• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

It's nice to see a nod to one of my favorite burger places in Seattle.

Real-Life:
dicsdriveinh1sxu.jpg

Infamous: SS:
bjwubkgccaefh-y.jpg_l8jaw9.jpg

Cole .....
I still refuse to believe hes dead inFamous 3 with him would be brilliant. Hes much more powerful than delsin as well.

Well
One of the Audio Logs commented that (present time) only Dhalsin can use the blast shards to Power Up. Gameplay/Story segregation aside, is clear that Cole and Dhalsin are "special" coundits.
A sequel may can expand the idea as
Zeke is still around and fighting for the Conduits (nice shoot out to his monologue at the good ending of Infamous 2)

I actually liked the story way better than Infamous 1 and the first half of Infamous 2. Then again, I really like Superheroe stories. Hope for a sequel or more episodic content to
max the concrete powers.

Also, I'm the only one that expected that the end plot twist was that
Reggie is a D.U.P/CoverAgent and the actual informant
? I was surprised that didn't happen

Quick question about the powers. Would you say its better to get the third power before I go around clearing the city/doing side missions. I know what it is and it looks insanely cool. I just got neon. How much further away is the next power?

Gaz_RB

Does remote play seem a little too dark to you guys? Otherwise it works really well
Quick question about the powers. Would you say its better to get the third power before I go around clearing the city/doing side missions. I know what it is and it looks insanely cool. I just got neon. How much further away is the next power?

Just get it. Then slow down. It's fairly close after neon.

_woLf

This game looks really good but I have to admit it drives me absolutely insane that there is no splash effects when you're walking in puddles. Such a strange oversight...

Makes me feel like I'm walking on a sheet of glass above the puddle.

B-Dex

I've been clearing out all the districts and only have neon and smoke. I would say the last 1/4 of them would be easier done with the 3rd power.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I did not just spend twenty minutes using noting but my smoke powers to defeat the earth guy, only for the cutscene to completely negate that fact and say I used neon anyway

This game looks really good but I have to admit it drives me absolutely insane that there is no splash effects when you're walking in puddles. Such a strange oversight...

I didn't even notice... it's going to bug me now, isn't it?

I can't wait to play more, first game in awhile that has caused me insatiable urges to play.

chogidogs

This game is gorgeous! I don't have a good PC but I imagine this is close to having a game run on a great machine. Just starting out but I'm loving this so far.

nullpoynter

I've never played an Infamous game before, but I have to say this is one of the best games I've played in awhile. I'm having so much fun with it. I'm so glad I decided to pick it up yesterday. It truly is f'n fantastic! All the reviewers who gave this game a bad score need to find another profession.

I had a lot of fun.That said I hope Sucker Punch learns a thing or two about Naughty Dog and the power of character development. Also please... a better plot next time?

Jigolo

Just beat the game on evil on normal. That ending though. Haven't cleared out the DUP because I wanted to save that for last when I was stacked with a variety of powers. At 79% right now with about 11 hours played. That final boss fight was a visual spectacle but it was merely an okay boss fight. I enjoyed it non the less. I spoiled the fourth power for myself before knowing and thought I would hate it but using it is actually pretty fun. Not my favorite but fun.

This is a very good and fun game in my opinion with flaws. The main flaws being that the side missions become boring and repetitive, enemies are lacking, and there isn't much to do in the city. Sightseeing and traversal in the city are really the only two things I would consider fun outside of beating up the DUP. The good for me was the enjoyable protagonist and the tight pacing in the story (the story itself wasn't that great but not bad). The combat is also awesome, miles better than the previous two infamous games which I thought the combat was already good. The game does an amazing job of making you feel like an super powered person due to two things, the great choices to make powers of by SP and their move sets and Delsin has that superhero personality. And I can't forget the graphics, as an open world game, these graphics are impressive as fuck. That's really all that has to be said about the visuals. :claps for SP:

I'd give it a 3.5/5 stars on my scale.

Once I do 100% on this I'm going to replay as good on expert. Reading through the thread I'm expecting that to be very interesting considering how careful you have to be with your specials because civilian casualties.

Hasney

Ugh, been really enjoying this and then the last boss is just too long winded and one dimensional to be enjoyable. Oh well, one little bit of bad compared to all the other great things.

iamjohn

Am I crazy for saying this is the one of the most fun games I have ever played? I've never played inFAMOUS 1 or 2 so this is all new to me. And it's fantastic. I feel like it's a more polished, more fun crackdown.

This is my first Infamous game, so maybe I'm just not getting something. But in the first district I'm missing the secret agent, hidden camera, audio log, and stencil arts. They aren't showing up on the map for me either. Is there any way to find them without just randomly running around and shooting at everything? The "district showdown" is locked for me also.

RetroStu

Banned
Are there no monsters in this like in the other Infamous games?, i'm about 7 hours into watching a playthrough and all they have been fighting is the stupid DUP guys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One big glaring problem I have with the game, and I guess it's not that big but it hurts the character.

The writing and dialogue are great. Troy should not be voicing Delsin. He sounds too old to fit Delsin's appearance to me, and I've heard his voice too many times before.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh my, the second district is stunning. I'm worried that I might crush this game in just a few days, but it's hard to put down.

Slixshot

Banned
Game over. Time to platinum. Really enjoyed this game. I'd give it a solid 8.75. Not amazing (other than the graphics) but very enjoyable.

Edit: I'd say the powers were amazing, including traversal. But, the missions are pretty repetitive. They are fun though, so that's what keeps me from lowering it.

dstarMDA

Start learning to subdue. You have to actually BE good and not kill everyone.
In gameplay it means throwing L1 grenades to facilitate the subduing routine and probably not using the third power much at all.

You can't be serious !

With the third power, L1 becomes a karma bomb-spamming machine. It's almost too easy.

Are there no monsters in this like in the other Infamous games?, i'm about 7 hours into watching a playthrough and all they have been fighting is the stupid DUP guys.

I don't think so, I'm further in and no signs. Good news for me, they were just big and frustrating in inFamous 2

Hasney

You can't be serious !

With the third power, L1 becomes a karma bomb-spamming machine. It's almost too easy.

Yup! Just use triangle instead of square.

Also, about the credits:
If you want to reward me for playing the game during your unskippable credits sequence, at least fork out for the actual nirvana version of the song

Megasoum

Banned
I'm not a fan of using the d-pad as a "main" button.. Not really the game's fault I guess but I think it's the only weak spot on the DS4.

Did I see that people weren't enjoying the
boss fights
?

Because I enjoyed every single one quite a bit.

I LOVED the (third power spoiler)
Eugene Boss fight. It felt so cool, it felt classic.
However, the
final
boss fight had me tearing out my hair on Expert difficulty because of how little damage you can take and how
Augustine kept shooting giant concrete bombs at you in her scorpion form. If you got stuck on the side of the arena by the giant TVs you couldn't hide from them
and how it kept resetting the boss to 3/4ths health after you died, even after you trigger the 1/4th health cooldown. I must have died ten times before I finally got it.

DigiMish

This is my first Infamous game, so maybe I'm just not getting something. But in the first district I'm missing the secret agent, hidden camera, audio log, and stencil arts. They aren't showing up on the map for me either. Is there any way to find them without just randomly running around and shooting at everything? The "district showdown" is locked for me also.

Keep playing - you have to progress in the story a little bit more.

JJD

Anyone knows if the game autosaves after you complete missions?

Just completed a hard one, but died soon after trying to liberate a neighborhood. Now the game is stuck on the loading screen since I haven't finished downloading the whole game yet.

I want to keep playing, but I'm afraid of quitting the game, starting again and losing the progress I made. I haven't saved in quite awhile.

I'm not worried about the download of the game, because on the same loading screen there is a message saying that quitting won't affect my download...but what about my progress???

Help?

Top Bottom