• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Certinty

How does expert work for your first playthrough? I changed from normal to expert a few minutes into the game and I'm worried now.

FHIZ

How far can I go with the paper trail missions?
The last thing on my profile is
Tracker Drone
the mission after is locked.

After you finish that part, you should be able to get another mission marker in game for a mission called "Follow the Money." After that you have two things to look at on the website, and that's it for this week. Or last week's whatever.

leng jai

My only gripe with this game so far...

Is that, I feel like the characters need more time/missions for the relationship's to grow. First off, I'm 66% into the game. So maybe I'm not far enough (but I assume I am, given I'm 66% done lol). But for instance, you meet Fetch. You do her mission. Then you do ONE main mission with her after you establish the new partnership. And then that's it. They have their quick hook up scene, and I get the sense that she likes Delsin, and he likes her. I figured, okay we'll get some more side missions together later on (or cut scenes to establish this friendship).

But nope. After that, the plot kind of shifted me away from that section and into the Lantern district. I only heard from Fetch once by the phone. And then I didn't see her for hours. I never got anymore missions involving her. But then, when I finally go back to other area, there is a quick cut scene where we meet up briefly. To be clear, I'm not saying I wanted more romance. That's completely irrelevant here. This also applies for other people like Eugene.

I just feel like, they briefly introduce these characters, and then the plot sweeps away to something else, and I don't ever feel like they capitalize on these friendships. Again, I'm only 66% done. So maybe there will be more by the end. But when I had the option to "corrupt" or "redeem" these people, I just expected a bit more then what I've gotten so far.
This is a very tiny gripe. Because I love everything about this game. The characters. The story. The world. The gameplay. EVERYTHING. Totally in love with this game.

Sleeping Dogs had the same issues. Rockstar games traditionally do these things a lot better.

Kyoufu

How does expert work for your first playthrough? I changed from normal to expert a few minutes into the game and I'm worried now.

You're probably going to miss out on that trophy. It's REALLY dumb how they don't let you select difficulty before starting.

You're probably going to miss out on that trophy. It's REALLY dumb how they don't let you select difficulty before starting.

You have to hit the menu button before you even tilt the analog stick

Any movement before you change to expert will cause you to miss the trophy, even if it's before you see a single enemy

IndustryX

Can we just appreciate Augustine though? It's been a long time since I've hated a villain as much as her. The mo-cap in this game is incredible. Alot of games have villains that you kind of dislike, but Sucker Punch made sure that you'd hate Augustine within the first 30 min of the game.

Big time, great villain!

LifEndz

The visuals are just flat out stunning. Only downside thus far (about an hour in) is the dialogue. If Naughty Dog or Amy Henning could've helped SP out in this regard the game would be amazing. Still early and I hope it gets better, but some of the things said thus far have been kinda corny.

Torraz

Can we just appreciate Augustine though? It's been a long time since I've hated a villain as much as her. The mo-cap in this game is incredible. Alot of games have villains that you kind of dislike, but Sucker Punch made sure that you'd hate Augustine within the first 30 min of the game.

Was an excellent villain until the final boss fight.

Lol reversal, she was just doing it to be good

spats

Just finished the game as good Delsin. Loved it, thought it was much better than i1 & i2. Now to see if I'll actually manage to plat this.

Was an excellent villain until the final boss fight.

Lol reversal, she was just doing it to be good
Once you watch the first part of the game again, that twist makes no sense, because she does not at all act like she is trying to help conduits, even through locking them up. She generally seems to view them as dangerous lessers.

Kyoufu

Any movement before you change to expert will cause you to miss the trophy, even if it's before you see a single enemy

Lol, ridiculous. I wonder how many people have missed the trophy because they touched the stick before changing difficulty.

Torraz

Once you watch the first part of the game again, that twist makes no sense, because she does not at all act like she is trying to help conduits, even through locking them up. She generally seems to view them as dangerous lessers.

Indeed, just started my second playthrough.

Also, it's not like Cardun Cay is some kind of Conduit-only gated community, but more some torture center where the conduits are experimented on for years...

///

On a different note, I love how in the beginning, on the way to Seattle you already see some particle effects for two of the other powers. I totally missed those the first time though.

Vlodril

You can't even access the website without the email confirmation.
I just signed up for the third time (3 different emails) and nothing. The only option left is Facebook.

I am having the same issue. did the first mission in game couldnt finish it, went to the site and registered but no confirmation email. There is no option for resend confirmation either. Facebook doesnt work for me says "invalid credentials" whatever that means.

I haven't beaten the game yet (not even close) so I don't know how it leaves the world or these characters, but that final audio log has me drooling over the idea of a sequel.

Edit: I take it you can't access that final shard until progressing further in the game?

I just wanted to stop by and express my admiration of the game, it's the best on he new gen for me! I just love it, I started taking it slowly because I don't want it to end quickly!

Actually, I would say there is a decent chance the story was changed somewhere along the way because the beginning isn't really compatible with the end.

Augustine acts totally different in the beginning, Henry refers to the "plan" that she has that he knows about, which is why she's after him, and there's no way it's the "Lock all the conduits up" plan that she reveals at the end. Several characters and audiologs talk about how she's training conduits, but there's no payoff for that at all and there's no reason for it in the story. I think there was a plan for Augustine to be raising up her own army of conduits to go to war, but they changed it for some reason.

This was definitely my favorite Infamous game. Moving around with the new powers was INSANE, and felt like something only this gen could realize. Delsin was a great Evil karma character, that Infamous evil ending x_x!

Had lots of fun with this game, LOVED Fetch (wish we saw more of her). Not sure I'll go back in and complete it all but may. It seems like an easy platinum.

Actually, I would say there is a decent chance the story was changed somewhere along the way because the beginning isn't really compatible with the end.

Augustine acts totally different in the beginning, Henry refers to the "plan" that she has that he knows about, which is why she's after him, and there's no way it's the "Lock all the conduits up" plan that she reveals at the end. Several characters and audiologs talk about how she's training conduits, but there's no payoff for that at all and there's no reason for it in the story. I think there was a plan for Augustine to be raising up her own army of conduits to go to war, but they changed it for some reason.

Or
DLC.

Yeah I noticed this too.
You hear Fetch talk about how Augustine was training her for something and this plot point that she is training the conduits at Curdun Cay is never elaborated on.

Chatin

How disappointing that we can't skip cutscenes. Especially when trying to play through a second time with wreaking havoc in mind.

i had the story mission chasing the light glltch on me earlier.

i had to take the second picture at the next murder scene. while i was taking it it sorta stopped and didn't "upload" to delsin's bro.

luckily you could abandon the mission and restart.

Not explicitly a spoiler but I'll tag it just in case. I wish the final Showdown
had some kind of extended phone conversation with the poor operator you kept speaking with. Tons of opportunity there for comedy (or even some compelling bits of narrative), surprised they didn't take advantage of it.

Yeah I noticed this too.
You hear Fetch talk about how Augustine was training her for something and this plot point that she is training the conduits at Curdun Cay is never elaborated on.

I think it is because
Hank knew she had been training Fetch and Eugene to wreck havoc. She planned for them to escape the whole time so she would have a purpose for the DUP to stick around. That is why she asked if Hank "shared" anything with Delsin.

Moneal

Yeah I noticed this too.
I caught that too.

I think she had something planned until she got word that the military was taking back control from the DUP. Then her plan changed to staying in control of conduits, and she wasn't going to reveal her final plan to Delsin anyway. She knew she couldn't get him on board after killing Reggie. She just had to capture him and turn him after getting control again.

Zomba13

My thoughts on where the story was going:
I thought the escape of the 3 conduits was planned by Augustine. The game makes a point that the DUP was getting shut down and the military taking over watch of Conduits so I though she planned it all. Especially when Hank says he heard of the transport etc, I thought Augustine intentionally leaked the plan to get Hank to bust them out while on the way to the military (being the first transport) so that the DUP would be needed to get them back in custody and prove to the government that the DUP was still needed.

Then with Fetch saying about how she was trained I expected Augustine to actually be training certain conduits the DUP had for some kind of take over/war with normals. Instead she just wants to lock up all conduits apart from herself to keep them safe but also wants to torture them/inflict unnecessary pain on them just cuz.

Would really like to see Delsin in the next infamous game (Cole got 2 games and a spin-off DLC/side story so why can't Delsin? He's a better character than Cole). They will totally just plot point away his powers though. Oh no! a blast core Shard thingie has exploded and Delsin has lost whatever powers he had! Now you tussle with a guy with glass powers and get that and build up a new set that will be lost by the next game!

Would be ace to start a sequel with a fully decked out Delsin and actually adding powers ontop of that.

Dragon

Banned
Just finished my Good playthrough. I did Part 1 of the Paper Trails thing and it says it's complete. Has SP said when they're going to update those missions? I found them more engaging than the Cole's Legacy ones.

Zomba13

Not explicitly a spoiler but I'll tag it just in case. I wish the final Showdown
had some kind of extended phone conversation with the poor operator you kept speaking with. Tons of opportunity there for comedy (or even some compelling bits of narrative), surprised they didn't take advantage of it.

Yeah that would have been a nice payoff for doing all of them.

Charcoal

Question regarding Paper Trail:

I'm working on the first puzzle and trying to get the code for Delsin's phone. What's this dude's favorite sport?

char0n

Man, this game is so good... I managed to beat it in 2 nights because I stayed up until almost 4 am both nights just playing it, then today I 100%ed my good playthrough. Haven't done anything like that in almost a decade! I was worried it was going to be another case of nothing-to-do post-game but
DUP raids are
a good way to keep it engaging in a sandboxy way. Traversal in this game is just a joy, especially with neon (even though
video
is definitely faster/more efficient). Graphics are phenomenal especially the lighting/effects. Only disappointment was at the very end with
Concrete powers, they really feel like they were half realized and getting them in the last boss battle makes it seem like they were maybe a bit rushed and while they had the powers mostly done they didn't have the last set of missions around them either. It fits being end-of-the-game-bonus-content but really with how well they did on everything else I'd have loved to see them more fleshed out, especially with mission commentary about how he drains enemies to charge it.

Now for an evil karma run, though I may save a third for expert since looking at the power trees, good abilities definitely more fit my playstyle. Think this time I'll go through more slowly.

I hope sucker punch gets away from the binary good or bad thing in the future. They need a deeper more nuanced morality system that isn't so black and white. Less The Avengers and more The Watchmen.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Question regarding Paper Trail:

I'm working on the first puzzle and trying to get the code for Delsin's phone. What's this dude's favorite sport?

Keep poking around his wallet. Interesting though, it seems to randomize the clues you get/need. I had to figure out his cat's name, his favorite vacation spot, and where he parks.

I hope sucker punch gets away from the binary good or bad thing in the future. They need a deeper more nuanced morality system that isn't so black and white. Less The Avengers and more The Watchmen.

Only if they separate karma from power unlocks.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Welp, I'm screwed. I just got the 3rd power on my expert run and I didn't switch the difficulty before I moved. I'm still going to finish and get 100% on my evil. Then I'll just blaze through the story again, I guess.

edit: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

Top Bottom