• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Andrew.

Banned
So my wife downloaded the patch and the DLC and redeemed the various codes for me while I'm at work, and, in a turn of good news, since I'm coming in for a few hours for OT this weekend, I don't have to stay until 8 tonight, and can stay until 6, meaning I'll get home with enough time to go grocery shopping, and play SS before bed and work tomorrow! Thank god, I don't think I could have lasted another 3 hours, plus the long bus ride home!

That's one hell of a cool wife.

RedStep

The graphics are fine and all (look like the natural progression from Infamous 2, but that's fine), but what the hell is up with his normal jumping animation? He looks like a goddamned leprechaun when I'm just hopping up some stairs. Surely we didn't need his hands up over his head to hop up onto a curb or a couch? I'm sure I will love it, and my robot loves his beanie, but that stood out as ridiculous immediately when I took control.

Magnus

This game's fucking great. Touch pad and controller-speaker integration is great too! Really dig the characters and dialogue so far. It's hilarious, coming right off of FFX HD.

Love that you're granted powers of rapid mobility so quickly.

About all I don't like here is the music, but then that's not really what you come to a game like this for anyway.

So great to actually own and like a game for this system, finally. Lol

I feel like I've got the tiniest bit of input lag going on. It's nagging at me.

Saberus

Game is super gorgeous. Love the clean IQ.

Something about the audio mix seems off to me though. Need to spend more time with it before I can put my finger (or ear) on it.

Make sure you have your audio setup correct in game options, mine defaulted to two speaker audio.

Also, I don't notice frame rate issues myself, maybe it doesn't bother me as some of you.

100% confirmed will be getting this right after work in 8 minutes

GET HYPPPPEEEEEEEDDDDDDD

post-52704-0-13005100-1393326083.gif

StuBurns

Banned
There's a Sub Pop office I believe.

As for performance, I've dropped frames for sure, but the only time it's tanked was when I rode on the tram.

Ugh

While the sound design is awesome, the mix leaves a bit to be desired. Dialog in particular is dialed up waaay to loud. Thankfully you can turn it down in the options.

psychotron

Whoever said the framerate was a stable 30fps was lying. I get constant dips, still easily playable but it's definitely not a locked 30.

Yes!! I keep seeing almost stuttering just running down the street. I also see pop in down the road as well. Very odd given no reviews I read mentioned it.

How much Nirvana is in the game? Will I be needing to add my own soundtrack?

I don't know how far into the story I am (someone tell me how far I am!)

But there is a cover of a Nirvana song at the beginning when
Delsin and Reggie are riding in their truck towards Seattle

Other than that, it's all been OST.
I forgot which Nirvana song it was, but it was used in one of the trailers for the game.

I'm only an hour in so far, but my initial impression is that this is a much better game than the previous titles. The script, the acting, the animations, the interactivity with your environment, the aiming, and the pacing of the initial encounters are a huge step up from Infamous 1/2.

Though Delsin's one liners feel a bit too Uncharted-ish at times.

Honestly, it feels like Naughty Dog took a stab at Infamous. Sucker Punch have really come into their own over the past several years.

Yes!! I keep seeing almost stuttering just running down the street. I also see pop in down the road as well. Very odd given no reviews I read mentioned it.

I actually haven't noticed either of these problems at all. I'm not a frame rate analyst, but the speed seems consistent for me, even when there are a bunch of Dupies bearing down on me. I've experienced more pop-in and late rendering textures in Ground Zeroes than I have in SS

Frillen

Ive noticed no drops in framerate, but thats just me

My first experience with a significant framerate drop came after 6-7 hours of gameplay. That's pretty damn good for an open world game.
It was in an area on the second island in a battle with quite a few flying angels.

leng jai

There's definitely frame drops. Just use Orbital drop and it's bleedingly obvious. Then again there are people who claim Last Of Us never drops from 30fps so I don't know.

Certinty

So the side missions are clearing out the districts doing the same thing over and over again? Just cleared out two and I'm already bored to hell with that.

Frillen

So the side missions are clearing out the districts doing the same thing over and over again? Just cleared out two and I'm already bored to hell with that.

I'm sorry, but that's the gist of things, yes. Battles become more fun with new powers though, I assure you.

Top Bottom