• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I know it's early to say this, so forgive me if anyone from Sucker Punch is reading, but what are they going to go onto next?

Can you guys see there being much to a sequel to this game? It seemed pretty self contained to me. Bearing it mind it will also be their fourth inFamous game if they do.

But then I ask myself, what I'd prefer see them do, and open world games are always my favourite - but what would they do better than a superhero game?

I really wonder about what they'll do next.

reminder

Finally got the game today and played a few hours. Cleared two districts and it's awesome so far! The game looks and plays soooo good. Love the new powers as well.

Daingurse

Just had a great idea. I'll focus on side missions on side missions, when playing on the Vita. Saving stoy progression for the big screen.

ChrisW

So just finish the game on my evil playthrough, I really enjoyed the first 4/5 hours up until you get the third power and the games difficulty shoots up and make you feel less powerful, which I know is intended but I feel like I had to run away far too much cause I was getting murdered.

Was disappointed with the ending and the last hour of the game, overall I'm left a little deflated and wished that it was longer too.

Game could have also benifited from some more locations, like the introduction. Which never get explored again.

sun-drop

Just cleared space needle, and yeah finally maxed out smoke and have that dash grab evil gets access too.

Feeling like a bad ass who can go whereever I want, and I dont even have neon yet.

Coles dlc mission showed upnright after space needle thankfully, was wondering how to access it..

I do miss the ice launch though.... Having to look for high ground or a car to boost off is a little limiting

Amazing game so far. Holy crap at the facial animation...

in case anyone else has the same prob

ive got a pretty decent surround sound system and it was sounding very tinny/echoy, only on this game and i couldnt figure out why

turns out this game defaults to "tv only" sound output, if you go into the settings and change it to home theatre it sounds great. this is through the settings menu of the game, not the receiver or ps4 btw

so if you have a home theater system, do this :)

derExperte

What probably bothered me the most is traversal. It's just too easy this time around when you're all powered up.

Agreed and there isn't something comparable to the enormous prison tower that was in Inf1 and took a long time to climb. So satisfying when you got to the top. I also felt that the normal climbing didn't nearly work as well as in the old games, many instances where Delsin didn't grab something that looked like he should. 1 and 2 had the problem that you were kind of sucked to the walls a little too much which sometimes made it difficult to do what you wanted though. A mix between old and new would be perfect.

I just played the climb Space needle mission and it was one of the most breathtaking gaming moments graphically since the Uncharted 2 hotel climb. I literally kept taking screenshots at every moment.
I was actually nervous climbing that. This game. This fucking game man.

Xater

Having finished this game and having already started a second playthrough I only really have two complaints about the game.

1. The game really needed some more mission variety.

2. I was really disappointed by how simple and pedestrian the story turned out to be. It felt like something seen before that wasn't even as well executed (X-Men anyone?) They should really embrace the superhero stuff and go for more out there storylines that resemble comic books more. Especially after the second game which started to go in that direction.

TsuWave

tumblr_inline_n2ujbhCw4w1r3825d.png

took this screenshot before, look at the name of the store

lol

Mondy

Banned
Welp, Sony never processed my preorder refund like they said they would, so I assumed they weren't ever going to and just rolled with it. Just finished up a 3 hour straight session.

I'm happy they didn't. It's certainly a very fun game with a very doable platinum, which barring a dramatic plummet in my opinion of the game, I'll be doing. The visuals are just outstanding.

That battle with Fetch.

Audio....I don't know what it is- not just with Sucker Punch but open world games in general- but It's so soft. The individual effects are good, and everything has a distinct sound, but it's all mixed so much lower than I'd personally like aside from most dialogue and the camera alarms. Although it's an improvement from the first two games, it's still not loud enough, both combat and city noise, and sound effects trail off far too quickly moving only a few feet away from the source, or even just turning the camera. Message to all open world devs: TURN IT UP TO 11
Dynamic range says hi. If you turn it up to 11 you lose the louder moments and end up doing what music has done with the loudness war. No thanks. There are even settings in there to reduce the dynamic range, take advantage of it.

Zomba13

Was super bummed when my copy didn't arrive yesterday and I checked my order tracking info and it said it would arrive next Tuesday after being dispatched on the 20th (I guess they somehow paid for extra super slow delivery). Luckily my copy arrived this morning :D

Game is so damn good looking. Can't get on the paper trial site. Downloaded the patch (at least I think I did. It seemed to download super fast and I thought it was like 300MB or something). Do I need to activate my PSN account or something on infamouspapertrail.com to get the extra missions?

ChrisW

Have we figured out why the game is called second son? Is it just the fact that Delsin is the younger brother, second son? Little disappointing if so

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Been playing for a little while now (still only have smoke), and man, this is awesome! The traversal skills you get early on are sweet, you get around in style in this game! The regular smoke shots feel a lot more satisfying than the zapping in 1 & 2. Having a lot of fun!

Smoke is still my favorite power to fight with. The Third Power is amazing for traversal though. I can see where people would really love neon, but it's playstyle isn't my thing.

CryptiK

I was able to link mine, but the site is a POS right now so I can't do anything else really.

Yep after you link it you have to go in game do the first part then it checks online in game and just hangs there because so many people are using it.

I CAN FLY HOLY SHIT

I am so glad Sucker punch kept this a secret, this is even more fun than neon, I love this game.

Fly? You mean glide in the video power right? Neon is so much better for traversal and good playthroughs

I was able to link mine, but the site is a POS right now so I can't do anything else really.

i was able to link my game as well...i sent the stuff from mission 1 to the site, but now i have to go on the site for the next step...and it looks like its completely dead right now lol. Wonder why they cant keep this site going

mreddie

Video
was the one power I didn't expect and if
Paper
becomes a DLC power, I'm gonna be happy.

Finished the game on Good, but I'm planning to get the DUP out of Seattle before I jump to Evil.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
i was able to link my game as well...i sent the stuff from mission 1 to the site, but now i have to go on the site for the next step...and it looks like its completely dead right now lol. Wonder why they cant keep this site going

Same problem I have. I can even get the different things to load partially, but it doesn't register that I looked at them.

Top Bottom