• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

This has probably been asked before... For the people who have finished the game, is it easy to max out all the powers or do I need to be saving shards for better powers later in the game? I haven't unlocked any other powers other than smoke yet and am sitting on about 20 shards.

BFIB

Wow. Just beat AC4 and BB shows $40 for the trade in value. Think I might head up and get this. Never played infamous before, will I be lost in the story?

I already cleared half of the city and half of the shards. Can someone tell me how far I am story wise without spoiling anything ?
I just got to the Lantern District after fighting that first(?) boss

besada

Banned
Wow. That's all I have. The graphics are just mind-blowingly good. I haven't been playing long enough to have a strong opinion regarding gameplay, but so far, so good.

Wow. Just beat AC4 and BB shows $40 for the trade in value. Think I might head up and get this. Never played infamous before, will I be lost in the story?

nope this takes place after 7 years after infamous 2 there is short recap in the beginning but this is a separate story.

Seriously? BB as in Best Buy? If that is true then I will be running to BB right after work and doing that trade in THATS AWESOME

So if I want to play on Expert first, when do you need to change the setting from Normal? Rather, how far do they let you get before it starts "counting" which you're on? I just smoked through a gate, few minutes in, and realized I could pause and switch.

Edit: eh, I'm so early I'll just restart and pause to switch as soon as it'll let me.

Pop

53% done on Good at about 7 hours

Game is fantastic. Only downside is some repetitive missions but it's an open world game so I understand.

Kssio_Aug

Damn... how I hate Brasilian services!!
I pay at about 60 dollars to get a 30Mbps internet connection with just 10% of the upload speed. And still, besides expensive, this shit just give me headache and go down all the time because they dont have an adequate structure! I'm struggling to update my PS4 and download InFamous SS.

Lima

So if I want to play on Expert first, when do you need to change the setting from Normal? Rather, how far do they let you get before it starts "counting" which you're on? I just smoked through a gate, few minutes in, and realized I could pause and switch.

Edit: eh, I'm so early I'll just restart and pause to switch as soon as it'll let me.

It counts as soon as you enter Seattle.

Hedrush

If you've already changed it to expert it will stay on that when you start a new game.

Is it worth hoarding shards to spend on the later powers or are there enough shards to max out all the powers?

I personally think you should just spend the shards on whatever you want to make the boss battles and big fights easier. Shards aren't that hard to come by if you explore the world and ignore the main story. You can just take 1 hour collecting more shards around the city and then move to the story missions and you will be golden. My SO and I are more than half way done with collecting all the shards as our end game goal and she keeps on finding random shards everywhere. There are just enough to max out all of the powers you get (for 1 karma side, so including all good karma power upgrade OR all evil karma power upgrade).

Portugeezer

One complaint, the DS4 stick is too sensitive!

Mainly for movement. Even if I just resting my thumb on the stick and Delson is moving off a building edge!

Sucker Punch should have toned it down.

Hell AC4 shows 40$ and Knack shows 24$. Wow, I could get Infamous for free! WOOT!

Yes. I did this with my PS4 copy of AC4 and South Park for PS3. Both were $40 so I banked $80 in credit. :)

Thats f'in awesome man thanks for the heads up. My wife was actually trying to give me crap about picking the game up after work lol. But now, I can get it for free so no problems. SWEET

nbthedude

Traded in Metal Gear Ground Zero for this. Even though I got $18 back for Ground Zero, I still feel ripped off at losing $12 to what was without hyperbole a one hour demo (I don't mind short games but this isn't even a complete game; it's a single level cut out of a larger project). Anyway, played this for an hour and looks a lot better so far.

Grisby

Played about an hour. This is some Infamous ass Infamous. That's a good thing, plays really well although some of the auto moving was a little weird in the beginning.

Delsin isn't quite the teenager in the mall deal and the facial animation is great. Game overall looks fantastic although there is some tiny text to be had. I have to echo the statement that I must have taken like, 50 screenies already.

Can't wait to jump back in and start jumping on more shards.

styl3s

Seriously? BB as in Best Buy? If that is true then I will be running to BB right after work and doing that trade in THATS AWESOME
BB is the best place to trade in when they have 100% bonus trade in which they have like all the fucking time.

I traded AC4/Ghosts for $80 awhile back. I regret trading AC4 because i really want to finish it but i was spending 99% of my time in the game just collecting everything and it's too goddamn much stuff.

Damn I'm getting my ass handed to me by the D.U.P. and I'm only in the first district. Game still is fun and I really enjoy the touch pad controls.

Apparently Best Buy gave me an additional DLC code and I got those four jackets that other companies had been offering as a pre order incentive.

Neat.

Mononoke

Banned
sogood.gif

What i do is once i start i stay away from the dense looking aura in the zone and zoom in and pick out the target and fire like 4 fucking bombs at the spy.

Otherwise the mother fucker zip zoom skedaddles.

Great advice! This worked perfectly. Guess I was doing it wrong.

The music is already awesome. In the intro as you're going along the shore I love that riff that sounds like a guitar being Frampton-ized with a female voice.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Damn I'm getting my ass handed to me by the D.U.P. and I'm only in the first district. Game still is fun and I really enjoy the touch pad controls.

Apparently Best Buy gave me an additional DLC code and I got those four jackets that other companies had been offering as a pre order incentive.

Neat.

Go for those Core Relays first, not the Shards.

Andrew.

Banned
All this talk about the music has me the most curious. I mean, I know the game looks gorgeous, but the past two Infamous titles weren't exactly known to have badass soundtracks. Hell, I dont even remember what the music was like for those games.

Portugeezer

Did everyone else know you could use the DS3 to control the onscreen keyboard?
Yeah, I don't know if it's faster to use than normal scrolling through letters, but I like it.

Anyone else having a hard time linking their papertrail profile to the psn account. faq says got to profile and click the psn icon to link but I can't find an icon for the life of me. I must be dumb. Have anyone found it?

The site is fucked, sometimes loads incomplete, but there is definitely no PSN logo. Only FB and Twitter.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Did the first Paper Trailer mission, now it wants to connect to my profile to continue that quest line but it can't.. it's still not online I guess?

Kssio_Aug

Is the game download too slow today, because of the number of players that are downloading it now?
I'm trying to, but its really really slow right now!

Top Bottom