• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Sooo has one of the collectibles completely glitched out on me?

A drone in Rainier(?) district. Marked on the map but I go there and there's no drone anywhere to be found, neither in the air or on the rooftop. Must've looked for at least 20 minutes around the area.

As a rule of thumb if a drone is hard to find it's hiding under a pass or a balcony.

Jigolo

Sooo has one of the collectibles completely glitched out on me?

A drone in Rainier(?) district. Marked on the map but I go there and there's no drone anywhere to be found, neither in the air or on the rooftop. Must've looked for at least 20 minutes around the area.
under.
I spent a few minutes looking for these 2 and couldn't find and I was getting pissed....until I went under.

StuBurns

Banned
Got to the second half, and have seen the third power, which I won't mention of course, but I have a question for people who've finished the game.

DO NOT HIGHLIGHT
At the start of the game, when you're forced to walk because the bus passengers hate conduits, you walk the broken road and it's covered in fucked cars, all of which for me had the digital swords from the third power in them. At the time it seemed bizarre, as if they were meant to have the smoke and it was a bug. Just wondering if that was a bug, or if it's a story thing I'll get to?
DO NOT HIGHLIGHT

Voror

Is there something wrong with the Paper Trail site? I've been trying to link my PSN Account for a while now and just keep getting a 404 error.

Got to the second half, and have seen the third power, which I won't mention of course, but I have a question for people who've finished the game.

DO NOT HIGHLIGHT
At the start of the game, when you're forced to walk because the bus passengers hate conduits, you walk the broken road and it's covered in fucked cars, all of which for me had the digital swords from the third power in them. At the time it seemed bizarre, as if they were meant to have the smoke and it was a bug. Just wondering if that was a bug, or if it's a story thing I'll get to?
DO NOT HIGHLIGHT

They were meant to be there, you don't get into it later on, it's pretty obvious what happened there.

Dead

well not really...yet

DO NOT HIGHLIGHT
DO NOT HIGHLIGHT
It's basically hinting at what powers you will be getting through the game, as both escaped conduits made their way through there fighting the DUP

Wereroku

Is there something wrong with the Paper Trail site? I've been trying to link my PSN Account for a while now and just keep getting a 404 error.

Yeah broken I am not sure what their estimates were on the popularity of this game but it is being smashed they are probably going to have to get some more servers. Or the dark side is someone is DDOSing them.

FaintDeftone

Picked the game up today. I have a wedding to go to today so I won't be able to really dig into it until tonight but I did play a bit while my wife was taking forever to get ready and I really like the story set up so far. I like Delsin more than Cole.

Looking forward to playing more.

Got the 3rd power like 20 minutes ago. Just got some upgrades on how you move a building. SOOOOOOOO GOOOD. ahahahahah so inventive, I would have never guessed. Great creative job Sucker Punch!

Hazanko

Banned
Not completed yet, im at third power. It took a while to get used to compared to infamous 1&2. I thought climbing seemed harder but have gotten used to it now. The game is really good once you get into it.

DukeBobby

Holy shit, this game looks amazing at night. It's definitely one of the best looking games I've ever played.

I wasn't a big fan of the first Infamous, and I never played the sequel, but I'm having a lot of fun with this one so far. I was hesitant to pick it up, but I'm glad I did.

people on reddit were able to get through all of paper trail on the website somehow...i guess there is no more actual gameplay to unlock right now according to someone over there

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
people on reddit were able to get through all of paper trail on the website somehow...i guess there is no more actual gameplay to unlock right now according to someone over there

I've gotten a couple of the pages to load with the pictures, but I have no idea how to tell if it registered that I viewed it.

I've gotten a couple of the pages to load with the pictures, but I have no idea how to tell if it registered that I viewed it.

i cant get the wallet or signal tracker to load...the two most important parts lol. I cant tell if anything has registered either

I just beat it. Holy hell, what a ride.

I beat the game in two sittings with a total of 15 hours played. And somehow, I want to jump right back in and do an evil playthrough.

Addicting! And I'm so curious to see what the evil story is like. (And the evil stencil art!)

Sorian

Banned
I just beat it. Holy hell, what a ride.

I beat the game in two sittings with a total of 15 hours played. And somehow, I want to jump right back in and do an evil playthrough.

Addicting! And I'm so curious to see what the evil story is like. (And the evil stencil art!)

The stencil art has been my favorite part.

Megasoum

Banned
So, the meter that goes up when you do good actions that lets you do the cosmic drop... Does it goes down by itself? Somehow it's almost never fulls for me.

Jedi2016

Man, this game is pretty... I think I have more screenshots from this game than all my other PS4 games combined. And I've only just gotten Neon.

For anyone having trouble with (boss spoiler)
He Who Dwells on expert or otherwise, the boss is easily cheesed by abusing the lifts to dodge all the attacks and launch your own. Also when he splits into the smaller angels and moves location he's very vulnerable and seems to take enhanced damage

Pop

Save says I'm at 77% on my Good playthough at about 13 hours right now. I really enjoy all the powers right now, more so the third one. It's just so badass. I get where people cleared the story in 10 hrs or less, I would have to if I rushed through the missions.

Great game so far, I would say it's a must buy for the Ps4 and a console seller.

This game is unplayable.

So I was playing the game earlier and then took a break, and hours later came back to the game. However, when I turn on my PS4 it told me an application (I presume it was Second Son) was updating and then I booted up SS once that finished.

But now when I load into the world, everything is too dark. Its as if the world was at night but without any lighting whatsoever I've tried adjusting the game's brightness, my TV, and setting PS4 to HDMI Limited, but none of these have helped. So I figured it must bee the update that I noticed earlier but I can't see to find the patch to delete it so I tried deleting the whole game, but the problem still persists.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any workarounds? Is this a bug?

Here are some screenshots I took via PS4.

iSSblackout_zps0fdc8b34.jpg

iSSblackred_zps03e9c67d.jpg

iSSred_zps174c5a63.jpg

No one?

Seriously, almost never being able to do my cosmic drop really sucks.

One more reason I should've gone bad instead of good.

I never had a problem with getting good karma, just subdue enemies by using the smoke bomb which makes them choke or when you get neon it becomes so damn easy to get good karma

styl3s

That's really annoying.
My method is to fill it by grenade/subdue drug stuff before going into a mission or attacking one of those points and the dropping down and grenading/subduing everyone that is still standing.

Never fire rockets in crowded areas. If you are going for the good path always go for grenade/subdue unless you are using Neon then i can't help you because i don't use neon, i think it's far less weak IMO. I can gather up the super move in like 10 seconds with smoke.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Seriously, almost never being able to do my cosmic drop really sucks.

One more reason I should've gone bad instead of good.

Start learning to subdue. You have to actually BE good and not kill everyone.
In gameplay it means throwing L1 grenades to facilitate the subduing routine and probably not using the third power much at all.

Jedi2016

That's not even the prettiest power. The next one is so visually arresting.
I caught glimpses of it during the opening segment heading towards Seattle. I think I know what it is (combined with what I think are the "drain points" around the city), but aside from what we see at the beginning, I have no idea how it works, and I'm keeping spoiler-free. Should be fun!

Just third grenade and subdue.

Also get the upgrade for smoke dash into subdue

-/

Just got to the red light district . This new conduit power seems pretty insane

Top Bottom