• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

legbone

well, after just a few hours with the game i can say this is definitely infamous. but that's a good thing to me. i absolutely adored the first game. may have been my first platinum if i remember correctly. for some reason the second game never grabbed me and i ended up quitting part way through. i may have to go back and finish it but after playing this i have a feeling there's no way i can. this game is the best looking game i have ever played since i'm not a pc gamer. but the one thing that has grabbed me that i did not expect was the story. i love the interaction between del and his brother. i was afraid i would hate del but turns out he can be funny. can't wait to sink some more time into it but my roommate has taken over the tv and well, she will cut me if she doesn't get to watch her american idol on the dvr. time to invest in another tv i think. anyway, bravo to sucker punch. can't wait to see what they do with sly on the ps4.

Neofx

Just finished my good playthrough. Can't believe how much fun I had with this game, I didnt really like 1 and 2. But goddamn this game is incredible. Well done Sucker Punch. 9/10.

Expected to use Neon the most, but damn the third power is my favorite.

Starting my evil playthrough tomorrow ;)

Saberus

in case anyone else has the same prob

ive got a pretty decent surround sound system and it was sounding very tinny/echoy, only on this game and i couldnt figure out why

turns out this game defaults to "tv only" sound output, if you go into the settings and change it to home theatre it sounds great. this is through the settings menu of the game, not the receiver or ps4 btw

so if you have a home theater system, do this :)

I talked about this yesterday also, this should be added to the OP, as I've seen lots of comments about odd sound.

Dead

well not really...yet
Is how fucked up the paper trail site is a sign of just how many people are trying to access it, or is the site just garbs

iblpLsEWG0H2hg.gif

Is how fucked up the paper trail site is a sign of just how many people are trying to access it, or is the site just garbs

i would say the site just sucks...or is in the processing of being updated. It wasnt working at odd times of the night, when hardly anyone would be on I imagine. So it shouldnt be from too many people

VanWinkle

Everyone always talks about how surprising the third power is. I haven't seen it yet, but I notice nobody ever talks about the fourth. Is it not as surprising?

What are the chances of them adding a new power within the paper tail campaign? I want to believe that i'd be like konan xO.

Just managed to link my account =D.

GeometryHead

Neo Member
Finished the game yesterday, everything goes downhill after fetch :(

Ffs this feels even more rushed than infamous1.

I sort of agree with you, but only because they introduced things I didn't enjoy at that point.
The boss fights are terrible. Predictable, cheap and drawn out.

But I absolutely love the video power, and taking on the last couple of districts with it made up for the shitty boss fights, imo.

I got this game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far. Couldn't get into the first infamous game but this one I like. Being able to get around fast is great.

Sorian

Banned
Everyone always talks about how surprising the third power is. I haven't seen it yet, but I notice nobody ever talks about the fourth. Is it not as surprising?

I only have smoke at the moment and I could probably already tell you what the 4th power is so no, not really surprising.

schick85

Great game overall. This game is in serious need of some DLC featuring
Fetch, Eugene, and Delsin as a team
though.
The three conduits didn't much of a team like the ending suggests.

Because you don't get the 4th till you basically finish the game (well almost) and never really use it unless you want to 100% everything afterwards. Also 3rd is best lol

viveks86

Man! Got back home at midnight and played for 6 hours straight on expert. Haven't even gotten neon yet! I get so carried away chasing drones!

Impressions - amazing graphics, phenomenal voice acting and facial animations (betty was so good!), likable characters, fun gameplay. Expert is hard as hell for the first playthrough. Took a while to get used to the way he controls.

I actually had no issues with climbing at all. No idea what all the complaining was about.

The load times are unbelievably good. With my ssd, reloading after death is near instantaneous! The first load is lightning fast too! Felt like 30 seconds. Will time it properly today

The only gripes so far - judder and lod/pop-in issues at street level. I'm quite sensitive to judder and I can clearly see it in when I'm not in the thick of action and just panning the camera. There seems to be hardly any pop-in when you are high above buildings. Seems to be an issue only when you jog on a long street. It's probably expected in an open world game, but it detracts from an otherwise flawless presentation

Loving it. From what i've read, things only get better. Highly recommend this game!

I was able to look at the three things from paper trail, but i cant do the 4th step with the signal tracker. Giving up for now, will try later tonight

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Gotta love that
Zeke Jedediah Dunbar
cameo!

Anyway, 100% light path. Pretty fantastic through and through, doesn't outstay the welcome, definitely one of the best-looking games I've ever played. I wish Sucker Punch to capitalize on the success and deliver a truly stunning game next, be it the next inFamous, the next Sly or something completely new.

Kuldar

Yeah what the hell? What code are you supposed to type in for this?
It's a code you can find by using the
detective website
. You need to use informations gathered from the wallet to find the code. And that's why I can't do it since I can't load the wallet.

Bookoo

Yep after you link it you have to go in game do the first part then it checks online in game and just hangs there because so many people are using it.

Fly? You mean glide in the video power right? Neon is so much better for traversal and good playthroughs

No way!
Video is so much better if you get the double use in air and the airwaves ability that lifts you up when you pull back on the thumb stick. You can make it very wide distances in the air like smoke and then if you hit a building you quickly fly up it like Neon. Best of both worlds

Just finished the game... the story was very predictable and felt short, but I still have to clear out a lot of the city. I think Infamous 1 & 2 had a much more interesting story. I thought the dialogue in this game was sort of strange. Reggie
was probably the worst character in the game. They kept having him going back and forth on his opinion of the conduits from one cut scene to the next.

So I've gotten used to the controls now. Its still a bit clunky but the game is a lot of fun.

Its like they added neon climbing just to counter the ridiculous controls and traversal in this game.

And damn, is everyone allergic to water in this universe? At least you don't die this time around.

Cubed

I have 100% finished the game on my good Playthrough. I have also earned many of the extra trophies. I think all I have left is "cough drop," beat the game on evil, and complete the game on expert difficulty.

I have found the game to be really enjoyable, and graphically it's right there with Killzone as an example of what the PS4 can do. However, I found the latter half of the game to be nowhere near as fun as the first half. I'm not even a big fan of the third power, which everyone seems to love. I have completely upgraded all of the powers in the game and I still like Neon the best.

Barring the evil playthrough turning into something completely magical, I would give the game 8/10. I really like the game, but it's definitely no classic or anything.

I guess the best summary, and also biggest praise I could give the game, is that if someone asked me if it was worth buying a PlayStation 4 for, I would say yes, if you're really big into action adventure games. If you aren't really into action adventure then maybe, if there is at least one other game you want. It's definitely an experience most gamers should have and should enjoy.

Jigolo

Gotta love that
Zeke Jedediah Dunbar
cameo!

Anyway, 100% light path. Pretty fantastic through and through, doesn't outstay the welcome, definitely one of the best-looking games I've ever played. I wish Sucker Punch to capitalize on the success and deliver a truly stunning game next, be it the next inFamous, the next Sly or something completely new.
i think its been reported they are working on a new IP. I'd have to find it but I believe it was in an interview

Carl

Sooo has one of the collectibles completely glitched out on me?

A drone in Rainier(?) district. Marked on the map but I go there and there's no drone anywhere to be found, neither in the air or on the rooftop. Must've looked for at least 20 minutes around the area.

Moosichu

Cole .....
I still refuse to believe hes dead inFamous 3 with him would be brilliant. Hes much more powerful than delsin as well.

Top Bottom