• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

All this talk about the music has me the most curious. I mean, I know the game looks gorgeous, but the past two Infamous titles weren't exactly known to have badass soundtracks. Hell, I dont even remember what the music was like for those games.

You're freaking wrong. Spent a whole summer listening to the inFamous 2 soundtrack.

I've been playing for 3 hours straight - it's pretty good so far. Looks good on my 55" LED at 1080p. Just clearing out the districts before I move on to the next mission - I still haven't got to the 2nd power yet.

Tygamr

Just started playing this, and the graphics are great. I'm really impressed with the skin on characters faces- it's the only game I've seen that does skin elasticity in realtime cutscenes.

Man, this game is rated T?
several "shits," a "god damn," and "bitch" two or three times
in the first 20 minutes. Not that I'm complaining, really, but I have to imagine some kids picking this up after school are gonna have a hard time playing in the living room.

I really like the fossilized jacket. What's your favorite jacket so far?

4582.png~original

Did everyone else know you could use the DS3 to control the onscreen keyboard?

Tilting it? It's nice, but I still miss the "number pad" keyboard from the PS3. If you were already used to it on dumbphones (and PSP) it could be faaast.

Finished the first... sequence or whatever, first time it pauses the game to tell you karma stuff. This is awesome so far.

Tygamr

Man, this game is rated T?
several "shits," a "god damn," and "bitch" two or three times
in the first 20 minutes. Not that I'm complaining, really, but I have to imagine some kids picking this up after school are gonna have a hard time playing in the living room.

You ever play any Uncharted games or Batman: Arkham City? Same thing with those (Uncharted is a little more surprising because it has a crapton of blood in it).

This game is incredibly well acted and has very charming dialogue for something that's about as subtle and insightful as a Rock Against Bush album.

DEFEND POP PUNK

RetroStu

Banned
I have just watched the first 5 hours on Twitch (i'm in bed sick lol) and graphically the game is amazing but the game doesn't seem to be as good as Infamous 2 to me, the city is also quite bland and boring compared to New Morai (sp?).
Also are there no monsters in this?, i loved those kind of enemies in the other Infamous games. I also don't think the smoke powers are as good as Coles electric powers.
The story doesn't seem as good so far and i miss the over the top characters like 'Zeke' (sp?) and the over the top tone of Infamous 2, this game seems a little too serious and grounded.
All this could change further into the game though i suppose.

Opposite for me; early impressions but I find the city to be horribly bland. People are either staging protests, walking and that's it.

I don't really care about that to be honest, it's not something I really pay any attention to. I don't see it as a city simulator :p

Sure it'd be nice if it felt more alive, but it's not really a complaint I have... yet. Who knows.

Melchiah

I was about to pass on buying the game, as the earlier entries didn't really grab my interest, but I guess the new-gen fever is too strong to resist. My question is, is Cole's Legacy essential? There were no special editions available anymore at a reasonable price (the prices go from 76€ to 93€), and it seems the DLC isn't available separately. =/

Betty

Banned
I was about to pass on buying the game, as the earlier entries didn't really grab my interest, but I guess the new-gen fever is too strong to resist. My question is, is Cole's Legacy DLC essential? There were no special editions available anymore at a reasonable price (the prices go from 76€ to 93€), and it seems the DLC isn't available separately. =/

Most who've played it say it isn't that worthwhile.

Whoever said the framerate was a stable 30fps was lying. I get constant dips, still easily playable but it's definitely not a locked 30.

Oooh. Just realized what one of the hidden powers will be. Fucking awesome.

Whoever said the framerate was a stable 30fps was lying. I get constant dips, still easily playable but it's definitely not a locked 30.

Yeah, I'm about an hour in and it's more noticible than I was hoping it'd be. Certainly still playable, but definitely not a solid 30.

Kemal86

Game is super gorgeous. Love the clean IQ.

Something about the audio mix seems off to me though. Need to spend more time with it before I can put my finger (or ear) on it.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So my wife downloaded the patch and the DLC and redeemed the various codes for me while I'm at work, and, in a turn of good news, since I'm coming in for a few hours for OT this weekend, I don't have to stay until 8 tonight, and can stay until 6, meaning I'll get home with enough time to go grocery shopping, and play SS before bed and work tomorrow! Thank god, I don't think I could have lasted another 3 hours, plus the long bus ride home!

Portugeezer

Oooh. Just realized what one of the hidden powers will be. Fucking awesome.

Yeah, I'm about an hour in and it's more noticible than I was hoping it'd be. Certainly still playable, but definitely not a solid 30.

Yeah. I think it goes high many times, I wish they would have just locked it to 30.

Top Bottom