• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
its stable for me too...i'll go back and try to play the 2nd mission in a few minutes

Well, I just went to the marker, and it won't let me even try to connect. It just constantly shows the unable to connect to your profile message and doesn't give a prompt to connect anymore.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just got to the section of the game where they show off the Neon powers.

So. Fucking. Beautiful.

diZ7T9e.gif

This game is just breathtaking on an artistic and technical level.

supergiz

I need help on the mission after you get your 3rd power.
says to search the elevators at the construction site. So I fight through some guys, go to the elevator, and nothing happens.

Am I missing something here?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
says to search the elevators at the construction site. So I fight through some guys, go to the elevator, and nothing happens.

Shoot the wooden doors.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Shoot the wooden panels with red X's on each floor where you would find the elevators.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Didn't want to import, and was tempted to wait until May for the Second Son release here in Japan, but it looks like a friend that was at GDC for work came through and picked up copies for both of us.

Cannot wait to start playing on Tuesday when I get my copy from him.

Kinda disappointed with how weak it is, it takes like 3 or 4 direct hits to kill people with it and if a car explodes when you hit it you take damage..kinda meh
Yeah, but
still looks badass, tehee

And talking about strategies, it's just hit and run. That's how I played InFamous 1 and 2.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Does anyone else think that smoke should have gotten (3rd power spoiler)
video's hover upgrades? I mean, video already lets you fly short distances and straight up buildings, the hover upgrades feel kind of unnecessary. However, smoke's only advantage once you get video is that it lets you pass through/over certain objects with ease, as it's knack for horizontal travel is made inferior by the wings, plus it has a lack of vertical travel ability outside of vents, which they forgot to put on just about half the buildings in downtown.

sirap

Guys, how fun is it being bad? Is it super destructive like Infamous 1 & 2?

I've finished a hero run on expert, looking to replay this again soon.

Well, I just went to the marker, and it won't let me even try to connect. It just constantly shows the unable to connect to your profile message and doesn't give a prompt to connect anymore.

it just worked for me...now back to figuring out stuff on the website

Endo Punk

Wow. I just obliterated one of the DUP Command centers with the neon ultimate. It was so satisfying after dying a handful of times trying to get it. This game just gets better and better... even after having beaten it.

I wasn't expecting the Orbital drop to be topped but that DBZ Neon Ultimate is really something else. Was stunned the first time I saw it.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm about 59% done with the game, and have been playing for about 11 hours. I'm pretty sure I could easily get about 20+ hours from my first playthrough. I actually don't mind the side missions, as I just like fucking around and taking over districts. I do hope that, over time, Sucker Punch continues to add to the game with DLC and patches. It really is a fantastic inFAMOUS game.

I dunno. I was playing slightly evil at the beginning, and thought this really doesn't make sense. The next part is spoilered, it's after you unlock the 3rd power and are starting to wrap up toward the end.
When Hand gets you to attack the island, and then everything happens with that. Then Augustine starts shouting to Seattle citizens to take down the Conduits. I dunno if it was because I was already a bit evil, but after that random citizens would come up and attack me. After that point, I was like, fuck these people. Now I murder everyone I see with no mercy. Do the citizens do that to good too?

No,
they actually start attacking the DUP officers.

Slixshot

Banned
I wasn't expecting the Orbital drop to be topped but that DBZ Neon Ultimate is really something else. Was stunned the first time I saw it.

Man, running around evil after being good for the first playthrough is so empowering. I'm kinda intimidated myself. People are being vaporized and shit...

I'm about 59% done with the game, and have been playing for about 11 hours. I'm pretty sure I could easily get about 20+ hours from my first playthrough. I actually don't mind the side missions, as I just like fucking around and taking over districts. I do hope that, over time, Sucker Punch continues to add to the game with DLC and patches. It really is a fantastic inFAMOUS game.

The Paper trails dlc seems pretty sick too and it's FREE! :D

Overall, I feel like this is such a great groundwork for their future games. We have to remember: as not rushed as they may have been for this game... it's still a launch window game. Next Gen is just getting started and I can't wait to see what SP does next!

After playing this game more and more, it's making me realize that Next Gen is now!
excited-gif22.gif

I wonder what is easier to get through the game on expert. I have to do my second playthrough on evil now.

Best power for a "good" playthrough?

I think smoke is the best power. Headshots auto subdue giving karma and health regen.
Choking is also the best way to make sure you don't hit civilians.

PBY

Banned
I dunno. I was playing slightly evil at the beginning, and thought this really doesn't make sense. The next part is spoilered, it's after you unlock the 3rd power and are starting to wrap up toward the end.
When Hand gets you to attack the island, and then everything happens with that. Then Augustine starts shouting to Seattle citizens to take down the Conduits. I dunno if it was because I was already a bit evil, but after that random citizens would come up and attack me. After that point, I was like, fuck these people. Now I murder everyone I see with no mercy. Do the citizens do that to good too?
Word. I'm still very early

Jedi2016

People should really play this with volume higher than normal. Makes a HUGE difference for the ambient sounds of the city and the powers
What I did was turn down the dialog to about half and then cranked up the volume. It brought the dialog more in line with everything else.

Ran Ran

I'm absolutely loving this game.

I'm finding it much more enjoyable and interesting than 1 & 2. The powers feel really unique and aren't your typical superhero stuff but damn they are fun to use.

Other than the side missions I find this to be better than 1 & 2 in every single way.

Deslin
= Cole (I like them both equally)

cdkee

Banned
Just got the third power.
Can't say I'm feeling it. Once I got Neon, I was mostly about traversal and got really good at moving around with it (Endless Speed is so OP.. lol), and this feels like a step back. Damage is higher, but less likely for subdue attacks. I can see this being more useful on an Evil playthrough since it does seem more damage-oriented (and a higher number of the skills require Evil karma). Maybe I'll use it more on my next playthrough, but I imagine I'll be using Neon more than anything else once I finish the game and go back to tick off the 100% checkboxes.

Oh, and fuck that boss fight for the third power, too. That got real old, real fast. I got the gist pretty quickly what I needed to do, it's just the game made me do it over and over and over and over and over again. That fight was at least twice as long as it needed to be.
If they had done maybe half in/half out, it would have worked easier. It also bugged me a bit how Delsin never asked Eugene, after helping him through the previous sections and even saving his life, suddenly doing everything he can to kill him, as if he suddenly changed his mind about Delsin being on his side. And then they were all bros again afterward.

Unlock double dash and jump for video and it makes traversal way faster than neon, by far.

GavinUK86

anyone got far with the paper trail mission? i've gotten all the evidence, uploaded to my page and viewed em all on the site. got delsin's phone which i can enter a device number to track but i can't figure out what number to use. i presume there is one at this point? unless i'm jumping the gun and there is no more right now?

Mr Moose

People should really play this with volume higher than normal. Makes a HUGE difference for the ambient sounds of the city and the powers

I played it with my Bose MIE2i connected to the DS4, and DAYUM! all those ambient sounds, all crystal clear. Do what Viveks tells you! It makes a huge difference!

Got the game friday but due to my OT schedule i havent been able to play... Well I guess now I kno there r only 3 powers... I dont kno if im more pissed that it was ruined for me or the fact theres only 3

atomico

Just got the neon powers and the game finally clicked. Delsin's default running speed was killing me.

And god damn, do the city and the particle effects look awesome at night.

Pop

anyone got far with the paper trail mission? i've gotten all the evidence, uploaded to my page and viewed em all on the site. got delsin's phone which i can enter a device number to track but i can't figure out what number to use. i presume there is one at this point? unless i'm jumping the gun and there is no more right now?

We're all stuck at that same point. Maybe this is the 5 extra weeks of content.

This is my favorite way of taking down Helicopters.
http://youtu.be/fTK_4yUckAo.

Now that was damn good.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Has the promised patch been released yet? if so, how's much improved is the crowd density, difficulty, and new side missions?

(Don't have the game yet)

Top Bottom