• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Why do you have to start over? Just put it on Expert before the first enemy to get the game experience on Expert?

I like how the powers emphasise different kinds of traversal.

Neon is great for marathon runs across town, but not as sharp as smoke or
video
when it comes to dodging enemy attacks.

Smoke is also good for long range platforming, which neon can't do because it makes you descend rapidly if you hold circle.

Thinking of speed-running Expert on Evil later having completed Good on Normal.

What are the essential upgrades for Evil, probably similar to that of Good I'm guessing but...

Alienous

Just came out of the 2nd main battle battle with the
giant rock dude that Augustine sends down

I think the cinematic where you get out is a hint of the 3rd power. The ability to fly???! Maybe? Woo can't wait to see it!

That battle was intense!

Playing on expert throughout. Good side first.

That battle sucked.

Oh whoops, I have to start over again because I didn't click in to Expert mode before I moved Delsin, thus poisoning the entire playthrough, because Sucker Punch neglected to put in any sort of front menu screen.

Good thing there's a skip cutscene option because otherwise this would be incredibly annoying and unpolished.
I find it strange why there is no menu screen. Not even a title card of the game. This might be a first for a game. I guess they wanted to decrease the amount of time it would take for you to start the game.

To anyone who has completed both Good and Evil. Are there bonuses for completing both like how in inFAMOUS 2 once you completed your second playthrough you would get to use both sets of powers (Ice and Fire) to use in the postgame. When you complete SS two times does it unlock the Good/Evil exclusive powers for you to use?

To anyone who has completed both Good and Evil. Are there bonuses for completing both like how in inFAMOUS 2 once you completed your second playthrough you would get to use both sets of powers (Ice and Fire) to use in the postgame. When you complete SS two times does it unlock the Good/Evil exclusive powers for you to use?

No.

Tabular

Banned
this is my first infamous game, and to be honest it's not living up to the neogaf neckbeard hype. I understand that we're all thirsty for quality games on the PS4, and in terms of graphics this game delivers.

However, I feel like gameplay falls short. I'm only 15% or so of the way into the campaign but already enemies are starting to feel repetitive in their attacks, and they all look the same as well. I don't have the neon power allowing me to run up walls yet, but climbing up the sides of buildings is slow and cumbersome. In fact, the way cole moves in general feels kind of off when he isn't flying. I haven't done many sidequests yet, but from what I've read they're pretty repetitive. Of course I'll keep playing, but as of now my plan is to finish it by the end of the week and sell it off for credit towards something else.

edit: i have idea why i wrote down cole's name instead of delsin. guess i was distracted by the ky game.

More power to you dude! Keep fighting the good fight!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can someone help me with the first part of PAPER-TRAIL?

I entered the ID off the detectives website into Delsin's phone.. but nothing happens when I hit submit. The fuck gives? I went through all this effort to finally obtain it and it doesn't even work. ugh...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
this is my first infamous game, and to be honest it's not living up to the neogaf neckbeard hype. I understand that we're all thirsty for quality games on the PS4, and in terms of graphics this game delivers.

However, I feel like gameplay falls short. I'm only 15% or so of the way into the campaign but already enemies are starting to feel repetitive in their attacks, and they all look the same as well. I don't have the neon power allowing me to run up walls yet, but climbing up the sides of buildings is slow and cumbersome. In fact, the way cole moves in general feels kind of off when he isn't flying. I haven't done many sidequests yet, but from what I've read they're pretty repetitive. Of course I'll keep playing, but as of now my plan is to finish it by the end of the week and sell it off for credit towards something else.

edit: i have idea why i wrote down cole's name instead of delsin. guess i was distracted by the ky game.

A bit rude to generalize, don't you think?

Sorian

Banned
Can someone help me with the first part of PAPER-TRAIL?

I entered the ID off the detectives website into Delsin's phone.. but nothing happens when I hit submit. The fuck gives? I went through all this effort to finally obtain it and it doesn't even work. ugh...

The website is still acting funky from a large amount of traffic. Just keep in mind that you are going to hit a roadblock anyway because this content is being rolled out for a month and a half. I find that the website works better in the evenings (which shouldnt make sense).

Raptor

Played a good 5 hours cleared 3 districts or sections in normal good karma, game is very pretty.

I like the game and I will 100% it.

leng jai

Your Impeding my ability to enjoy the thread with your complaining. We get it, you dont like the combat. Move on ffs.

On topic: I only got the smoke power so far. I assume you have to continue the story to get neon? I apologize in advance if this has been asked numerous times.

I've made like 4 posts on the subject in a thread that's getting 500 "omg graphics" posts a day. Your whining is ridiculous.

Megasoum

Banned
I just got neon and I'm not sure I like...

Except for the
infinite run
skill that I can't unlock yet, not a fan of the rest.

So far smoke is far more deadly. Too bad cause Neon looks amazing.

So Sly...

8FVZNsh.jpg

Sorian

Banned

Except for the
infinite run

Judging by your use of the word deadly, yes the sentiment is that smoke is better for our anti-heroes. Neon is pretty ace though if you've ever been good with a sniping class in other games before, you can clear a street pretty easily within the
bullet time

StuBurns

Banned

Except for the
infinite run

I didn't like it, and I was worried if it was just because I'd used Smoke so much, then power three arrived. Amazing.

I haven't played evil yet, but the street art on good karma is pretty clever. It's fun watching the thing come together in stages, you don't know what you're spraying but then it comes together and then I'm like "aha!" obamanotbad.jpg

Anyone else actually hold the controller sideways like a spray can?

Megasoum

Banned
Level it up and then see what it is all about.

Yeah I guess...

Well I got all the main powers (
light speed, neon beam, phosphor beam, bubble and insight
) but I'm not much a sniper, I prefer to dump and kill which smoke (with rapid fire) is great for.

Too bad cause radiant sweep and endless speed are amazing.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The website is still acting funky from a large amount of traffic. Just keep in mind that you are going to hit a roadblock anyway because this content is being rolled out for a month and a half. I find that the website works better in the evenings (which shouldnt make sense).

wdys.gif

Oh well then just fuck this shit right now.

KorrZ

I rarely used smoke after I got newer powers because vertical traversal is such a pain.

I find smoke the most fun to kill with. I've only got Smoke and Neon but so far I've been using Neon with Endless Run to move between objectives and then switching to Smoke right before starting a mission to cause some chaos.

It's just way too fun using Cinder Block to absolutely wreck havoc on the DUP bases. All that destruction <3

StuBurns

Banned
I think Smoke might be the easiest to exploit depending on location. If you're near a vent, and you have the healing upgrade, you can do the holding square falling thing, spam everyone then just use the vent to repeat it a lot.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I do. He was attacking the poster rather than the content of his post.
I can call you wrong and also call you a neckbeard. Oh wait, that's what the first guy did, not the person you quoted.

"I read a paragraph on logical fallacies, I know what's up with the internets. I'm Aristotle."

I think Smoke might be the easiest to exploit depending on location. If you're near a vent, and you have the healing upgrade, you can do the holding square falling thing, spam everyone then just use the vent to repeat it a lot.

Lol, used that a few times during my Evil Expert playthrough.

aro52

I rarely used smoke after I got newer powers because vertical traversal is such a pain.

It seems as a whole, they put less effort into "manual" traversal. There's fewer grab points, and the flow between them isn't what it used to be. Even Smoke's "vent elevators" eliminate the need for it.

That's more of an observation than a complaint. Lovin this game.

bunbun777

Starting playing this yesterday, just about to get second power. Biggest minor gripe is no shoulder switching. Betty is awesome.

Top Bottom