• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

psychotron

It's not standard dips I'm getting. It's like really quick pauses. Like when you would switch camera angles in old RE games. Obviously not even close to that but it's like a super quick freeze, then it's fine again.

dyergram

Definitely enjoying it more now I have neon power I got locked into good powers for the first few hours now iv gone evil it's much more fun. Soundtrack isn't on par with infamous 1 IMO though very barebones also I have definitely noticed some drops in the frame rate when the action picks up.

Carl

Got third power then shut off for the night :) about 10 hours in.

Really loving the game. Traversal is so much fun.

Violater

I be hearing them rain drops on sheet metal, neon blazing through the sky, smoke lighting up vents, footsteps rumbling underneath my soles

I guess the sounds need to be WUBwubwubWUBwubwub
Our when I smack someone around our use my powers it not sound like whispering farts.

zychi

Banned
been watching a twitch stream on and off all day. he's at the end now. kinda wish i wouldve bought it. i was skeptical to grab it for $60 because i was meh on inf1 and inf 2. the whole end sequence is very crackdown-ish, but i dig it.

e: i have a feeling this will be one of the first ps plus full ps4 games eventually.

Gusto

Weird how Naughty Dog had better facial expressions on PS3 then Sucker Punch on PS4. Also, is it me or does Reggie resemble Geoff Keighley?

jaypah

Welp. Went to both of my closest Gamestops and apparently the 20 behind the counter were all for preorders. Lol, ok. Wal-Mart it is.

psychotron

Are there any Sub Pop Records signs or logos in this game?

tVh1Qup.jpg

Yupp

Megasoum

Banned
Ok this is seriously, BY FAR, the worst case of DS4 light I've seen so far on the PS4.... I mean it's brighter than the flashlight on my phone. Look at that! How the hell am I supposed to play like that?

Kssio_Aug

Lol, it just got to the point where it's playable. So, only 14 hours or so for the first 5 gigs or so due to the download stopping twice.

Better than mine at least! With 30Mbps internet, and I am still with only 199mb downloaded! (39 hours left) LOL Hope I can get full speed at some moment this night!

Loving the lighting.

Edit: quoted to fix large size

This game graphics and ilumination seems amazing!! o_O

Kyoufu

Ok this is seriously, BY FAR, the worst case of DS4 light I've seen so far on the PS4.... I mean it's brighter than the flashlight on my phone. Look at that! How the hell am I supposed to play like that?

Time to get one of those Lightbar stickers from ebay. Massive improvement tbfh.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Bettern than mine at least! With 30Mbps internet, and I am still with only 199mb downloaded! (39 hours left) LOL Hope I can get full speed at some moment this night!

This game graphics and ilumination seems amazing!! o_O

You win! We might want to stay with physical media for now

I just beat the game at 60%. Best infamous game and this is quite easily the best open world super hero title under the Batman Arkham Series(except Origins).

Vidpixel

Only have to clear the game on expert as an evil doer now in order to platinum this game. Just so you guys know, I'm pretty sure you have to switch the difficulty on a previous file before starting a new game in order to get the expert difficulty trophy, since there's no main menu besides the options button.

Yes!! I keep seeing almost stuttering just running down the street. I also see pop in down the road as well. Very odd given no reviews I read mentioned it.

Same here. It's like the game hiccups every time I jump or a car drives by. It only started after about 2.5 hours. I really hope it clears up as I play further into the game.

The Lamp

My friends distracted me while I was playing. Is there a way to know where to find smoke sources? I don't know where to find them easily.

This game is amazing.

Kssio_Aug

You win! We might want to stay with physical media for now

Yeah, the sad part is, where I live a launch game costs 80 dollars (if not more)!! T-T
So I still prefer the digital download. Quite struggling at launch game time, but with patiance I feel its still the best option for me.

Hate that. The new firmware can't arrive soon enough.

I can't understand why they still didnt bring some basic stuff that everyone is asking. Like the option to turn the light bar off, a better option to upload screen shots, and mainly, a option to pause downloads! This is kind of ridiculous tbh.

vypek

My friends distracted me while I was playing. Is there a way to know where to find smoke sources? I don't know where to find them easily.

This game is amazing.

They're brown marks on the map. Other powers have other colors. Brownish small streaks on the map will be your smoke sources. Commonly on rooftops

So the side missions are clearing out the districts doing the same thing over and over again? Just cleared out two and I'm already bored to hell with that.

Yeah, it's pretty standard open world filler. I'm not sure why this game seems to be getting marked down for it when Assassin's Creed IV didn't.

vypek

Only have to clear the game on expert as an evil doer now in order to platinum this game. Just so you guys know, I'm pretty sure you have to switch the difficulty on a previous file before starting a new game in order to get the expert difficulty trophy, since there's no main menu besides the options button.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. So you can't just start a new game and immediately change the option in the menu? You first have to do it in a previous save? I thought it could be done by pressing Options and then the triangle button.

How do you see how long it took you to beat the game? Also I don't get the few complaints of the city lacking ambiance, i'd argue that it's much better now. I think during certain parts of the game the ambiance improves.

TalonJH

There's definitely frame drops. Just use Orbital drop and it's bleedingly obvious. Then again there are people who claim Last Of Us never drops from 30fps so I don't know.

I didn't have any problems with the orbital drop. Just when I was traveling pretty fast into a new area.

Top Bottom