• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I really like how there is less emphasis on climbing in Second Sons, but more focus on how the powers can get you places. I feel less hampered now, having more options.

And I'm still near the beginning but dang the game is actually a little bit tough when trying to subdue the waves of enemies in the red zones.

May have ended up playing almost all of the campaign so far, I just could not stop playing it. It looks so incredible and is constantly fun to play. I think Sucker Punch hit it out of the park on this, best Infamous game in my books.

Roto13

I played this for a few hours and it's pretty fantastic. Kind of weird that you need a car to launch yourself into the air, though. :p It made sense with lightning powers but not so much here.

My save says I'm 15% complete. I've just got the cores to upgrade my first power and I'm ready to go to a Seattle landmark. So far this has been a worthy entry into a franchise with a new protagonist. Gameplay is excellent. Graphics are out of this world. Graphics spoiler ->
Why the umbrellas in the middle of the road though?

The digital version loads so fast that I can't even read the text after a mission is completed.

"Yep, still a conduit." - Love that line after you rescan yourself at a checkpoint.

Jobbs

Banned
Played a few hours.

Graphics are very nice. At best, they wow me. Taken on their raw merit, they're strong, but considering the open world nature, it's a bit more impressive. Nice work on this front, although I have noticed some stuttering and frame drops at times, something that can be forgiven due to the open sandbox design.

Controls feel... A bit spastic and imprecise to me. I've never been a big fan of "sucky" controls -- Not in the sense that they're necessarily bad, but sucky in the sense that you get sucked towards things. Example: Melee attacking sucks you towards an enemy. I don't want to be sucked or nudged or pushed or pulled by "the game". I want rules and precision. Maybe that's just me, though.

Game has a nice mellow rock soundtrack which fits the grey Seattle setting quite well.

BTW, does the space needle seem, like, *dramatically* too small to anyone else? Seems like a toy version of the real thing.

I've been playing for the last three hours. I hit the share button to get a quick clip of the last minute or two, and when I go to trim… the last gameplay it's kept was from over two hours ago. It's unbelievable how broken the share function still is.

Mikey Jr.

Not sure whats more fun.

Shooting out of the chimneys with smoke, or jumping off buildings with neon.

They are both so fucking good........

So so soooooooooo glad they went with high mobility this time around. Love I1 and I2, but I doubt I can ever go back. SS is like I2 on steroids. Fucking amazing.

Endo Punk

I can see how some people would find this repetitive, fortunately I'm not one. Love the moment to moment gameplay, the game just flows so well and I haven't even achieved neon yet.

Draper

Must....resist...paying full price....for....a game....

I don't need it...

lb9Fa6U.jpg

I've been playing for the last three hours. I hit the share button to get a quick clip of the last minute or two, and when I go to trim… the last gameplay it's kept was from over two hours ago. It's unbelievable how broken the share function still is.

When you start a game session, double tap the share button. It records in 15 min chunks from that point. Don't rely on it doing it automatically.

Vire

Graphics are mind-blowing, very much enjoying my time with it thus far. Just got Neon. :D

I just wish the side missions had more meat and variety to them... oh well.

Lucent

Played a few hours.

Graphics are very nice. At best, they wow me. Taken on their raw merit, they're strong, but considering the open world nature, it's a bit more impressive. Nice work on this front, although I have noticed some stuttering and frame drops at times, something that can be forgiven due to the open sandbox design.

Controls feel... A bit spastic and imprecise to me. I've never been a big fan of "sucky" controls -- Not in the sense that they're necessarily bad, but sucky in the sense that you get sucked towards things. Example: Melee attacking sucks you towards an enemy. I don't want to be sucked or nudged or pushed or pulled by "the game". I want rules and precision. Maybe that's just me, though.

Game has a nice mellow rock soundtrack which fits the grey Seattle setting quite well.

BTW, does the space needle seem, like, *dramatically* too small to anyone else? Seems like a toy version of the real thing.

Yeah I don't feel that way. I feel like it keeps the action going and makes you feel more super. Just as soon as you knock someone out you're in another guy's face and he's like WHOA! lol

Movement is great in this game and I only have smoke right now. I feel like I have a lot of control.

Jobbs

Banned
A few hours in. Graphics are fantastic, but man am I terrible at combat. Any tips?

I'm playing on expert and have found the game to be pretty doable in the firs few hours once you get the hang of it. you just want to abuse the dash ability to keep moving and go hide and recover if your health is low. take advantage of nearby vents to get a height advantage over the battle. if you encounter enemy force users, the best strategy seems to be to dash to them and melee them, it seems as though the melee staggers them preventing their escape.

remember to use your area effect abilities to their full potential to take on groups.

emko

wow i remember people saying it was downgraded even if it was it looks amazing didnt play much but man the clothing,the lighting, the car reflections even the facial expressions on that old lady WOW some things look almost real.

So, has anyone noticed Nolan North is on this game?

One of the civilians? I could swear it sounded like I bumped into Drake on the sidewalk.

And some of the women pedestrians are so thirsty when you start leveling up the hero karma. You can nearly run em over and they're all like "Ohh yeah, I got touched by a real man." 0_o

vypek

I can see how some people would find this repetitive, fortunately I'm not one. Love the moment to moment gameplay, the game just flows so well and I haven't even achieved neon yet.

I find it repetitive in the sense that I'm doing the same types of side missions in different areas but I don't see why that is inherently bad. I'm not bored of them. I like seeking how the art turns out. I like the
secret agent missions
, especially when using neon.

Spoiler tagged cause I'm not sure if everyone knows about that already or if it would reveal too much even though its not plot

Salz01

A couple of hours in. Don't have neon yet, but man does this game deliver. So pretty, and so fun. Gets me so hyped of what other games are coming down the pipeline. But in the mean time going to savor this trip for awhile.

Played a pretty good chunk, got the third power. Man, this game is a fucking blast. I don't think I've had this much fun just traveling the city since swinging around in Spider-man 2. Combat feels great and the game just looks gorgeous.

RetroMG

Wow, man. I picked up the preorder for this last week on a whim just because I had some extra cash, but I am blown away at how much I am enjoying it.

I'm still able to get all the additional stuff if I buy digital, right?

I have no idea. :p

I bought mine PSN, and I think I got some digital vests. If you're looking for the Beanie edition, will probably have to look for an LE at a store. Maybe someone else has a better answer.

Top Bottom