• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

vypek

Once you get Neon powers you don't need to climb. Climbing is terrible in this game for sure.

I feel its the only thing that didn't improve but rather step back. Feels bad compared to previous installments...but then again, you're not meant to be climbing that much, right? :) Traversal and scaling buildings is definitely awesome in this game

Bebpo

Banned
Graphics look incredibly in the non-open world parts like the beginning. Seriously, best looking next-gen game in those sections.

The main city looks good but definitely looks a little less impressive in exchange for the scale.

Game seems cool. Story/writing definitely seem better than the old games. Not sure about combat yet, it seems like there's way more enemies you are fighting at once. Hopefully when you get some more powers you can blow right through them.

GHG

You know the problem with this game? It looks a bit too good.

No seriously. It looks too good. I spent an hour just doing nothing but running around looking at stuff/views and spamming the share button.

This is the best looking game out there IMO and I'm a seasoned PC downsampling gamer. It's very impressive how everything just comes together.

So, is it weird that the stencil art is one of my absolute favorite things about the game?

Not only is it a neat and natural utilization of motion control, I just love seeing each new piece of art.

Incredible.

Early game screen shots. Mostly just testing the Share feature which seems to be constantly not working for me.

#InfamousSwag
3PmPAz1.jpg

DAT POSE
vfCysh6.jpg

MOoGddD.jpg

SFMnoaW.jpg

bgpesA6.jpg

kYPQRvJ.jpg

CI20CXi.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Finally home from work and the grocery store, and am just starting the game. As a diehard inFAMOUS fan, I am really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this one. I tend to take my time with games, so I'm not going to blow through it.

Shit, I think the game just glitches on me. I was trying to cross into the lantern district, and
during the fight with the big concrete guy after speaking with Augustine, he disappeared. Now his life bar is on screen, but there's no music and the dude vanished.

What the fuck do I do?

soup or man

Neo Member
Picked up the limited edition today. This is probably the most fun I've had on my PS4 yet, and I've had some good fun. The vibrant color and reflections in this game are both really impressive. I'd be blown away if those puddles splashed when I ran through 'em, though. I don't hate Delsin's personality as much as some people. Actually I don't hate it at all. He's OK so far. Maybe he'll annoy me later.

GHG

This is my first infamous game...is the whole power thing normal to the world?

Have you started playing yet? Everything is explained right at the very beginning.

I'm new to infamous and have had no trouble understanding and following the story.

vypek

So, is it weird that the stencil art is one of my absolute favorite things about the game?

Not only is it a neat and natural utilization of motion control, I just love seeing each new piece of art.

Incredible.

I've come to enjoy seeing what the pictures turn out to be. They're nice so far. I'm interested in what the other karma pictures look like. I'll find out on my second playthrough

Have being played for 3 or 4 hours and the game is outstanding. Graphics, the weather, the reflections and lightning are amazing.
I just feel that the city should have more noise in the background.

Neon power is so much greate than the smoke one. Can't wait to get the third one and see if I get suprised.
Agreed on the first part. City ambient noises are way too subdued.

jaypah

So both GameStops (Barataria and Belle Promenade), WalMart (on Lapalco) and Toys R Us (on Lapalco) were sold out here on the westbank of New Orleans. The thirst was apparently real.
WalMart and Toys R Us both had PS4s though for anyone in the area looking for one

Con_Smith

Banned
Sold a lot of copies today and now to finally sit back and enjoy it.

Going in pretty blind besides that first leak vid on gaf so can't wait.

Namikaze1

I'm sure this been asked many times before but has there been word yet on when we can connect to the inFAMOUS Paper Trail site? Or even how to complete Part 1 to start Part 2? I really would like to finish part 1.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, count me in on the stencil graffiti fan club. The most intuitive motion control-to-screen I've felt. Speaker adds a nice quality, and I enjoy shaking the can, even if its unnecessary.

Incredible.

The thing that I find so cool about this is that when you are actually spraying if you shake the controller you can hear the ball rolling around inside the dualshock 4! :)

This game is every bit as good as I was hoping it to be :D

Gameplay is fantastic, far faster and snappier than previous installments. Goes without saying the graphics are top notch. The facial animations are ridiculously good. The traversal mechanics are as fun as they are useful. I don't know if I'd ever be able to go back to replay the original two inFamous games after this. The improvements are just too good!

i got this in the mail today from amazon, and holy fuckkkkk does it look great! plays great as well, i enjoyed the first infamous though never got to the second one

gonna be a long night of gaming tonight!

Jagxyz

Question, just got neon and...

When you're choosing good or bad, after choosing good delsin walked away with fetch saying "we need to talk". After that the get new powers mission started.
Did they actually talk in a cutscene that I accidentally skipped? Transition felt strange.

Megasoum

Banned
So does the game has an autosave/checkpoint feature? Just want to make sure before I quit... When I got to the "Save Game" screen I only see the manual save I made like 2h ago.

DirtyLarry

2.5 hours just felt like 30 minutes.
What a treat to be able to do that on a Friday night as well. My wife went out with some friends for dinner, and I cannot recall the last time I got to come home from work, put in a new game, and just play it for a few hours straight. Damn wish I could do that more.
Anyway I digress. The fact 2.5 hours felt like 30 minutes pretty much says it all for me.
Truly enjoying the hell out of it.

With that said I also am what I believe to be the minority of people who truly enjoyed the previous games in the series.
And make no mistake about it, it is an Infamous game.
Just everything is better.

Some things, such as the visuals, are insanely better.
The particle effects truly are bonkers, and just seeing them in a screenshot does not do them justice.
I really have not seen better in a game. Even on PC. They are just stunning.

I will say I think It's actually very easy to take this game for granted.
What I mean by that is they have improved the mobility a decent amount. Traversing the city just seems much easier than previous games.
It's easy to take it for granted and I think that's worth pointing out.

The story seems decent enough. No doubt serviceable.
I personally do not play video games for the story so I admittedly do not pay a whole lot of attention to it. What I have picked up on seems decent enough. The writers are not Hemmingway or Shakespeare, that's for sure. Your standard video game stuff to be honest. I have not cringed at anything, so that's saying something.

Just a damn fun game that looks spectacular.

Really nothing much else to say.

DirtyLarry

I'm sure this been asked many times before but has there been word yet on when we can connect to the inFAMOUS Paper Trail site? Or even how to complete Part 1 to start Part 2? I really would like to finish part 1.

The FAQ on the Paper Trail website says 9 PM Pacific Time today in the US, so that is 15 minutes from now.
Good luck though, the site is crashing all over the place for me and it is not even live yet.

Apeopleman

When you're choosing good or bad, after choosing good delsin walked away with fetch saying "we need to talk". After that the get new powers mission started.
Did they actually talk in a cutscene that I accidentally skipped? Transition felt strange.

You didn't skip anything, there's nothing after that scene

schick85

Yeah, I was stranged out by that too.

I've played a few hours worth and barely done anything. Just been jumping around and looking at stuff, saving lives, tagging buildings, etc. Not really doing much mission wise. :p

Such a pretty game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This game is gorgeous. Holy crap.

Also, to get the most out of the ambient sounds you need to turn dialogue down to 7, and music down to 5, then crank up your normal volume up louder than normal. It really, really helps. The default mix is pretty poor. (and it defaults to TV Speakers for some reason).

So I put another 4 hours into the game and I see what the reviewers didn't like about it now. I still think it's a good game, but it does suffer from repetition for sure. It's damn beautiful, though, and worth playing just for presentation alone I feel.

Loudninja

This game is gorgeous. Holy crap.

Also, to get the most out of the ambient sounds you need to turn dialogue down to 7, and music down to 5, then crank up your normal volume up louder than normal. It really, really helps. The default mix is pretty poor. (and it defaults to TV Speakers for some reason).
Yep it helps alot.

Chuck

Still without luck
Loving it so far. Already the most fun I've had with inFamous ever. It can't be overstated how much of a better character Delsin is than Cole. And goodness gracious, it looks so good @_@

and thanks for the tip, chubigans. will do that.

I don't play open world games much but I love this one. Delsin is just a great character all around. He exudes cool. The traversal is excellent and Seattle was just a damn good choice of locale. I just want some grunge rock to complete the experience.

This is by far the best game in the series. Right now I would give it a 9 out of 10 but I am no where near final on that.

Top Bottom