• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Oh man just did the neon special move for the first time. I laughed a childish laugh it was so good. Cant wait to see more powers. I like how there is little dicking around to get your powers. I hated the sewer parts of the first game. Very impressed with this game so far. Its infamous. If you were expecting something new you will be disappointed. If you were expecting an infamous game with every aspect of it improved then that is exactly what this game is. It does not reinvent the wheel but it is fun and gorgeous. Cant speak for the length untill im done the good and evil playthroughs 100%. If you really did not like the first 2 I dont see why you would like this one besides the eye candy but if you liked the first 2 then you have to play this one.

I can't decide which side to go... For some reason inFamous has always been the only game where I actually go to the "bad" side...every other games where I have the choice I go the good side. The powers just look more fun on the evil side lol.

The thing is... I picked good side in the first choice so I wonder if I should restart? I right after the bridge at the beginning so it would'nt be that long.

If you choose the bad choice at the start of the game it weighs on you and makes you question whether or not you did the right thing :/

Lol that's what happened to me. Keep playing through good and do another run on evil after you're finished.

Game is excellent if you like infamous games, but they did fail at making use of that open world. Fans and reviews been asking for better open world options, but they keep ignoring that. Seems like such a waste for such an awesome world they created.

Wait, what? I haven't touched the game since November. You can cap at 30fps now?

Yep its an option now for the sp Portion.

Kariodude

Banned
It's not THAT bad and do you know why most people and reviewers don't bring it up?

Because if you only eat McDonald's and people are used to eating at McDonald's and everyone is expecting McDonald's quality food, no one is going to bring up how much better an 8oz Ribeye Steak is.

Loudninja

Game is excellent if you like infamous games, but they did fail at making use of that open world. Fans and reviews been asking for better open world options, but they keep ignoring that. Seems like such a waste for such an awesome world they created.

Yep its an option now for the sp Portion.
What do you consider better open world options?

Lingitiz

As long as they have a cool environment with great traversal abilities that's enough for me. I don't need bullshit like driving, activities, going on dates and other inane time wasting shit like that.

i am having so much fun with this game but my only complaint are the side missions which gets repetitive and annoying.. they should of reduced the amount of
graffiti jobs

What do you consider better open world options?

More side mission variety, more activities. More variety in the people and the world so that its not so robotic. Dynamicly generated events and content.

Infamous is a structured game with an open sandbox approach to completing the story. Open world game should have much more to it, but the side missions in this are all boring and exactly the same. The world doesn't feel alive as the people are so procedural in how they react.

velcry

Hope someone can help me with this question!

I bought the R2 physical version, had no problems downloading the DLC such as the extra jackets and Cole's Legacy.

However, I'm playing it under my R1 account, then I noticed that on the PS4 homescreen, there are no DLC shown under "Related Items". But when I switch over to my R2 account, it shows the DLC having been downloaded.

I thought that if you downloaded the DLC using one region, it'll play across all your accounts regardless?

Should I just play it using my R2 account?

Thanks!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is the Paper Trail site borked for everyone right now? I just got home and wanted to get everything all set up before I sink my teeth in.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
so to platinum the game you need about 30 hours? hmm seems a little short

Jesus man you have a really good memory. Yeah, back in the day. And I agree Duvall is great. I saw them half a year ago in Miami. Amazing show.

Pretty blown away you played Rain When I Die. Thats one of their best and one of my favs. Very fitting for Seattle and this game as well.

Yeah, wasn't it this one?:

wMPNiHv.jpg

And that's exactly why I picked that song :)

Skilletor

As long as they have a cool environment with great traversal abilities that's enough for me. I don't need bullshit like driving, activities, going on dates and other inane time wasting shit like that.

This for me. Have no interest in GTA or anything like it. I just want to run around with powers and play around.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
More side mission variety, more activities. More variety in the people and the world so that its not so robotic. Dynamicly generated events and content.

Infamous is a structured game with an open sandbox approach to completing the story. Open world game should have much more to it, but the side missions in this are all boring and exactly the same. The world doesn't feel alive as the people are so procedural in how they react.

So basically just like the first two games?

It really needs to be repeated, SP is what less than 100 people. . .and people are comparing it to games made by teams of nearly 1000.

BadAss2961

How are they compressing these downloads?

Pretty sure Second Son is well over 20GB, but I only had to download about 6GB before the game appeared to be fully installed.

Pretty sure Second Son is well over 20GB, but I only had to download about 6GB before the game appeared to be fully installed.

I noticed that as well. PSN Store said something like 21GB but when it started downloading it only said around 6GB.

So who gets this Cole DLC? Is it just the limited/collectors edition types or was it a prepurchase bonus as well?

molnizzle

You download enough of the game to get started. The rest downloads in the background while you play or while your PS4 is in standby. Most PS4 games are like this. Certainly every single first party game.

The only game I've found that made you download the entire thing before you can play was Tomb Raider.

Game is pretty fantastic so far though I haven't gotten neon yet which I'm assuming is a better travel power than smoke. The only things annoying me right now is that smoke is a bit slow if you're not near vents and that the cars are literally the same model for sedans and suvs, just with different colors.

Other than that this game may be the best looking next gen game with only KZ:SF rivaling it. SP did a great job refreshing and evolving the infamous formula after it started to get a bit stale towards the end of infamous 2.

BadAss2961

You download enough of the game to get started. The rest downloads in the background while you play or while your PS4 is in standby.
I don't think it was the usual play as you download feature. After the 6GB, the game was installed, and there was no download going on in my notifications menu.

Strider

I'm about 46% complete with the game and I think I'm done for the day. I'm beyond impressed. This game is even better than I thought it would be. Good job SP.

I just realized I spent 30 minutes doing nothing but running around the map with neon powers ha

molnizzle

I don't think it was the usual play as you download feature. After the 6GB, the game was installed, and there was no download going on in my notifications menu.

It's never in notifications. Press option on top of the inFamous tile and choose information (I think). It'll either say the total amount of game still needing to download, or it'll say "21GB - finished."

Jesb

Game is good, a nice improvement over the last few games. Better characters, and story, amazing graphics, great and fun upgrades. I'm really going to try and go for a platinum for once I think with this game. Not a fan of the slow moving camera, wish we could speed that up.

Overall it's just a good game, I wouldn't call it great, I don't think it will be one of the contenders for GOTY, but it's more Infamous and that's not a bad thing.

BadAss2961

It's never in notifications. Press option on top of the inFamous tile and choose information (I think). It'll either say the total amount of game still needing to download, or it'll say "21GB - finished."
Alright, thanks.

The game is awesome btw. Only problem I have is that climbing and platforming isn't as polished as the first two games. I don't know what happened there.

MYeager

So basically just like the first two games?

It really needs to be repeated, SP is what less than 100 people. . .and people are comparing it to games made by teams of nearly 1000.

It was also a complaint about the first two games. Of course playing around with the powers is why I like the games as well, but if the open world setting is mostly there just so that you can transverse through it, it's a waste of the time for those hundred people to spend so much dedication to the detail of the environment when it's ultimately just space to run past.

leng jai

Alright, thanks.

The game is awesome btw. Only problem I have is that climbing and platforming isn't as polished as the first two games. I don't know what happened there.

Once you get Neon powers you don't need to climb. Climbing is terrible in this game for sure.

burgerdog

Ah, that would explain the Final Fantasy 14 beta being a 9 or 10gb download and turning into a 32gb file once installed.

Namikaze1

I love the Neon powers especially when
you unlock Endless Dash.
But the power I love most is the one I just got. Yep it's
the Video powers. Eugene's Boss fight was visually awesome.

SRTtoZ

As someone who trades in games, this is one of those games that you never trade in like Uncharted 2, TLOU, GoW3...

Mind blown. Loving every bit of it so far.

Top Bottom