• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

JayEH

I just played the first part of the Cole's Legacy DLC and... I'm a bit underwhelmed. I don't know why but for some reason I thought it would be this cool hour long side story with a different character a couple years before SS starts.

Guess I should have known better :(

vypek

Is it me, or do they return to the same exact spot we've already cleared out?

They do. Seems the locations aren't random. I guess they keep respawning for karma experience but you are right, they definitely do always come to the same exact spot.

This was actually useful to me when I was going for a certain trophy (Double Smoke Stack Attack)

omonimo

Banned
Weird how Naughty Dog had better facial expressions on PS3 then Sucker Punch on PS4. Also, is it me or does Reggie resemble Geoff Keighley?
Quite fun because I found the animations easily a generation ahead to any ps3 ND game. I can't imagine ND on ps4 what will do.
Definitely enjoying it more now I have neon power I got locked into good powers for the first few hours now iv gone evil it's much more fun. Soundtrack isn't on par with infamous 1 IMO though very barebones also I have definitely noticed some drops in the frame rate when the action picks up.
I suspect fps 'drop' more because it's higher to 30 fps then the opposite but I could wrong.

Fbh

Damn this game is fun.

I've probably played like 4 hours and I think I've done 2 or 3 main missions.

I've spent a lot of time doing some sidetasks and clearing out areas.

Honestly, it feels like Naughty Dog took a stab at Infamous. Sucker Punch have really come into their own over the past several years.

Was thinking the same thing.

Solid game, impressive vissuals and the overall writing all give it a sort of "Naughty Dog" feeling which I'm really liking

Whoever said the framerate was a stable 30fps was lying. I get constant dips, still easily playable but it's definitely not a locked 30.

Yep, it's not locked.

Still runs better than most open world games on Ps3 (IMO) but yeah, it goes below 30.

Vitter.

sucks that my digital copy gets to a point and I have to wait eternity to play some more because it downloads the rest of the game... sucks ass... not even in the city yet!

Pop

idk if this has been posted..but this was posted on the facebook page, dont think ive seen it before. They posted a pic with a room filled with origami, obviously referencing paper trail...then this link. Anyone know what this is

http://departmentofunifiedprotection.com/intranet

I just did the first mission for this and oh I wasn't expecting that...haha

Why I finished, the game tried to connect to the papertrail website but failed.

Megasoum

Banned
I ordered a set of those stickers on ebay... In the meantime, GHETTO STYLE!

photo1qcx27.jpg

I just did the first mission for this and oh I wasn't expecting that...haha

Why I finished, the game tried to connect to the papertrail website but failed.

yeah, thats been happening for the last week. Something might be happening because its difficult to get on the paper trail site right now...or its just getting slammed and slowly dying lol

Is it too late to do the paper trail stuff? Already started the game myself. Is it worth it? What does it do, exactly (

they are missions that will be released over the next six weeks...u could wait until those weeks are over and get them all. We dont know what they do as of right now, only the first mission is available

Edit: and for everyone else asking YOU CANNOT LINK YOUR ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW

There are few things I can complain about in this game.

The only gripe I have is the lack of variety in side missions.

They are so close to perfection in my book. The sequel could be the Uncharted 2 of the PS4.

Maligna

Banned
Just played my first session... graphics are amazing...
1781775_10152351435199439_684414322_o.jpg

Took some screenshots, unfortunately I wasn't aware it would also capture all the HUD for the stream I was doing... that never ended up garnering any viewers.

Just did my first showdown. This is pretty fuckin sweet so far.

My only complaint is the voice direction. I think the acting is mostly fine but I'm really annoyed by the "i am always shouting at you" conversations that persist in open world games. Just a small nitpick though.

todd360

I just played about an hour and I was very surprised to see that the
powers are all revealed like 10-20 minutes in. I already heard about what they all were but dayum Sucker Punch. I thought you were trying to keep them a huge secret lol.

Timu

This game, this game made my jaw drop.o_O

My screens look clean as hell and show how ridiculously good this game looks.

Megasoum

Banned
Wow they don't kid around with the big choice right at the beginning lol...

Arghh I don't know where to go... At least in the first 2games you could see a preview of the different powers so you could choose which way you wanted to go.

Sanke__

I just played about an hour and I was very surprised to see that the
powers are all revealed like 10-20 minutes in. I already heard about what they all were but dayum Sucker Punch. I thought you were trying to keep them a huge secret lol.

Uhm

there are more

Anyone else not able to download the DLC and vests and such? I bought the CE and got preorder codes.

Keeps coming up as Cannot Download, and it gives and error instead of an option to retry the download.

Lame.

Sanke__

Anyone else not able to download the DLC and vests and such? I bought the CE and got preorder codes.

Keeps coming up as Cannot Download, and it gives and error instead of an option to retry the download.

Lame.

Don't worry dlc should be unlocked when you play

There is no download
Just unlocks for the content

Don't know why it shows up as downloads in the notifications

Carl

I just played the first part of the Cole's Legacy DLC and... I'm a bit underwhelmed. I don't know why but for some reason I thought it would be this cool hour long side story with a different character a couple years before SS starts.

Guess I should have known better :(

Finished it all and immediately forgot what Haas happened. Pointless.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Hey guys how much of Seattle do you access? Is it just downtown or can you go over to the Freemont area too? Or Capitol Hill, etc.?

Top Bottom