• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I feel like, for inFamous 4, a total revamp of the health and damage system is necessary. There's a lot of times I died and just had no idea what killed me.

I beat the game and I have a question. Warning after game end spoiler!!!
I've got concrete but I don't know where to go to recharge it, help!
Defeat DUP enemies. You charge up on their bodies.

David___

Banned
Just finished to 100% on my Infamous playthrough. Really loved this game even though it has glaring problems like the side missions and the fact that enemies felt like sponges on Normal to me.

Power spoiler :
Also didn't like the fact that Concrete doesn't regen like in the final boss fight.

I'll start my Expert+Hero playthrough in a week or two.

I love using neon with good karma and dash jumping followed by slo mo aiming raining death from above.
3rd power spoiler
wow. The conduit you fight to get this power was epic, the angels and demons coming out of the screen was one of the coolest things i've seen in a game
edit : can somebody tell me how many powers there are in total with a spolier tag? (dont tell what they are tho just how many)

Finished about 1 hour ago, 100% and I'M A FUCKING
ROLLING STONE! LIKE LITERALLY
, and the game even has more missions after you beat it! AWESOME SAUCEEEEEE!

More missions? I've finished the game and spent around 45mins polishing up district stuff, and not seen any. If so, this may improve my opinion on it :D

Gaz_RB

The combat started really clicking for me, mind you I've only got smoke and neon.

I've been interchanging between both during battles, running, dashing up vent, slowing down time all pretty much seamlessly. Shit is glorious.

Glorious is a good word for it. I never want it to end! The next power you get is awesome as well.

First infamous game. Loved the intro. Hatttteeed the first mission, was super disappointed after how hyped I was. Biggest problem was getting shot at from all corners of the map with pinpoint accuracy. More I play it tho , it's getting better. Graphics are insane. Gonna probly love it after more upgrades/getting better.

Yeah, once you get more powers and unlock the skills for each power you naturally start doing more badass things because the new powers open up and at the same time you're naturally improving too. In that regard you really feel the superhero/villain build-up naturally.

Got the third power...
What the fuck though, the boss was way too long and had too many hit points. I got it about half-way through there was no benefit aside from stretching out the fight. Not liking Video as much as neon, although it is kind of cool to disappear and restrain everyone quickly. Will probably continue to use Neon though.

I feel like, for inFamous 4, a total revamp of the health and damage system is necessary. There's a lot of times I died and just had no idea what killed me.
Really? I've had that problem in other games, but not inFAMOUS. There are icons on the mini-map showing where enemies are, which makes it pretty easy to know.

The enemies are all eagle-eyed expert marksmen, however. They did not go to the Stormtrooper Marksmanship Institute, that's for sure!

Yeah, once you get more powers and unlock the skills for each power you naturally start doing more badass things because the new powers open up and at the same time you're naturally improving too. In that regard you really feel the superhero/villain build-up naturally.

Got the third power...
What the fuck though, the boss was way too long and had too much hit powers. I got it about half-way through there was no benefit aside from stretching out the fight. Not liking Video as much as neon, although it is kind of cool to disappear and restrain everyone quickly. Will probably continue to use Neon though.
once I had my video power fully upgraded it was a ton of fun. Im not sure if i like it better than neon tho. But its close

Pop

Were
paper
powers ever confirmed?

No but when you play the very first mission of paper trails, someone has that power.

Just like
when you find an audio clip that tells you there's a lot more powers at the prison that you haven't seen yet. Then it names off 3 powers that aren't in the game.

vypek

I'm not crazy about the boss fights
(particularly Eugene and Augustine).
Its very annoying to take damage/be knocked down/or be "stunned" when trying to draw powers. The
room structure
for boss number
is poorly designed and is certainly not a favorable thing for combat.
(But the location for the 3rd boss was also pretty bad)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
finished all of paper trail part 1, now the game wont connect to my profile to see that its done, so i cant continue....what a piece of shit

Yeah, I put in the code in the phone and nothing happens after it tracks the signal lol. Their site is so bad.

edit: And just as I say that, it does something.

edit2: aaaaand I can't connect in the game.

Schryver

Just finished. Was my first Infamous game. Really enjoyed it. Most fun/fluid movement and combat system I've ever played. Only complaint would be repitition in missions/enemies and the fact that the fights toward the end could have required a bit more strategy. Can't wait to try an evil playthrough

SOMEONE HELP

2% left on uptown, its a tracker drone that appears right between uptown and waterfront, but I can't find it anywhere.
There is a huge, foreboding tower that shocks you if you get high enough around that area.

Where is the drone exactly?

Slixshot

Banned
SOMEONE HELP

2% left on uptown, its a tracker drone that appears right between uptown and waterfront, but I can't find it anywhere.
There is a huge, foreboding tower that shocks you if you get high enough around that area.

Where is the drone exactly?

on the tower. It's part of the story. You can't get it until you climb the tower.

viveks86

Whoa! Playing on expert and I actually came across an encounter where I felt there was no way to get past it with neon. Was way too overwhelming. Switched to smoke and it was so much easier! And I've found neon to work better in general. Now I'm convinced that the powers aren't just replaceable skins.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Whoa! Playing on expert and I actually came across an encounter where I felt there was no way to get past it with neon. Was way too overwhelming. Switched to smoke and it was so much easier! And I've found neon to work better in general. Now I'm convinced that the powers aren't just replaceable skins.
Yeah, you really need to learn which situations and which enemy types work best with certain powers. Once you get the switching down it's so much fun and spices up gameplay quite a bit.

Ravek

Banned
Can someone please help me the fuck out.

Got the game. (LOVING IT). But everytime I go to infamouspapertrail.com, the website doesn't load. Is it down? Because I see some of you saying you've already done some of the missions.

Please help.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Got the game. (LOVING IT). But everytime I go to infamouspapertrail.com, the website doesn't load. Is it down? Because I see some of you saying you've already done some of the missions.

Please help.
You just have to keep refreshing, their site is horrible.

Slixshot

Banned

Please help.

glad you're enjoying the game. It's pretty awesome. Just so you know, those missions aren't necessary to complete the game.Personally, I'm going to wait until they flesh out the site to proceed.

vypek

Do you ever fight anyone other than the same basic soldiers and do the same missions in each district?

Aside from basic soldiers you will find a few different types of "elites." Like most open worlds, it doesn't have a huge array of different enemy types but in the second half of the game you will be fighting other enemies besides basic soldiers.

----------------
Also, I didn't realize there was stuff after the game. I just got a notice about a D.U.P. raid in the lantern district

Ravek

Banned
Thanks Bunta

glad you're enjoying the game. It's pretty awesome. Just so you know, those missions aren't necessary to complete the game.Personally, I'm going to wait until they flesh out the site to proceed.

Yeah, I'm aware they are not necessary. I'm just really curious to see wtf they are really about.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Also, I didn't realize there was stuff after the game. I just got a notice about a D.U.P. raid in the lantern district

I ran into a few of those to and it surprised me. Very hard fights.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Finally got the third power. I had it spoiled for me here on GAF, but it was still cool to see it. I'm not sure how many hours I've sunk into this game anymore but I'm having a ball. Best inFAMOUS game by far, in every category, not just graphics.

Aside from basic soldiers you will find a few different types of "elites." Like most open worlds, it doesn't have a huge array of different enemy types but in the second half of the game you will be fighting other enemies besides basic soldiers.

I was really starting to get discouraged that it was ever going to change things up. It kind of feels like ass creed with the reclaiming of areas

vypek

I ran into a few of those to and it surprised me. Very hard fights.

Yeah, they're a nice little extra as well. I completed one and then got a second notice right after that. Neon ran there and just did a karma bomb right away. This game is incredibly fun

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Just finished it. Played everything except the very last boss on Expert. Was a lot of fun because the challenge felt right to me.

Put that boss down to Normal and it was enjoyable.

Cool game. I wish I had known even less about the game. :p

viveks86

Finally managed to link my accounts with paper trail. Just refreshed a 100 times and it worked! Now I need to figure out a way to get past part 1 cuz it times out at the end of it! :(

woen

"Stay in the air for more than 45 seconds" trophy is bugged here. I used the third power trick (pressing X) more than 45 seconds from the highest tower... Am I wrong ?

I don't get the "Dash trough two red air vents without touching the ground and then Comet Drop" too, It doesn't work in the same tower.

I feel really stupid but I just got Neon and beat a whole bunch of activists and I still can't figure out how to switch back to smoke. What button? I've tried everything.

vypek

I was really starting to get discouraged that it was ever going to change things up. It kind of feels like ass creed with the reclaiming of areas

You will only get about two or so different side quests in the second half so don't expect a sudden change from nowhere. You will get a few more mission types and encounter a few more enemy types but that is about it. The area reclaiming feels more useful to me in this game since it acts as a spawn point if you die instead of being pushed somewhere else.

StuBurns

Banned
"Stay in the air for more than 45 seconds" trophy is bugged here. I used the third power trick (pressing X) more than 45 seconds from the highest tower... Am I wrong ?

I don't get the "Dash trough two red air vents without touching the ground and then Comet Drop" too, It doesn't work in the same tower.
With the aiming float power up for power three, you could stay in the air for minutes I imagine.

viveks86

People should really play this with volume higher than normal. Makes a HUGE difference for the ambient sounds of the city and the powers

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

The 45 seconds trophy doesn't register until you land.

vypek

I went to a tower (not even the highest) and dashed off the ledge without launching. Then I did a second dash and then hovered with X. Once I eventually hit the ground, I got it. Sync your trophies to make sure you didn't get it without noticing already.

In the first district there is a drug bust perfect with this. The building right next to the bust has a vent on floor level which leads right to the next floor with another vent. I went through them both, thrustered towards the dealers/cops and dropped down. Ping, trophy.

EDIT: The best building to do this on, IMO, is the fast travel building in QUEEN ANNE. The showdown building

If it just doesn't work, try reloading a save. One of my secret agent missions was glitched until I reloaded

Hindl

First inFamous game, just finished as mostly evil. I think I'm at the level before evil, but I completed the game. There were two choices where I chose good just because I felt like a dick otherwise.
Chose to spare Betty at beginning, and didn't corrupt Eugene.

Speaking of, 3rd power spoiler:
When Eugene stuff started happening I was thinking things were getting a little too weird, and that boss fight looked epic, but got old fast. Wasn't a big fan of the boss fights either. Every boss fight was just spam R1 power until they die.

Also, I think this is early game but I'll spoiler anyway
the certain D.U.P. soldiers that are really buffed? Like they look like mostly rock? Fuck them they suck. Their charges were annoying, and you would just kill them with R1 just like bosses.

Aside from that, it was a really good game. It's gorgeous, and I also usually can't do sandboxes. I get distracted and never finish missions. Made it through with this one, although the story was pretty average.

I'd probably give it an 8-8.5. It's an AMAZING sandbox, and I can see myself still sinking hours into it since I have only one district cleared. The full game is good, but there's some nitpicks I have that bring it down ever so slightly. Still, if I didn't have a PS4 already, this would be a system seller

Top Bottom