says there are five upgrades available and i have 21 shards but i only get a locked option on the power screen. I am pretty sure i am doing something wrong on the second part so if anyone can enlighten me i would appreciate it.

You have get to the mission that allows you get to new tricks for your powers. Once you unlock those then you can start buying upgrades for them. Also some require a certain good or bad karma level

aro52

3 hours, 12 minutes, ...

giphy.gif

Torraz

Got a problem with the picture being cut off at the edges. Most games have an option to adjust the picture size. Anyone know where I can find it or what I could do about it? I have a 32" TV.

Also much choice paralysis. Not sure whether to go good or evil :(...

Pretty awesome beginning. Also quite hard. These DUP fools don't mess around.

Oppo

UPS now says "delivered". I have no game.

I will draw blood if they fucked this up.

This is the FIRST time I tried launch day delivery of a game (or any game for that matter) from Amazon and it's not filling me with confidence.

lmbotiva

i saw a gameplay video of someone wearing a
white jacket
, is that a DLC or does it get unlocked later in the game?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Loving the game. Nice graphics though frame rate can be a bit inconsistent. Don't really like the "parkouring", really weak and the animations look off. They really needed to spice it up. Still.. I am having a BLAST. Its fun. All I needed.

Also, I went to Best Buy (didn't preorder) and got the LE with Cole's Legacy DLC. Cool :p

Vlodril

Who would've thought a speaker on the the controller would be so cool. I love that thing

You have get to the mission that allows you get to new tricks for your powers. Once you unlock those then you can start buying upgrades for them. Also some require a certain good or bad karma level

Ah i see thanks. the game is just trolling me with the "5 new upgrades available". thanks game :p

Anyone else have the fan being active? its about 50 or something percent(at what i imagine is the max level). first game to do that. Killzone did it but for a few seconds and never again after that.

So I just got this at target this morning, and the cover says "limited edition".

Is this basically just a day one edition, or something else?

Didin't even notice until I got home.

Wow, after a few weeks with Black Flag, Second Son's traversing is so refreshing. Hitting a ventilation shaft to shoot up is amazing. It's smooth, intuitive and fun.

Yeah and the goddamn animations that have him flailing around are so damn good. My favorite has to be when you smoke dash over an air vent and get a forward boost jump.

They nail this pose from the concept art so well...

Top Bottom