• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Atilac

So some spoilery questions
About powers:
Is paper the fifth power?
About characters:
Does Zeke make an appearance?

Hey.

You're a good person.

Except you actually kind of suck since you didn't post AIC with Layne.

Hey, come on now. Duvall is a good replacement (though I thought Maynard from Tool was better). He's no Layne, but no one is.

I love you

<3

IIRC didn't you have a Layne Staley avatar?

Is this game short? I just got the Orbital drop and stats say I have 19% of game complete

People here were saying they were beating the game around the 10 hour mark.

Gold Member
This game is great fun, only 4 or so hours in but I'm loving it, can't wait for another session tomorrow.

Also, earlier when I checked 30 out of 42 of my friends online were playing it hehehe :)

I played this for a bit, will probably pick it up when I get a PS4 in a year or so.

What is up with the framerate drops?

Frame rate drops from 60 to 30, yeah those happen, but I never saw it go below 30. First two infamous games had a variable frame rate. So nothing new here and it has never interfered with the core experience.

Jobbs

Banned
My issue with "good or evil" playstyle games is that there never seems to be any grey area recognized. I prefer to play naturally, meaning, I'll respond to the situation how I feel about it in the given moment. Sometimes that'll be good, sometimes it'll be evil. This is never recognized by game systems.

Grinchy

Banned
UPS dropped my copy off at like 6 o'clock. I put it in and the next thing I knew it was 9:30. I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

The reflections are insane and it just overall looks very good.

Nick

Four hours into the game and I'm thinking Sessler was most likely spot-on. This game is av-er-age.

Edit: It's pretty, though.

slade

Played a good solid four hours of this today. I loved the first three Infamous games and I am loving this one. The controls are a little revamped for the hover power and I don't like that there is no cover system but otherwise this game is pretty much all I wanted from Sucker Punch. Have not even made much progress yet, just having fun doing the side stuff.

Persona7

Banned
Frame rate drops from 60 to 30, yeah those happen, but I never saw it go below 30. First two infamous games had a variable frame rate. So nothing new here and it has never interfered with the core experience.

I keep finding a quote from the games director about it "being a locked rock solid 30FPS"

Only played about an hour and judging from my completion status it will be a short game, but everything about that hour was absolutely incredible.

Love everything about it at the moment, knew I'd love the gameplay but how much I am enjoying the story / cut scenes has taken me by surprise.

A++ In my books so far.

gl0w

Have being played for 3 or 4 hours and the game is outstanding. Graphics, the weather, the reflections and lightning are amazing.
I just feel that the city should have more noise in the background.

Neon power is so much greate than the smoke one. Can't wait to get the third one and see if I get suprised.

olimpia84

Game looks great, so far the combat is fun (haven't played the first two games) but the game doesn't seem very polished. Already found two minor glitches, a floating enemy and going trough some fences in the environment (without using your powers) =/

Easily a solid 90 for me. Just a joy to control. Reminds me of Crackdown in that respect. It's just amazing to traverse the city. And the voice acting is superb. I like Delsin, and how much he loves his abilities.

Aces&Eights

So, I started the game and got about 10 minutes in before I switched it to Expert (it never asked me). Is this going to affect me getting the trophy for finishing it on hard?

My PS4 is crapping out on me. I can't get through more than 10 minutes of the game before my console crashes and shutsdown. I downloaded it twice. 40GB of bandwidth wasted. I guess I'll be productive this weekend.

Andrew.

Banned
Hey, come on now. Duvall is a good replacement (though I thought Maynard from Tool was better). He's no Layne, but no one is.

<3

IIRC didn't you have a Layne Staley avatar?.

Jesus man you have a really good memory. Yeah, back in the day. And I agree Duvall is great. I saw them half a year ago in Miami. Amazing show.

Pretty blown away you played Rain When I Die. Thats one of their best and one of my favs. Very fitting for Seattle and this game as well.

Hmm so mY game didn't download while in standby.. That's retarded. Now it keeps saying it cannot download every couple minutes and i have to restart it.. Whatever

molnizzle

Like hell it doesn't interfere with the core experience. I've never played either of the first two Infamous games, but the variable frame rate in Second Son is fucking atrocious. Totally takes me out of it when I'm running around at a nice steady 30fps, then blip up to 60 while climbing up a building, then blip back to 30 once I get to the top.

What. The. Fuck. I wish I could slap the shit out of the dumbass at Sucker Punch who made that call.

The shitty thing is that I think the actual gameplay is really fun, and I think that I would love the game if the frame rate didn't aggravate me so much. I honestly have no idea why devs do this shit. I thought it was unbearable in Shadow Fall, but this game takes judder to a whole new level.

Ugh.

During the day is my favourite time visually, the use of colours along with the lovely lighting effects really impress me. We are only a few months into this gen, good stuff.

Oh and the soundtrack is awesome

Like hell it doesn't. I've never played either of the first two Infamous games, but the variable frame rate in Second Som is fucking atrocious. Totally takes me out of it when I'm running around at a nice steady 30fps, then blip up to 60 while climbing up a building, ten blip back to 30 when I get to the top.

What. The. Fuck. I wish I could slap the shit out of the dumbass at Sucker Punch who made that call.

The shitty thing is I think the actual gameplay is really fun and I think I would love the game if the frame rate didn't aggravate me so much. I honestly have no idea why devs do this shit. I thought it was unbearable in Shadow Fall, but this game takes judder to a whole new level.

Ugh.

It was unbearable in Shadowfall because it's a first person shooter. I get what you're trying to say about Infamous Second Son, I have no problems, the game is incredibly fun. May be I got used to the variable frame rate since original infamous days back in 2009.

styl3s

Like hell it doesn't interfere with the core experience. I've never played either of the first two Infamous games, but the variable frame rate in Second Som is fucking atrocious. Totally takes me out of it when I'm running around at a nice steady 30fps, then blip up to 60 while climbing up a building, then blip back to 30 once I get to the top.

The shitty thing is I think the actual gameplay is really fun and I think I would love the game if the frame rate didn't aggravate me so much. I honestly have no idea why devs do this shit. I thought it was unbearable in Shadow Fall, but this game takes judder to a whole new level.

Ugh.
6 hours in and it hasn't effected my core experience.

Hyperbole-a-mania runs wild in this thread. It's not THAT bad and do you know why most people and reviewers don't bring it up? Because it's not a big deal. They aren't going to patch it because it isn't a big deal.

vypek

Why the hell is the text so small in the menu?

just stupid

This is one of the few complaints I have with the game right now. I moved to a different seat not so close to my TV and I couldn't read the text (I have glasses and relatively poor eyes) so I had to move back to the other seat. The other problem I have is that I feel sometimes they're are just way too many enemies around or interrupting my fight that I'm having on a side mission (the pin-point accuracy was annoying for a bit but I'm learning to keep moving in battle).

Also, is it me or is this slightly more challenging than the previous infamous games? I'm on normal right now and it feels tougher than the previous games...or maybe I'm just very rusty.

scoobs

Like hell it doesn't interfere with the core experience. I've never played either of the first two Infamous games, but the variable frame rate in Second Son is fucking atrocious. Totally takes me out of it when I'm running around at a nice steady 30fps, then blip up to 60 while climbing up a building, then blip back to 30 once I get to the top.

The shitty thing is that I think the actual gameplay is really fun, and I think that I would love the game if the frame rate didn't aggravate me so much. I honestly have no idea why devs do this shit. I thought it was unbearable in Shadow Fall, but this game takes judder to a whole new level.

Ugh.
Wow, I have not had a single issue with the frame rate....

molnizzle

I would rather them add the option to cap it at 30 in the settings because only a handful of people have bitched while everyone else is enjoying it and isn't effected by it.

I'm totally fine with that. Hell, I think that it should be mandated by Sony that games with unlocked frame rates have the option to cap at 30.

I'm super envious of those who aren't affected by it. Unfortunately I'm not one of them, and these severe judder fluctuations completely ruin the experience for me.

george_us

This fucking game.

Combat is so much better than the previous inFamous games. So much better. Story and characters are great too. Feels like the first time in forever I've actually played a game where the protagonists motivations are crystal clear.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just picked up my pre-order copy from Best Buy. Really weird though they had like zero cases on the floor in the video games section nor any ads. Versus them having a little cardboard pop-up for titanfall with copies of the game in it and (of all things) a cardboard ad for Murdered: soul suspect o_O

Hyperbole-a-mania runs wild in this thread. It's not THAT bad and do you know why most people and reviewers don't bring it up? Because it's not a big deal. They aren't going to patch it because it isn't a big deal.

you never know. they patched it in killzone ;)

Loudninja

This is one of the few complaints I have with the game right now. I moved to a different seat not so close to my TV and I couldn't read the text (I have glasses and relatively poor eyes) so I had to move back to the other seat. The other problem I have is that I feel sometimes they're are just way too many enemies around or interrupting my fight that I'm having on a side mission (the pin-point accuracy was annoying for a bit but I'm learning to keep moving in battle).

Also, is it me or is this slightly more challenging than the previous infamous games? I'm on normal right now and it feels tougher than the previous games...or maybe I'm just very rusty.
It is pretty hard you have to be careful.

Megasoum

Banned
I can't decide which side to go... For some reason inFamous has always been the only game where I actually go to the "bad" side...every other games where I have the choice I go the good side. The powers just look more fun on the evil side lol.

The thing is... I picked good side in the first choice so I wonder if I should restart? I right after the bridge at the beginning so it would'nt be that long.

Top Bottom